Baseball at uat Game 2

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greenhill in the groove.....being economical......maybe start game 2.?    If he gets this guy quickly I would just keep him warm and send him back out.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Greenhill in the groove.....being economical......maybe start game 2.?    If he gets this guy quickly I would just keep him warm and send him back out.

Not so economical in his first inning though.  Looks like he's going to be near 40 pitches.  Might can give 1 or 2.  Looks like its gonna be a lot of Mitchell.

For the first time since 2004 Auburn has won the series in looserville. War Damn Eagle! 

Get the brooms out and sweep ‘em on into the trash.

Greenhill is a quick worker...no need for a pitch clock with him on the mound.....nice job to close out the win..

Still looking for him to start the next game....

28 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Holland bunts him over to third...I believe that's AUs third bunt situation today.  @Mikey, do I need to dust off the 2012-2014 soapbox and let you boys go at it?

I was hoping Butch would keep up the "no bunts" philosophy. I wonder how many runs we might have scored in that inning had we not wasted an out? :devil:

who is the starter for game 3?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I was hoping Butch would keep up the "no bunts" philosophy. I wonder how many runs we might have scored in that inning had we not wasted an out? :devil:

Come on now.....a bunt is occasionally a good tool to use in certain situations. It's a fun part of baseball.  Butch has used that option judiciously. 

3 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

who is the starter for game 3?

Thanks!

Not announced yet.  Will update in the new game thread once the lineup gets posted

A sweep would be so nice!

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'm thinking none....my crystal ball showed the next batter lining into a double play followed by a strike out.  :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Come on now.....a bunt is occasionally a good tool to use in certain situations. It's a fun part of baseball.  Butch has used that option judiciously. 

Certainly there's a time and place for a sacrifice bunt. Starting with who is at bat, then 8th inning or later, when one run is important. Maybe three or four times a season there's an appropriate time for a sacrifice bunt.  Otherwise, wasted out! My mind's made up and there are facts to verify the Never Sacrifice" theory.

Archived