Beverage Pairings for Every AU Game...

aucanucktiger

36 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

From what I watched on one of his documentaries years ago, he helped build it from the ground up. He helped pick the gardens where they would grow and demanded the finest blue agave plants. He frequently visited the gardens. He was very hands-on from what was shown. He didn't just want a brand of tequila. He wanted to make it the best on the market.

Yeah I know that I was just testing you congratulations you passed

:'(

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm with you in spirit for every drink you down, my friend!  I'm hoping to at least be able to have a cold Mtn. Dew or 2!!

No BS, I thought about you when I made the selection. I had to go decent but affordable because I knew I would be drinking for 2 today. (I'll drink for Mrs. Loof on Sundays!)

1 minute ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Isn't that what the yellow highlight function is for?

I'm not getting fancy on my phone. And I'm just kidding. I was serious about Sammy Hagar and joking when I said that I already knew that. It was all very funny in my head.

Sipping on a Glenmorangie Bacalta, and smoking a Double Toro Drew Estates Liga Privada T52 after that one.

Another toast to all of you!

War Damn Eagle!

On 9/1/2018 at 7:31 PM, EclecticTiger said:

Sipping on a Glenmorangie Bacalta, and smoking a Double Toro Drew Estates Liga Privada T52 after that one.

War Damn Eagle!

:cheers:

Having a run at some Bookers now...very nice 

On 9/1/2018 at 7:31 PM, EclecticTiger said:

War Damn Eagle!

I like you. We could be friends.

I am hoping that instead of a game fir serious drinking, the ASU game is it is the type of game you end up doing belly shots with your favorite 17-year-old.

26 minutes ago, JoeinPF said:

I am hoping that instead of a game fir serious drinking, the ASU game is it is the type of game you end up doing belly shots with your favorite 17-year-old.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

Having a run at some Bookers now...very nice 

That's a high octane choice for lunch. BRAVO. Not all heroes wear capes!

58 minutes ago, JoeinPF said:

I nominate you, JoeinPF, to join aubearcat and @EclecticTiger on the Mount Rushmore of This Thread. 

48 minutes ago, selias said:

I like you. We could be friends.

Honored. 

In all seriousness, after lurking for so many years (I have to speak/call/write so much, and so frequently for work, reading about a subject I love written by like-minded individuals without the need to respond is refreshing) I feel like I know some of you. With that said, there are quite a few folks I’d relish the opportunity to meet and maybe have a drink, eg, yourself, @McLoofus, @AUsince72 (in a couple of months when you’re free and clear of all this, and can again imbibe), and @ShocksMyBrain, to name a few. 

I know this is a little out of place, but it’s my late best friend’s birthday, and maybe I’m a touch sentimental, but I’m just trying to say I appreciate good, intelligent, thoughtful, respectful people, with good taste, and a good sense of humor. 

War Damn!

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's a high octane choice for lunch. BRAVO. Not all heroes wear capes!

I nominate you, JoeinPF, to join aubearcat and @EclecticTiger on the Mount Rushmore of This Thread. 

Aww shucks, y’all are going to make a fella blush. That’s quite the compliment. I appreciate it, and the company with whom I’m included! 

Also, mixing up my egg nog this weekend to lay down for aging before Christmas ?. Good times are indeed on the horizon.

Good times, indeed.

1 minute ago, EclecticTiger said:

Aww shucks, y’all are going to make a fella blush. That’s quite the compliment. I appreciate it, and the company with whom I’m included! 

Also, mixing up my egg nog this weekend to lay down for aging before Christmas ?. Good times are indeed on the horizon.

Good times, indeed.

I didn't know that was a thing. Of course, I thought "mixing up egg nog" meant pouring a shot of bourbon in the grocery store stuff. 

We like to make a double batch of homemade Irish cream for the holidays and give half of it out as gifts to neighbors and such. 

11 minutes ago, EclecticTiger said:

Honored. 

