Get On Board

War to the Eagle

Did anyone hear Roy Williams’ postgame interview after a loss last week ? When he said UNC stinks meaning himself as a HC and his team. He was pissed at himself, his team and it was absolutely KILLING him.  He took the blame and I know practice at UNC this week is going to be hell. I just thought I would give anything for Gus to have that type of fire and self accountability.  Before anyone brings up UNC cheating I’m not comparing compliance, I’m comparing COACHING. If you can find it online listen to it  

War Eagle

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, NCTiger1982 said:

Since when is a 10 win season a GREAT season ? We should consistently have 10/10+ win seasons if our fan base is serious about consistently being in the SECC/NC hunt ! Don’t give me history because Dye’s time with fewer games per season would have been in line. Our two biggest obstacles are severely lacking leadership which has come to the surface yet again (Gus retained) and too many in our fan base are satisfied with mediocrity and an occasional good season. Call bama dillisional, but while you’re at it add GA and LSU to the list and probably TAM now. It’s called program expectations. I would like to see us added to this list but our fan base can’t even come together to put pressure on our “leadership”   to grow a pair and take the steps necessary to make us a championship contender.  

War Eagle ! 

7 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Problem is, he didn't have a great season. He had a great 2 games. He lost 4 games last season. 1 we got dominated and did nothing offensively, 1 we gave up a 23 point comeback to the worst LSU team in years, 1 was the SEC championship, and 1 was to an AAC team in a New Year's six bowl. 

Complacency breeds failure. Maybe you're ok with Gus getting a win against Bama and UGA every 4 years. Maybe that's enough to keep you happy. But some of us want to see Auburn do bigger things. 

Bingo. You guys nailed it. In no way shape or form was last season a great season. 

We had a GOOD season. And that's where it ends. A division title will always net you "good". An SEC title at a minimum is needed to venture into "great" territory. 

Great seasons do not end in 4 losses unless you are Arkansas/the Mississippis, Vandy, Kentuckys of the world. Gus is leading us into their territory but we aren't there yet. 

22 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

I'm sick and tired of "let's fire Tommy;" of "let's fire Chizik;" of "let's fire Gus."

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Auburn is Auburn's own worst enemy. There is so much negativity festering. There has been so much, "get rid of Gus" one year after a great season. This guy's recruited well, hired well, taken us to a national championship, beaten Saban twice when no one's beaten Saban.

This was a brutal year: O-line devastated by departures, Stidham in his head, vicious schedule, fan base calling for his head, admin trying to pull a bullcrap move against him. Guy's playing against a stacked deck. 

He's apparently a stubborn, arrogant guy who refuses to change or adapt. But oh by the way, this O beat UGA and UAT last year. On top of which he's shown how committed he is to AU, donating $2 mil to the AD, staying here instead of jumping to his home state and dealing with this fairweather fandom.

I'm sick of this negativity, most of it from people hiding behind a message forum. Get on board, or get the &%$* out.

War Eagle. 

I am on board. On board with firing that incompetent clown we have as a President. That was the quite possibly the worst contract in the history of football in regards to a coach. The AU administration is a joke and the coach is a seven win 49 million dollar Waffle House king.

22 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

I'm sick and tired of "let's fire Tommy;" of "let's fire Chizik;" of "let's fire Gus."

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Auburn is Auburn's own worst enemy. There is so much negativity festering. There has been so much, "get rid of Gus" one year after a great season. This guy's recruited well, hired well, taken us to a national championship, beaten Saban twice when no one's beaten Saban.

This was a brutal year: O-line devastated by departures, Stidham in his head, vicious schedule, fan base calling for his head, admin trying to pull a bullcrap move against him. Guy's playing against a stacked deck. 

He's apparently a stubborn, arrogant guy who refuses to change or adapt. But oh by the way, this O beat UGA and UAT last year. On top of which he's shown how committed he is to AU, donating $2 mil to the AD, staying here instead of jumping to his home state and dealing with this fairweather fandom.

I'm sick of this negativity, most of it from people hiding behind a message forum. Get on board, or get the &%$* out.

War Eagle. 

Good grief.

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

This is what I don’t understand. Some people keep implying there is more to see from Malzahn...

You guys know he’s been around for 6 seasons already right? We know who he is and what he can and cannot do. There’s no more “give him time or a chance”. He SHOULD be out of time and chances.

We shouldn’t have to hope for Kelly Bryant. He didn’t recruit OL well enough. He mismanages talent worse than any coach I’ve ever seen. Stud players disappear for long streaks.

I think the “whiner haters” need to understand we support the players still. We support the university. Hell, some could argue those complaining care more about the university than anyone else.

We know we should be better. We know we could be better. But we know Gus isn’t the solution. 

This.

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Bingo. You guys nailed it. In no way shape or form was last season a great season. 

We had a GOOD season. And that's where it ends. A division title will always net you "good". An SEC title at a minimum is needed to venture into "great" territory. 

Great seasons do not end in 4 losses unless you are Arkansas/the Mississippis, Vandy, Kentuckys of the world. Gus is leading us into their territory but we aren't there yet. 

Oh I think we are there now. And some of our fanbase is clearly fine with it. 

19 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Screw all you negative guys... I refuse to quit on the Tiger Paws.

tigerpaws.jpg

Aubie gets all the girls!

1 hour ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Oh I think we are there now. And some of our fanbase is clearly fine with it. 

war to the eagle is their official spokesperson

30 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Aubie gets all the girls!

I say lets have Aubie as our new coach!

