Julien arrested

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/08/auburn_edouard_julien_arrested.html

crap

Auburn slugger Edouard Julien was arrested Friday night for public intoxication and criminal littering.

Julien was arrested by Auburn Police and admitted to the Lee County Detention Facility at 11:32 p.m. Friday on the two counts, each of which carried $500 bond, according to jail records. The City of Auburn did not immediately respond to a public records request by AL.com regarding Julien's arrest report.

A team spokesman did not immediately respond to AL.com when reached for comment Saturday morning.

In Alabama, public intoxication is a violation that carries a maximum of 30 days in jail $200 fine. Criminal littering is a Class C misdemeanor in the state and carries a minimum fine of $250.

Julien's court date is set for Nov. 1.

Julien, a native of Quebec, Canada, is coming off a Freshman All-America season in which he appeared in 62 games for Auburn, including 59 starts at designated hitter, right field and second base. He hit .275 with a team-high 17 home runs and 69 RBI, the latter of which broke Frank Thomas' freshman program record set in 1987. His 69 RBI also led all freshmen nationally, while his 17 homers were second in the country among freshmen and the most by an Auburn newcomer since 2000.

Too bad....but another case of "news" that would not be news if the incident did not involve a scholarship athlete. Assuming this is the first incident,  CBT will likely handle it and that should be the end of it.    Hope it is a learning experience. 

CBT kicked off Kyler Deese for the 2017 season after his public intoxication arrest, though Deese had past incidents, if we're looking at how CBT may handle the Julien situation. Not been a good offseason Auburn sophomores on the baseball team. Hopefully this doesn't affect Julien because odds are he has a student visa and arrests don't exactly help that.

I am sure CBT will handle this the right way and Julien will pay his dues and will keep his nose clean for the rest of his career at Auburn.

5 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Good Grief....just not very smart. I hope he behaves himself from now on. His potential is so great. I'd hate to see it derailed. 

Indeed....and from that mug shot he looks like he was what we called "polluted" back in the day.   Not something to keep and show to the grand kiddies.... 

31 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Indeed....and from that mug shot he looks like he was what we called "polluted" back in the day.   Not something to keep and show to the grand kiddies.... 

We called it "wasted" in the 80's ?

with sexual assaults and domestic abuse seen too often in college sports and sports in general i just cannot get mad at the young man.

Archived