Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

22 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Expecting Becky to lose to Asuka and make a surprise entrance to the Rumble.  Only real way they can get to the rumored Becky/Ronda match.

The winner can challenge any brand belt? If that's the scenario, I approve!

Edited by AUBwins

I'm going to say Braun Strowman will be in the Royal Rumble and win it. They've been having him chase Lesnar for the title for the last year. If anyone is going to send Lesnar packing or send him into a hiatus from WWE I don't see why it wouldn't be Strowman. I know some may not want to see it but I really think Strowman deserves a run with the Universal title. I mean, his Money in the Bank cash in even had to be screwed with. I know he's been working through an injury but him winning the Rumble isn't that unrealistic. If he's healthy enough to flip a damn limousine, why can't he throw or knock guys over the top rope and out of the ring? lol

For the Women's Royal Rumble it's going to be Charlotte. Wooooooooo!!!! I know people think Becky should face Ronda and I'm sure they will eventually face each other but WWE always seems to do random swerves to avoid being too predictable. I have a feeling they're going to have Charlotte go over and win the women's Rumble.  

It has been a lot of fun watching Rey Rey come back and wrestle again.  Andrade and he have been creating some fantastic matches.  Andrade works well with Rey, allowing him to pull off some high flyers that he had moved away from later in his career.  Rey has been bringing it again like he used to. I just wish WWE would stop ruining classic matches with an interference.  The 2 out of 3 match was great until a Joe interference.  It was pretty great though to see Orton one up Joe's statement night. RKO!

• Thanks 1

This is easily my favorite persona yet of Daniel Bryan and I NEVER thought he could top what he did as a heel in ROH or as a comedy character with team hell no!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!! 

On 1/22/2019 at 11:43 PM, AUBwins said:

It has been a lot of fun watching Rey Rey come back and wrestle again.  Andrade and he have been creating some fantastic matches.  Andrade works well with Rey, allowing him to pull off some high flyers that he had moved away from later in his career.  Rey has been bringing it again like he used to. I just wish WWE would stop ruining classic matches with an interference.  The 2 out of 3 match was great until a Joe interference.  It was pretty great though to see Orton one up Joe's statement night. RKO!

LETS GO BABY!!!!!!!!! SO BEYOND HYPED for muhhhhh Favorite PPV of the year. Nothing is better than the rumble. AND NOW we got 2 of them!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

LETS GO BABY!!!!!!!!! SO BEYOND HYPED for muhhhhh Favorite PPV of the year. Nothing is better than the rumble. AND NOW we got 2 of them!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!

Should be good, wish I still had the network! The trial was great while it lasted. I squeezed in 2 PPVs and a NXT Takeover in 30 days lol. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Should be good, wish I still had the network! The trial was great while it lasted. I squeezed in 2 PPVs and a NXT Takeover in 30 days lol. 

heck yah baby!!!! I cannot wait!!! all starts tomorrow night. WOOO!!! LETS GOOOOO!!! Dang you got some miiiiiiiiiileage out of that.

WWE remade the famous 91 rumble photo with this years group!

hogan.jpg

roll.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

heck yah baby!!!! I cannot wait!!! all starts tomorrow night. WOOO!!! LETS GOOOOO!!! Dang you got some miiiiiiiiiileage out of that.

I was about a week away from seeing crown Jewel too, Haha.  They screwed up trying to fit so many events in the month of September/ October.  Lol 

Worked for me!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I was about a week away from seeing crown Jewel too, Haha.  They screwed up trying to fit so many events in the month of September/ October.  Lol 

Worked for me!

when will you be eligible for a free trial again?! just keep on cranking that out! haha

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

when will you be eligible for a free trial again?! just keep on cranking that out! haha

Well they keep sending emails that they want me back so evidently not yet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

https://es.pn/2UgKwYO

@GwillMac6  good read on D Bryan heel persona. Lengthy article so I just linked it. 

hug.gif

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE father of the bride!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for this fam!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! HAPPY ROYAL RUMBLE DAY!!! LETS GOOOOO!!!!!! Almost time for the main show!!!!!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE father of the bride!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for this fam!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! HAPPY ROYAL RUMBLE DAY!!! LETS GOOOOO!!!!!! Almost time for the main show!!!!!

Haha,  one of the best! Murphy's Law move is sick! First I have seen of it.  Welp the free stuff is over,  on to the CBS stream 

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Woo hoo! 

Ya know. I liked Becks a LOT better when she was the sidekick lol she has been a pain in my ass for the past several months............... I am fine if they want Becky to win. It WAS the right call I can admit. I just hated the way they went about it. As a D Bry super fan I can attest to feeling shafted after the 2014 rumble.  Give the fans what they want. But got dang. Do not make my girl Charlotte look like a freaking chump losing to a 1 legged girl. That was some Super Cena like booking. I am triggered.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 2

We all knew she would join in but kudos to WWE for finding a twist for getting her in Haha. I agree Charlotte doing something stupid to get eliminated was weak.  That's ok.  I would not be surprised for Becky to announce she is coming for Ronda only for Charlotte to make her way in as a triple threat to finish what she started with Ronda. The Nia screw up may have given us a better match at Mania with both taking on Ronda in a match no one can predict the winner.  So think Becky shows up to Raw or announces on SD?