39 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

My mom looked just like Shirley Temple. When she was little, folks thought she was ST. Seriuosly folks!

8 hours ago, Zeek said:

This is what I don’t understand. Some people keep implying there is more to see from Malzahn...

You guys know he’s been around for 6 seasons already right? We know who he is and what he can and cannot do. There’s no more “give him time or a chance”. He SHOULD be out of time and chances.

We shouldn’t have to hope for Kelly Bryant. He didn’t recruit OL well enough. He mismanages talent worse than any coach I’ve ever seen. Stud players disappear for long streaks.

I think the “whiner haters” need to understand we support the players still. We support the university. Hell, some could argue those complaining care more about the university than anyone else.

We know we should be better. We know we could be better. But we know Gus isn’t the solution. 

I don't disagree with much of anything you said.  I wish we had paid the buyout and fired Gus.  But we didn't, and he's gonna be our coach next year.  Bummer.

I don't like it, but I'm gonna hope for the best and try to find things to look forward to.  Our O-line might surprise us.  And we might get Kelly Bryant and open things up with the RPO.  And hell, we might even get Hugh Freeze or Kendall Briles and be really good (CCL's departure has just been announced as I write this).

ATM I have hope, however misguided it might be.

This thread is ALMOST as entertaining as our Moon-a-pedia. Is that positive or negative? 

writing-a-personal-statement-i-dont-even-know-who-i-am-anymore.jpg

On 12/2/2018 at 7:52 PM, War to the Eagle said:

War Eagle. 

Do we have a shake your head wow

Emoticon?  I guess I'm just overreacting to Gus's ineptness. I mean after all we have good kickers. The future is truly bright.

Here's the deal:

One can love auburn/team and also be absolutely fed up with this head coach. The two aren't mutually exclusive. 

Also, separate Gus--the guy who donates money and really loves his job--from the job to win games. Gus is a great Auburn man, just not a great Auburn coach, IMO.

This isn't even to compare ourselves to other programs as much as it is to say that we have to be able to beat the teams we should. 

War Eagle always.

PS...Freeze is next OC.

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

Here's the deal:

One can love auburn/team and also be absolutely fed up with this head coach. The two aren't mutually exclusive. 

Also, separate Gus--the guy who donates money and really loves his job--from the job to win games. Gus is a great Auburn man, just not a great Auburn coach, IMO.

This isn't even to compare ourselves to other programs as much as it is to say that we have to be able to beat the teams we should. 

War Eagle always.

PS...Freeze is next OC.

Don’t toy with my heartstrings! 

1 minute ago, AidiAU said:

Don’t toy with my heartstrings! 

I know what you mean. I had a whole 24-48 hours where I was legitimately led to believe that Gus was Leaving for another program...so TIFWIW. 

8 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I love your passion 110%!  I hope for a good 2019 for the players and Auburn University. Who knows what will happen, but what will likely happen will be more of what we have seen for 6 seasons. I wonder if Gus knows deep down inside he is a dead  man walking and will go into season 7 knowing this. I am hoping for a good bowl game and a win no doubt for the players and the coaches that are giving it all they have even if it will likely be more of the same.

You can bet that Brohm will have a good game plan and one that will stretch our defense as much as it has been stretched all season. I am not sure if we will be favored in this game or not.  I did not graduate from Auburn, but love Auburn as fiercely as an graduate and maybe more. I have been an Auburn fan for 50 years (62 year old cuss here!). My first exposure to Auburn football came when I saw the game in 1968 where we beat MIami into submission.  I was hooked then and still am just as hooked. I graduated from another school than Auburn due to a scholarship, but call Auburn my school and will do so till the day I die. I envy you young guys and gals that have many seasons left to watch Auburn become great again. My hope is that the Good Lord will give me enough years to see Auburn once again at the top of the SEC. 

Feel assured that it is just a matter of time before this happens again. Keep the faith for the players and the school. Our players are the ones who deserve our support Gus or no Gus and they deserve to win and win big.

I am cut from the same bolt of cloth as you. I attended another university but my dad was a graduate of Auburn and me, my brother and yes, even my sister were indoctrinated into being Auburn fans.

I am 65 and I care about Auburn as much as if I went to school there. I do hate what is currently going on and I wish we could find that Coach who could  pull everyone together, fans and the PTB. Whow knows, maybe one day and hopefully, one day soon we will. Until then WDE.

On 12/2/2018 at 6:52 PM, War to the Eagle said:

War Eagle. 

image.png

1 more thing: the heart of the OP is correct, as I think Abw and doc4aday mentioned also...we all can give our 2 cents all day and be upset with our current situation, but at the very least we can be civil with each other, respectful of our different viewpoints, and ultimately life-giving in our speech/writing on this forum. 

War Eagle. 

On 12/2/2018 at 7:52 PM, War to the Eagle said:

But oh by the way, this O beat UGA and UAT last year. On top of which he's shown how committed he is to AU, donating $2 mil to the AD, staying here instead of jumping to his home state and dealing with this fairweather fandom.

War Eagle. 

Auburn hardly stands alone or near the top in doing this.

You ever check out a UGA or Bama forum after we beat them? People saying Saban has "lost it" and needs to name a successor, Calling Smart a horrible hire and one trick pony :lol:

It's the internet, people are gonna complain. I don't have confidence in Gus either, but our teams have won SEC championships before in spite of questionable coaching, and I'll hope they do it again next year. Not liking a hire or a non-fire and not liking Auburn university or it's football program are 2 very different things.

Archived