Softball vs. Ole Miss

My bad, I thought she came down on the base. Having a decent replay system would answer some of these questions. When they tried to show a replay of the McCrackin steal attempt, the SEC banner swooped in and blacked it out. As for the game itself, good effort by the girls to win a road game, when Carlson didn't have her best stuff. I continue to be impressed by Dowell's glove work. Rivera's homer one of the best-hit balls of the season. I think we'll see Anna Borgen tomorrow v. Martin. She actually has a better ERA than Lee, (really better numbers overall) although Lee is considered the #1. Does anyone know anything about Taylon Snow's injury?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice win ladies!  Men are victors as are our ladies!

WDE and Happy Easter & God Bless!!

51 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

My bad, I thought she came down on the base. Having a decent replay system would answer some of these questions. When they tried to show a replay of the McCrackin steal attempt, the SEC banner swooped in and blacked it out. As for the game itself, good effort by the girls to win a road game, when Carlson didn't have her best stuff. I continue to be impressed by Dowell's glove work. Rivera's homer one of the best-hit balls of the season. I think we'll see Anna Borgen tomorrow v. Martin. She actually has a better ERA than Lee, (really better numbers overall) although Lee is considered the #1. Does anyone know anything about Taylon Snow's injury?

Good prediction, but Ole Miss might throw the lefty Ava Tillman tomorrow. Ole Miss has a lot of pitchers on staff but relies heavily on Kaitlin Lee.

4 hours ago, WarTiger said:

So far this is a horrible broadcast.  McCrackin singles to left.      There's no crowd noise coming through the broadcast at all.  Almost sounds like they are playing in an empty stadium.    Awful broadcast.

Be glad you couldn't hear the field noise.  The Ole MIss dugout never quit screaming when Auburn was in the field and the Ole Miss pitcher screamed DOOOWAHH!  every.friggin.pitch.for.real.

2 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

McCrackin was safe.  I could see it easily from where I was sitting and the replay confirmed it.  The crowd let blue know he botched that pretty bad.

13 hours ago, WarTiger said:

So far this is a horrible broadcast.  McCrackin singles to left.      There's no crowd noise coming through the broadcast at all.  Almost sounds like they are playing in an empty stadium.    Awful broadcast.

Yeah, that was kind of odd.  I actually thought the PBP guy and analyst did a pretty good job. They were homers but gave AU credit when credit was due and showed excitement when AU had a good play or hit. 

I thought the broadcast was overall good as well. I like it when they don't try to "over talk" the game. From pictures of the Ole Miss facility they have an enclosed broadcast area and apparently no piped in stadium sound. That did make for a bit of a sterile broadcast. I saw Taylon Snow come out after the Rivera home run. She had on a jacket and did not on a sling so hopefully something that will heal with time.

3 hours ago, around4ever said:

Yeah, that was kind of odd.  I actually thought the PBP guy and analyst did a pretty good job. They were homers but gave AU credit when credit was due and showed excitement when AU had a good play or hit. 

The announcers did do a pretty good job.  It's just part of the element is having the crowd and we didn't get that on their broadcast and it took away from the game a little bit at least for me.

6 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

The announcers did do a pretty good job.  It's just part of the element is having the crowd and we didn't get that on their broadcast and it took away from the game a little bit at least for me.

Agree.....on the road we pretty much always get the home town announcers and most of them do OK at not being flagrant "homers"....just the way it is....and I'm just happy to get the PBP these days. 

24 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Agree.....on the road we pretty much always get the home town announcers and most of them do OK at not being flagrant "homers"....just the way it is....and I'm just happy to get the PBP these days. 

Yeah. It wasn't that long ago we didn't get anything when it came to softball.   Fortunately the rise of the Auburn program correlated to the start of the SEC Network and we are fortunate to get to see almost every game now.  

Archived