Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

They’re gonna kayfabe it. 

I don’t see how you don’t flip Liv heel because this amounts to NUCLEAR heat if they lean into it. Then Rhea comes back as a face and bam. Moneymaker. 

They just might after they see how much heat she was getting for it.  Rhea sold in her promo as well.

I hate Dub marks. There. I said it. 

It was a good match. Hell it was even a great match. But do these “journalists” have their heads so far up their own asses that it’s automatically the greatest match on American soil ever, and they make that call mere moments after it ends?

I just don’t freaking get it. It was good. Was it better than Flair/Steamboat or Austin/Michaels? What? 

13 hours ago, AUDub said:

It was a good match. Hell it was even a great match. But do these “journalists” have their heads so far up their own asses that it’s automatically the greatest match on American soil ever, and they make that call mere moments after it ends?

I just don’t freaking get it. It was good. Was it better than Flair/Steamboat or Austin/Michaels? What? 

I think it is in the conversation, but it also depends how people view what a great match is.  I think from pure "in ring wrestling" it is hard to top. It had the emotions and drama within the ring. The major element missing to call it the greatest ever was missing the drama of a long feud that has a payoff.  But they did the best they could with it (even built it a little in a month).  Very close to having it all but regardless, it was the best match I have personally seen.  I didn't see some of the early WWF stuff.  I got into wrestling later.

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

But they did the best they could with it

Disagree.

Ospreay was having matches against his own stablemates and cutting promos on Triple H. Wha?

There was practically 0 effort to build the matchup. I’ve used the phrase “heatless bangers” before and I meant it.  This is the ur-example. 

Wrestling is about stories. “Why are these guys fighting. Why should I care? Who’s the bad guy and who’s the good guy?”

These things matter and until Tony figures that out AEW will continue to whither. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 7:24 PM, AUDub said:

Wrestling is about stories. “Why are these guys fighting. Why should I care? Who’s the bad guy and who’s the good guy?”

These things matter and until Tony figures that out AEW will continue to whither. 

Don't disagree.  That's definitely what they need.  And to just shut up and focus on themselves.

I also think IWC is taking everything too seriously and criticizing everything solely on tribalism. Not saying criticism isn't needed but majority is just continuing with old jabs.  But when the companies are going back and forth themselves, it just continues the angst in the fanbases. 

I take wrasslin tribalism to a whole new level. I’m not a company tribalist. No sir! I’m a brand tribalist. I watch smackdown religiously and that’s it. I will tune in to watch raw but only the segments my favorite wrestlers are on and fast forward through the rest. It’s blue brand all day bay baaaaay!!!!

IMG_7891.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I take wrasslin tribalism to a whole new level. I’m not a company tribalist. No sir! I’m a brand tribalist. I watch smackdown religiously and that’s it. I will tune in to watch raw but only the segments my favorite wrestlers are on and fast forward through the rest. It’s blue brand all day bay baaaaay!!!!

IMG_7891.jpeg

spiderman-defoe.gif