Sign in to follow this  
PowerOfDixieland

Fall Baseball Roster

Recommended Posts

I've got some questions.....

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




What are your questions?  🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It always starts behind the plate defensively for me.  I didn't think Rojas was ever going to pan out and long term Williams is going to play RF professionally.  I guess Butch feels good about bringing in the JUCO guys (Scheffler and Hall) as it certainly worked last year  From what I can tell the Bearden kid is going to be a first baseman...I don't love trying to go with the multiple position guys back there.  I like the Dan McDonnell/Danny Hall approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was also a video that was linked with the roster...I haven't looked at it....

https://youtu.be/4qV0U9flWFE

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 8:31 AM, PowerOfDixieland said:

There was also a video that was linked with the roster...I haven't looked at it....

https://youtu.be/4qV0U9flWFE

I cannot say it enough.....CBT was such an outstanding hire. AU baseball is in a really good position with him at the helm. It's intriguing that AU has so many lefties. Can't wait to see how that works out. 3rd base sounds interesting too. Thanks for posting POD. Lots of good info.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we are going to be in for a very good treat with this baseball team. I cannot wait till the season starts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Burns taking Mize's old number. That a "passing of the torch" thing?

He has always been a 32 guy, but I like your thinking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 4:02 PM, Tigerbelle said:

I cannot say it enough.....CBT was such an outstanding hire.

CBT was the guy I wanted when we hired Pawloski, way back when. No telling if he was this ready then or not, but he's a fast learner so I think it wold have gone well. I thoroughly don't understand how we hired Golloway over CBT after Pawloski bombed out. That was just plain silly.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mikey said:

CBT was the guy I wanted when we hired Pawloski, way back when. No telling if he was this ready then or not, but he's a fast learner so I think it wold have gone well. I thoroughly don't understand how we hired Golloway over CBT after Pawloski bombed out. That was just plain silly.

I was not sold on CBT.  Glad I dont make decisions.  Pawlowski seemed as though he would be a good hire - he was not.  Jacobs went full lazy when he hired Golloway.  I think there was a sense that discipline was needed.  If Jacobs had done a simple google search, he would have known what kind of guy he was hiring.

 

as far as the lineup @PowerOfDixieland attached ... I know this is college baseball, but was surprised to have only 3 seniors.  That stands out to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, mustache eagle said:

I was not sold on CBT.  Glad I dont make decisions.  Pawlowski seemed as though he would be a good hire - he was not.  Jacobs went full lazy when he hired Golloway.  I think there was a sense that discipline was needed.  If Jacobs had done a simple google search, he would have known what kind of guy he was hiring.

 

as far as the lineup @PowerOfDixieland attached ... I know this is college baseball, but was surprised to have only 3 seniors.  That stands out to me.

I guess that's true but if you make hires based on what people say on the internet nobody would ever have hired Nick or Urban or  many other coaches.   SG had been successful, and that is what AU wanted....a proven coach with trips to the NCAA.....but just didn't realize that there is more to the job than W-Ls at some other school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this