Get On Board

War to the Eagle

3 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

...of "let's fire Tommy;" of "let's fire Chizik;" of "let's fire Gus."

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Auburn is Auburn's own worst enemy. There is so much negativity festering. There has been so much, "get rid of Gus" one year after a great season. This guy's recruited well, hired well, taken us to a national championship, beaten Saban twice when no one's beaten Saban.

This was a brutal year: O-line devastated by departures, Stidham in his head, vicious schedule, fan base calling for his head, admin trying to pull a bullcrap move against him. Guy's playing against a stacked deck. 

He's apparently a stubborn, arrogant guy who refuses to change or adapt. But oh by the way, this O beat UGA and UAT last year. On top of which he's shown how committed he is to AU, donating $2 mil to the AD, staying here instead of jumping to his home state and dealing with this fairweather fandom.

I'm sick of this negativity, most of it from people hiding behind a message forum. Get on board or get the &%$* out.

War Eagle. 

Some serious stones posting this here...There is always a silver lining so I agree.....anyway Good post, good luck and buckle up. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem is, he didn't have a great season. He had a great 2 games. He lost 4 games last season. 1 we got dominated and did nothing offensively, 1 we gave up a 23 point comeback to the worst LSU team in years, 1 was the SEC championship, and 1 was to an AAC team in a New Year's six bowl. 

Complacency breeds failure. Maybe you're ok with Gus getting a win against Bama and UGA every 4 years. Maybe that's enough to keep you happy. But some of us want to see Auburn do bigger things. 

You people complaining about people being frustrated by incompetence are now more annoying than the constant whiners. 

But carry on...

11 hours ago, autigeremt said:

If I wanted to ride a roller coaster I’d go to Six Flags.

I will support my brothers on the field but the HC has lost my backing. He’s on his own. 

Same. If that pisses in your wheaties so be it. 

I do understand where @War to the Eagle is coming from.  I do not mind the criticism as some of it is warranted.  What does become tiresome is when the same posts are repeated over and over.  Yes we got it the first time you said it.  Or even better, when some posters create threads (not posts, but threads) every few hours saying the exact same thing in each thread.  All that does is create more work for the mods to merge everything.

What does really frustrate me are the posters that only come around when the times are bad.  When we win they are no where to be seen.  All it shows is you being a troll when you do that.  If you are on the forum year round and critique the program that is completely fine, as you contribute through all seasons of Auburn football.  Off my soapbox.  Have a good week all.

9 hours ago, jared52 said:

If Gus wasn’t the $7mil man, his failures would be easier to deal with. Leath made AU look silly giving him a huge buyout and salary like he did. 

I guess  7 mill doesn't go as far as it used to, it only get you a 7-5 coach now days.

You were ok with that absolute nuclear dumpster fire in 2012? I stopped reading right there.

ok you are sick of fire Coach 'insert name'. That's fine we have moved on to FIRE LEATH!!!

Since when is a 10 win season a GREAT season ? We should consistently have 10/10+ win seasons if our fan base is serious about consistently being in the SECC/NC hunt ! Don’t give me history because Dye’s time with fewer games per season would have been in line. Our two biggest obstacles are severely lacking leadership which has come to the surface yet again (Gus retained) and too many in our fan base are satisfied with mediocrity and an occasional good season. Call bama dillisional, but while you’re at it add GA and LSU to the list and probably TAM now. It’s called program expectations. I would like to see us added to this list but our fan base can’t even come together to put pressure on our “leadership”   to grow a pair and take the steps necessary to make us a championship contender.  

War Eagle ! 

13 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Get on board, or get the &%$* out.

On board with the team & players, not Gus or the inept AU leadership that kept him just because they are friends with him. That's the ABA of all ABA moves.

14 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

I'm sick and tired of "let's fire Tommy;" of "let's fire Chizik;" of "let's fire Gus."

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Auburn is Auburn's own worst enemy. There is so much negativity festering. There has been so much, "get rid of Gus" one year after a great season. This guy's recruited well, hired well, taken us to a national championship, beaten Saban twice when no one's beaten Saban.

This was a brutal year: O-line devastated by departures, Stidham in his head, vicious schedule, fan base calling for his head, admin trying to pull a bullcrap move against him. Guy's playing against a stacked deck. 

He's apparently a stubborn, arrogant guy who refuses to change or adapt. But oh by the way, this O beat UGA and UAT last year. On top of which he's shown how committed he is to AU, donating $2 mil to the AD, staying here instead of jumping to his home state and dealing with this fairweather fandom.

I'm sick of this negativity, most of it from people hiding behind a message forum. Get on board, or get the &%$* out.

War Eagle. 

Wow. Have to be honest here, I stopped reading at O-line devastated by departures. I mean Wow. 

I love Auburn and always want to be supportive good or bad. No matter his good qualities you have to acknowledge Gus’ shortcomings and decide if mediocrity is what we want to accept....because that’s what we are going to get with Gus. As has been said, you are what your record says you are and Gus’ record screams “mediocre”. I wouldn’t expect a lot of enthusiasm or positivity from most of the fan base as long as Gus is at the helm.

If we didn't have ridiculous money backing him, Gus would already be gone. He isn't being kept around because he's a great coach or that he's showing progress toward something better or that he's particularly loved by his coaches, players or the fans. He's still here because our President and one rich booster made one of the stupidest management decisions in Auburn history. 

Auburn fans are on board with the team, but they're not happy. If the message is repetitive, it's a reflection on how absurd and insulting the entire situation is. 

