Beverage Pairings for Every AU Game...

aucanucktiger

5 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Nope, there’s a Metallica inspired whiskey called “Blackened”. I’m sure I’ve drank much worse. 

Yeah, I was just joking about the Metallica/whiskey/timeline stuff.

Usually these celebrities just buy a functioning distillery/winery/brewery, rebrand it and pump some marketing $ into it. (See: Sammy Hagar's Cabo Wabo tequila.) So it's going to at least be potable. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Has anybody tried the Metallica whiskey “Blackened”. I’m a whiskey and Metallica kind of guy (Metallica since 6th grade, whiskey a little later). I’m definitely intrigued. 

Unfortunately, I can't drink adult beverages during my treatment but when I'm cured, I think I'll celebrate by finding this whiskey of which you speak.

Now, with that said, I will definitely be listening to some Metallica while in the chair!!!  A little "Creeping Death" as I imagine the chemo running through the cancer cells and killing them... Oh yeah!!

Yes, I have my bad side too sometimes...

Seek and Destroy your cancer \m/

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Unfortunately, I can't drink adult beverages during my treatment

Yo, this ish just got real...

but when I'm cured, I think I'll celebrate by finding this whiskey of which you speak.

Now, with that said, I will definitely be listening to some Metallica while in the chair!!!  A little "Creeping Death" as I imagine the chemo running through the cancer cells and killing them... Oh yeah!!

...real bad ass, that is!!!

DIE
By my hand
I creep across this man
Killing all the can...
...cer

I'm still workshoppin it.  

\m/

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, I was just joking about the Metallica/whiskey/timeline stuff.

Usually these celebrities just buy a functioning distillery/winery/brewery, rebrand it and pump some marketing $ into it. (See: Sammy Hagar's Cabo Wabo tequila.) So it's going to at least be potable. 

I’m definitely in the minor league when it comes to alcohol. I knew that fact when a girl i was hanging with got up one morning after a party at about 0645 and drank George Dickle from the freezer. ??

Just now, aubearcat said:

I’m definitely in the minor league when it comes to alcohol. I knew that fact when a girl i was hanging with got up one morning after a party at about 0645 and drank George Dickle from the freezer. ??

:o

I hope she's okay. My goodness. Major league ball ain't always what it's cracked up to be. 

I had a girl show up at my house once drunk on mouthwash. I won't get into the specifics, but we broke up later that weekend. (We may or may not have partied for a couple days first. Her problems weren't going to get solved on a Saturday.)

Indeed. I haven’t seen or heard from her in probably 20 years. Hopefully, all is well with her. Booze can get you by the tail if you let it. 

Washington - Jameson & Sprite... Being an earlier game, I need something with a kick that also well help settle my constitution.

Alabama A&M - Will miss this one doing Air Force things.

LSU - Tequila Sunrises all day

Arkansas - Letting the beer flow through me.  Haven't decided between Miller or PBR

Southern Miss - See Arkansas

Mississippi State - This will be my birthday weekend, so whatever is fed down my face hole

Tennessee - Jack & Coke

Ole Miss - Landshark & Bacardi Limon.... At least the beer is deserving of its name.

Texas A&M - Shiner Bock.  This is my favorite beer and my second favorite thing from Texas. Best friend gets first place in that category.

Georgia - Whatever I can get my hands on to calm my nerves

Liberty - Water.

Alabama - See Georgia and multiply it by 2. 

Wouldn't every Auburn game day adult beverage some form of hard Lemonade since Toomer's is famous for their lemonade? I kid I kid.

For Washington, I know on the west cost Red Hook Beer is very popular and it is brewed in Seattle.  Probably can find it in a specialty package store.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yo, this ish just got real...

I know.  When they said "no alcohol" I was all:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

...real bad ass, that is!!!

DIE
By my hand
I creep across this man
Killing all the can...
...cer

I'm still workshoppin it.  

\m/

LOVE THIS!

Yes this'll be the version running through my head for now on.

Nice riff Loof!!

10 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

LOVE THIS!

Yes this'll be the version running through my head for now on.

Nice riff Loof!!

I'm just glad you brought up that song. Definitely my favorite pre-Master song. (Once you get into Master and Justice, you have to start picking favorite children.)

2 hours ago, akcwde said:

Texas A&M - Shiner Bock.  This is my favorite beer and my second favorite thing from Texas. 

Good choice

K1 or Buffalo Trace/Eagle Rare every game. Neat or maybe a cube of ice at most. 

11 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Unfortunately, I can't drink adult beverages during my treatment but when I'm cured, I think I'll celebrate by finding this whiskey of which you speak.

My apologies for the video highjack....but MetalliCA!!!

Can't do it like I used to.  But, it used to be a couple of good Absolut Bloodys in the morning, Bud Lights all day, then Tanqueray and Tonics until...  

Now it's just a Bud Lights all day. 

On 8/21/2018 at 8:45 PM, homersapien said:

:thumbsup:

My typical game day drink is "Michelob Ultra" because I am typically watching from a sports bar and I have to drive home.  That's about as close as you can get to not drinking at all, well, except for not drinking. ;)

Try 16-18...into a 24 oz frosty mug...with a 1/4 lime squeeze. My absolute fav. No pain at bedtime, which comes in handy after games in Death Valley.

On 8/21/2018 at 9:05 PM, toddc said:

I run a 12 Step Program in North Alabama if anyone here ever needs me! ?

12 steps to the fridge. 12 steps to the living room. 12 steps to the bathroom. Rinse and repeat about 12 times. I got your program down pat. Don't tell me I don't exercise.

On 8/22/2018 at 8:42 AM, homersapien said:

I'm not sure I could get drunk on Ultra, I think you can metabolize it as fast as you drink it.

On 8/22/2018 at 4:34 PM, AUDub said:

It's effing close to water.

Ultra is worse. Like making love on a glider. 

Image result for slackers gif back to the future
Image result for girl drinks beer fast gif
Related image
Related image
Related image

Am I the only one who saw this as a contradictory statement?

Auburn: Vodka Tonic

It’s highly effective yet popular for no good reason. It’ll always be there in the end.

I ended up with a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada's Oktoberfest. And an Ayinger for dessert. And Sazerac Rye for bedtime medicine.

Tonight, WE DRINK IN HELL!!! oh wait that one got away from me sorry about that guys war eagle cheers

23 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Usually these celebrities just buy a functioning distillery/winery/brewery, rebrand it and pump some marketing $ into it. (See: Sammy Hagar's Cabo Wabo tequila.)

From what I watched on one of his documentaries years ago, he helped build it from the ground up. He helped pick the gardens where they would grow and demanded the finest blue agave plants. He frequently visited the gardens. He was very hands-on from what was shown. He didn't just want a brand of tequila. He wanted to make it the best on the market.

47 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I ended up with a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada's Oktoberfest. And an Ayinger for dessert. And Sazerac Rye for bedtime medicine.

Tonight, WE DRINK IN HELL!!! oh wait that one got away from me sorry about that guys war eagle cheers

I'm with you in spirit for every drink you down, my friend!  I'm hoping to at least be able to have a cold Mtn. Dew or 2!!

Archived