Beverage Pairings for Every AU Game...

aucanucktiger

Just now, McLoofus said:

Tell us more?

well mr mcloofus this is something you smoke and not drink. and it is not crack nor meth. try not to hate me  lol

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

sour deisel for the washington game and some kind of purple something or other for tomorrow night..................

Sounds like an offering from The Daiquiri Deck on nearby Siesta Key ?

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Sounds like an offering from The Daiquiri Deck on nearby Siesta Key ?

i wish you had some 72. it would make your treatment so much easier to deal with.

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

sour deisel for the washington game and some kind of purple something or other for tomorrow night..................

I have a couple of jobs around the house that may call for Gorilla Glue this weekend

1 minute ago, EclecticTiger said:

I have a couple of jobs around the house that may call for Gorilla Glue this weekend

but but but will that not stop ya up? or do you mean the real gorilla glue?

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

well mr mcloofus this is something you smoke and not drink. and it is not crack nor meth. try not to hate me  lol

No, but you can eat it, and I’m pretty sure @McLoofus likes to eat ?

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

but but but will that not stop ya up? or do you mean the real gorilla glue?

It makes jobs easier and more fun, that’s for damn sure. And as for real, yes, it’s real...real strong ?

Just now, EclecticTiger said:

No, but you can eat it, and I’m pretty sure @McLoofus likes to eat ?

i overdid an edible one time before one of my last band gigs and i got so high i tried to talk the band into letting me go home and i was the singer................lol. thank goodness it mellowed out after about thirty minutes   lol.  but see? i scared everyone off   lol

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

I stopped hating people for not smoking crack or meth long time ago. 

J/k, sir. You will get no judgment from me for the other. Quite the opposite. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I stopped hating people for not smoking crack or meth long time ago. 

J/k, sir. You will get no judgment from me for the other. Quite the opposite. 

i think pot is gods gift to mankind among other things............and i always thought you were pretty cool for the record.

1 hour ago, EclecticTiger said:

Honored. 

In all seriousness, after lurking for so many years (I have to speak/call/write so much, and so frequently for work, reading about a subject I love written by like-minded individuals without the need to respond is refreshing) I feel like I know some of you. With that said, there are quite a few folks I’d relish the opportunity to meet and maybe have a drink, eg, yourself, @McLoofus, @AUsince72 (in a couple of months when you’re free and clear of all this, and can again imbibe), and @ShocksMyBrain, to name a few. 

I know this is a little out of place, but it’s my late best friend’s birthday, and maybe I’m a touch sentimental, but I’m just trying to say I appreciate good, intelligent, thoughtful, respectful people, with good taste, and a good sense of humor. 

War Damn!

I am of the firm belief that there are few problems that cannot be solved over a dram of 2 of whisky and some fine tobacco.

1 hour ago, EclecticTiger said:

It is, and it’s pretty damn tasty. My lady and I have a tradition of a Christmas/Holiday movie marathon including, Christmas Vacation, Elf, etc. all the while sipping on that thick, rich, boozy, Holiday nectar. Also, it’s a nice, mellow, incredibly happy buzz. In fact, it’s probably the “happiest buzz” I’ve ever had (from an alcoholic beverage, that is ?)!

I dig the homemade Irish Cream idea. I’ve made Limoncello a few times, as it’s easy, cheap, and delicious. 

If you’re down for a little recipe exchange, let me know. 

I've got 1 Mason jar left of the batch I made last year waiting for me in the back of the fridge. I can't wait to crack it open in a couple months.

2 minutes ago, selias said:

I am of the firm belief that there are few problems that cannot be solved over a dram of 2 of whisky and some fine tobacco.

Hear! Hear!

1 minute ago, selias said:

I've got 1 Mason jar left of the batch I made last year waiting for me in the back of the fridge. I can't wait to crack it open in a couple months.

I know the feeling! 

I enjoyed my year+ batch, but considering the space (no second fridge for the moment) vs appreciation of improvement, I’ve found 3 months to be my ideal age, on balance. 

Have you had similar experiences re: the happiness/mellowness of the buzz from homemade aged egg nog, or is it psychosomatic on my part?

7 minutes ago, selias said:

No kidding? It'll hold that long?

2 minutes ago, EclecticTiger said:

I know the feeling! 

I enjoyed my year+ batch, but considering the space (no second fridge for the moment) vs appreciation of improvement, I’ve found 3 months to be my ideal age, on balance. 

Have you had similar experiences re: the happiness/mellowness of the buzz from homemade aged egg nog, or is it psychosomatic on my part?

Last year was the first time I made it. It was excellent at ~3 months and better still at 5 (February). I can't wait to see what a year has done for it. It's just me in the house so, it take a long time to go through a batch of nog

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

No kidding? It'll hold that long?

It's incredibly boozy and the fridge holds temp at 38. It should be just fine

10 minutes ago, selias said:

Yeah, 3 weeks minimum aging, then enjoy for years to come, should you choose (and be able) to make it last. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

To borrow from @Tiger Refuge, you just triggered a Pavlovian response from me. 

And while it’s probablyat least 40 proof, it goes down like chocolate milk first thing in the morning, and makes for a great time. I drank a quart last year in a sitting and grinned and giggled through the movies. 

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That's a high octane choice for lunch. BRAVO. Not all heroes wear capes!

I nominate you, JoeinPF, to join aubearcat and @EclecticTiger on the Mount Rushmore of This Thread. 

I am honored and the first shot will be a toast to the other honorees 

4 hours ago, EclecticTiger said:
5 hours ago, selias said:

Yeah, 3 weeks minimum aging, then enjoy for years to come, should you choose (and be able) to make it last. 

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

To borrow from @Tiger Refuge, you just triggered a Pavlovian response from me. 

And while it’s probablyat least 40 proof, it goes down like chocolate milk first thing in the morning, and makes for a great time. I drank a quart last year in a sitting and grinned and giggled through the movies. 

Okay, that's it...

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Elf, A Christmas Story and, of course, Die Hard at Eclectic's house this year!!!!

21 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Okay, that's it...

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Elf, A Christmas Story and, of course, Die Hard at Eclectic's house this year!!!!

Done!

I live in Charlotte these days, so start planning/making excuses to spouses.

Did I mention I smoke various and sundry meats often, and my lady makes the best damned buttermilk pound cake I’ve ever eaten? 

39 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Okay, that's it...

Duh

11 minutes ago, EclecticTiger said:

Done!

Did I mention I smoke various and sundry meats often, and my lady makes the best damned buttermilk pound cake I’ve ever eaten? 

You've really got to loosen up and try to enjoy life a little.

29 minutes ago, EclecticTiger said:

Done!

Interesting... My Division HQ is located in Belmont, just west of Charlotte.  ...of course, I'm in SW Fla but will be in TN before Christmas season...

Archived