I'm sick of all the negativity here too, but I just ignore it and move on. A lot of it is warranted. Some of it is ridiculous. But it's really just tiresome to read the same things week after week, so I get your frustration.

It wouldn't be so bad on here if we hadn't given Gus such a ludicrous contract. Gus will be Gus. But now we're stuck with it and that's infuriating to the masses.

Always going to be here supporting my Tigers though. War Eagle. :)

12 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I support Auburn. 

Also, it is possible to be both supportive AND critical. In fact, too many parents do the former and not the latter and end up raising thankless, disrespectful heathens.

15 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I mostly agree with the OP.  Let's see what Gus can do with an excellent returning young core, an improving O-line, and Kelly Bryant (hopefully).  We've got some freshmen that may have an early positive impact as well.

With Siposs and a hopefully improved Anders Carlson, our kicking game could be very good.

OK, I'm bracing for my beatings...

This is what I don’t understand. Some people keep implying there is more to see from Malzahn...

You guys know he’s been around for 6 seasons already right? We know who he is and what he can and cannot do. There’s no more “give him time or a chance”. He SHOULD be out of time and chances.

We shouldn’t have to hope for Kelly Bryant. He didn’t recruit OL well enough. He mismanages talent worse than any coach I’ve ever seen. Stud players disappear for long streaks.

I think the “whiner haters” need to understand we support the players still. We support the university. Hell, some could argue those complaining care more about the university than anyone else.

We know we should be better. We know we could be better. But we know Gus isn’t the solution. 

52 minutes ago, Zeek said:

This is what I don’t understand. Some people keep implying there is more to see from Malzahn...

You guys know he’s been around for 6 seasons already right? We know who he is and what he can and cannot do. There’s no more “give him time or a chance”. He SHOULD be out of time and chances.

We shouldn’t have to hope for Kelly Bryant. He didn’t recruit OL well enough. He mismanages talent worse than any coach I’ve ever seen. Stud players disappear for long streaks.

I think the “whiner haters” need to understand we support the players still. We support the university. Hell, some could argue those complaining care more about the university than anyone else.

We know we should be better. We know we could be better. But we know Gus isn’t the solution. 

I love your passion 110%!  I hope for a good 2019 for the players and Auburn University. Who knows what will happen, but what will likely happen will be more of what we have seen for 6 seasons. I wonder if Gus knows deep down inside he is a dead  man walking and will go into season 7 knowing this. I am hoping for a good bowl game and a win no doubt for the players and the coaches that are giving it all they have even if it will likely be more of the same.

You can bet that Brohm will have a good game plan and one that will stretch our defense as much as it has been stretched all season. I am not sure if we will be favored in this game or not.  I did not graduate from Auburn, but love Auburn as fiercely as an graduate and maybe more. I have been an Auburn fan for 50 years (62 year old cuss here!). My first exposure to Auburn football came when I saw the game in 1968 where we beat MIami into submission.  I was hooked then and still am just as hooked. I graduated from another school than Auburn due to a scholarship, but call Auburn my school and will do so till the day I die. I envy you young guys and gals that have many seasons left to watch Auburn become great again. My hope is that the Good Lord will give me enough years to see Auburn once again at the top of the SEC. 

Feel assured that it is just a matter of time before this happens again. Keep the faith for the players and the school. Our players are the ones who deserve our support Gus or no Gus and they deserve to win and win big.

2 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Also, it is possible to be both supportive AND critical. In fact, too many parents do the former and not the latter and end up raising thankless, disrespectful heathens.

I think there is a certain way to go about it though.  Not being critical of your post as you know I have supported your standpoints before.  You are correct, you can be supportive and critical.  But when being critical, constructive criticism is the way to go.  Be stern, but not offensive.  Some posters on here are very negative towards the posters for instance, which in turn make people defensive, and nothing gets accomplished.

For me personally, one thing that upset me we some people really went too personal with the name calling for Gus.  Some started saying Gus had special needs of a certain kind that I will not mention specifically the spectrum about a month back.  One of them I respected so much on this forum, and his/her reputation with me really took a hit because of it because it was out of character for him/her.  For those of us that know and have family members with special needs, it is very offensive using derogatory language like that.  It is the same when people say he is "retarded."

I hope what I said made some sense.

I am ready for Christmas and time with family.  Sir Maxwell will not let me put reindeer antlers on his stubborn and grumpy little head. We need to do something fun and start a thread with those who own pets to post pictures of our best furry friends. Sir Maxwell runs and hides at any hint of taking his pic. I say we appoint Sir Maxwell as the dog that won the day for Auburn football! 

Listening to Packers President and GM.   The talent is in the locker room, we believe in that talent, it was not showing it on the field.  So we needed to make a change because he wasn't  getting his job done.............hmmmmmmmm

19 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

I'm sick and tired of "let's fire Tommy;" of "let's fire Chizik;" of "let's fire Gus."

I'm sick of this negativity, most of it from people hiding behind a message forum. Get on board, or get the &%$* out.

War Eagle. 

This is why we can't have nice things.

23 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Listening to Packers President and GM.   The talent is in the locker room, we believe in that talent, it was not showing it on the field.  So we needed to make a change because he wasn't  getting his job done.............hmmmmmmmm

Yeah. You lose to the stinking Cardinals with an all time great at QB in Aaron Rogers you deserve to be fired.

47 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Related image

Ok. This gif just reinforced something I've been thinking for a while. We need a wow emojicon like facebook has. None of our other emojicons is a good reaction to this gif.

It's a tale-tell sign of Gus Derangement Syndrome that if one poster is not 100% on the "fire Gus yesterday" train, that for some reason that person is just accepting of mediocrity.

Archived