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ya know. I liked Becks a LOT better when she was the sidekick lol she has been a pain in my ass for the past several month

When I started paying attention to wrestling again last year, I got on the Becky train before they pushed her.  There was just something special to watch in her matches.  I liked her style.  I never imagined she would break through like this though as another superstar headlining PPVs. I have always taken to the Celtic culture,  so she is likely my fave women's wrestler ever.  I didn't watch WWE in the attitude era that much and the women never had the spotlight like they do now.  They have come a long way in this year alone with some incredible matches.  The women probably have 2 or 3 match of the year candidates themselves. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AUBwins said:

We all knew she would join in but kudos to WWE for finding a twist for getting her in Haha. I agree Charlotte doing something stupid to get eliminated was weak.  That's ok.  I would not be surprised for Becky to announce she is coming for Ronda only for Charlotte to make her way in as a triple threat to finish what she started with Ronda. The Nia screw up may have given us a better match at Mania with both taking on Ronda in a match no one can predict the winner.  So think Becky shows up to Raw or announces on SD?

I think it was going to be a triple threat regardless of who won tonight at Mania. I just think they could of made Charlotte a MONSTER heel again if they had her eliminate the man as becky was eliminating nia The crowd would of exploded in fury. And then the 2014 dbry underdog story in becky is re born as she could of won the chamber or something. But like I said I am fine with Becky winning. Give the majority of the fans what they have been clamoring for. But did they have to make Charlotte who is a specimen look weak by  losing to a 1 legged Becky? I mean come on. Just have her beat charlotte straight up. IDK how they get to a triple threat now. It is more tricky. But I still think it is going to happen.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

When I started paying attention to wrestling again last year, I got on the Becky train before they pushed her.  There was just something special to watch in her matches.  I liked her style.  I never imagined she would break through like this though as another superstar headlining PPVs. I have always taken to the Celtic culture,  so she is likely my fave women's wrestler ever.  I didn't watch WWE in the attitude era that much and the women never had the spotlight like they do now.  They have come a long way in this year alone with some incredible matches.  The women probably have 2 or 3 match of the year candidates themselves. 

Womens wrasslin has NEVER been better. People will point to Trish and Lita but they were just 2 women. They were not surrounded by other great wrestlers most of the time like charlotte and the man are. You got bayley, sasha, alex bliss who is great on the mic, asuka, ember moon and ruby riott all who can freaking GO in the ring. Plus NXT is stacked with powerhouses right now. It is the golden age for womens wrestling. They are looked at as great performers and not just before where OMGSH PUPPPPPPPPPPPPPIES like Jerry Lawler would say and were not taken seriously. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The PPV itself was way too long.  5 hours is a lot to ask for fans to sit through.  Also, only three things really caught my eye.

1) Becky is undoubtedly the most over person in the company right now.  Her reactions are insane.

2) If this Bryan angle is going where I think it is, well then I'm super excited.  An angry hippie/earth-hugger stable in the mold of the Straight Edge Society could be oodles of fun.

3) Brock is an underappreciated pro wrestler.  There isn't a better seller in the WWE right now when it comes to match psychology.  When he's motivated, he's really good.

Everything else was pretty standard fare.  Nice to see they gave Andrade some shine in the Rumble match.  Seth winning was predictable and I'm assuming he'll beat Brock at Mania for the feel good moment.   They'll also need the Rumble winner to actually win at Mania this year since Nakamura fail to cash in last year and I expect Bryan to have a lengthy title run on Smackdown, so that fully eliminated the Smackdown crew from winning this Rumble.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think it was going to be a triple threat regardless of who won tonight at Mania. I just think they could of made Charlotte a MONSTER heel again if they had her eliminate the man as she was eliminating becky. The crowd would of exploded in fury. And then the 2014 dbry underdog story in becky is re born as she could of won the chamber or something. But like I said I am fine with Becky winning. Give the majority of the fans what they have been clamoring for. But did they have to make Charlotte who is a specimen look weak by  losing to a 1 legged Becky? I mean come on. Just have her beat charlotte straight up. IDK how they get to a triple threat now. It is more tricky. But I still think it is going to happen.

If you want to see some really good women's matches, go look up Tessa Blanchard vs Rachel Ellering on the indy circuit.  I saw them at WrestleCircus here in Austin a couple of years ago.  Tore the house down and may be the best match I've ever seen live (and I've been to two Rumbles and two Manias).

• Thanks 1