In all seriousness, after lurking for so many years (I have to speak/call/write so much, and so frequently for work, reading about a subject I love written by like-minded individuals without the need to respond is refreshing) I feel like I know some of you. With that said, there are quite a few folks I’d relish the opportunity to meet and maybe have a drink, eg, yourself, @McLoofus, @AUsince72 (in a couple of months when you’re free and clear of all this, and can again imbibe), and @ShocksMyBrain, to name a few. 

I know this is a little out of place, but it’s my late best friend’s birthday, and maybe I’m a touch sentimental, but I’m just trying to say I appreciate good, intelligent, thoughtful, respectful people, with good taste, and a good sense of humor. 

War Damn!

I'm truly touched and honored to be considered in this good company :cheers:

I can't wait for the opportunity!

War Eagle!!!

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I didn't know that was a thing. Of course, I thought "mixing up egg nog" meant pouring a shot of bourbon in the grocery store stuff. 

We like to make a double batch of homemade Irish cream for the holidays and give half of it out as gifts to neighbors and such. 

It is, and it’s pretty damn tasty. My lady and I have a tradition of a Christmas/Holiday movie marathon including, Christmas Vacation, Elf, etc. all the while sipping on that thick, rich, boozy, Holiday nectar. Also, it’s a nice, mellow, incredibly happy buzz. In fact, it’s probably the “happiest buzz” I’ve ever had (from an alcoholic beverage, that is ?)!

I dig the homemade Irish Cream idea. I’ve made Limoncello a few times, as it’s easy, cheap, and delicious. 

If you’re down for a little recipe exchange, let me know. 

13 minutes ago, EclecticTiger said:

Honored. 

War Damn!

Be assured that the feeling is mutual, friend. 

And no, that is not at all out of place. I'll be sure to raise a glass to your friend tonight. And our mutual friends, as well. 

6 minutes ago, EclecticTiger said:

If you’re down for a little recipe exchange, let me know. 

INGREDIENTS:
1⅔ cups Irish whisky
1 cup half & half or heavy cream
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon instant coffee

DIRECTIONS:
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree on high speed for 30 seconds.
Transfer mixture to an airtight container or glass bottle with a tight-fitting lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. Shake well before using.

*Use the spirit of your choice, of course. I've been pondering rum and bourbon versions. And I've "accidentally" spilled a little more whisky than that in the blender, but the recommended measure will warm the pipes just fine. 

Slainte!

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

This thread's getting better by the minute....

Obviously I agree with this, also. 

All due respect to existing booze troves, this one got real fun real fast and hasn't slowed down. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

INGREDIENTS:
1⅔ cups Irish whisky
1 cup half & half or heavy cream
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon instant coffee

DIRECTIONS:
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree on high speed for 30 seconds.
Transfer mixture to an airtight container or glass bottle with a tight-fitting lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. Shake well before using.

*Use the spirit of your choice, of course. I've been pondering rum and bourbon versions. And I've "accidentally" spilled a little more whisky than that in the blender, but the recommended measure will warm the pipes just fine. 

Slainte!

Still have to pull the recipe, but I’ll send it via PM (there are secret ingredients) likely late weekend/early next week. 

Thanks for sharing! 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Obviously I agree with this, also. 

All due respect to existing booze troves, this one got real fun real fast and hasn't slowed down. 

Yessir. 

Also, I think we can count this as the only thread in the history of AUFamily (maybe even back to the ‘Eagle days) with 100+ replies, and not a single argument.

Maybe there’s hope for this country, yet...?

5 minutes ago, EclecticTiger said:

Still have to pull the recipe, but I’ll send it via PM (there are secret ingredients) likely late weekend/early next week. 

Thanks for sharing! 

Awesome! Can't wait. My wife will be excited, too, because she's on the wagon until late November. Also, we're starting to establish our own traditions for our immediate family and that is soooooooo up our alley. 

Who says never schedule a meeting late on a Friday???

sour deisel for the washington game and some kind of purple something or other for tomorrow night..................

Archived