Purdue Game Report Card

StatTiger

Had a blast. Sat next to a couple of great Auburn fans in Section 111, Row G, seats 23 and 24. If it was you, we enjoyed it. War Eagle.!

Purdue had a strong showing in the stands and downtown. Most of them stayed well into the 4th Qtr.  Most were very respectful.  Hats off to 'em.

• Like 3

Stat, were you counting the last possession on your point #7, Red Zone Scoring?  Taking a knee inside the 1 yard line shouldn't count should it? 

• Like 2

That, my friends is how you win a ball game!  You hit the opponent in the mouth so often and so hard that you destroy their will to win.  

I cant help but wonder how these last few seasons may have turned out had Gus taken it to FSU in the BCS game the way that he did to Pudue today.   

A +++

Edited by gctiger
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, gctiger said:

That, my friends is how you win a ball game!  You hit the opponent in the mouth so often and so hard that you destroy their will to win.  

I cant help but wonder how these last few seasons may have turned out had Gus taken it to FSU in the BCS game the way that he did to Pudue today.   

A +++

Good point but Purdue was a far cry from FSU....but it always helps to get off to a good start and keep pushing...

• Like 2

• RunInRed pinned and featured this topic
51 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

out of "likes"...but thanks for posting this.....and a message worth respecting.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Had a blast. Sat next to a couple of great Auburn fans in Section 111, Row G, seats 23 and 24. If it was you, we enjoyed it. War Eagle.!

Purdue had a strong showing in the stands and downtown. Most of them stayed well into the 4th Qtr.  Most were very respectful.  Hats off to 'em.

I agree. Purdue had as many or more fans than Auburn and they were all nice folks. Enjoyed talking with several of them.

Stat, you may have the numbers on this, but I mentioned this in the game thread.  It seemed to me we threw the ball deep more in the first half yesterday than we did in the last 5-6 games of the season combined.   Could be a false perception but I don't recall us trying to stretch the field that much like we did yesterday.

23 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Stat, you may have the numbers on this, but I mentioned this in the game thread.  It seemed to me we threw the ball deep more in the first half yesterday than we did in the last 5-6 games of the season combined.   Could be a false perception but I don't recall us trying to stretch the field that much like we did yesterday.

My guess is the coaches saw on film that Purdue's secondary was nowhere near as good as the SEC teams we play. How that team destroyed a very good tOSU is a mystery.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2018 at 9:27 AM, shabby said:

that surprised me that we only ran 4 yards per carry. I felt like the running game was working really well. 

Think maybe stats suffered when AU went to the slowdown late in the game.....but overall it seemed the running game was not bad when it mattered.

• Like 1

I didn't get to watch the game because of work, but I am always glad to hear win AU wins.  My hat is off to the players, great ending and effort. I am still not hopeful about next season, we will be losing players but keeping the same coach.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 2:00 PM, Eagleclaw said:

I didn't get to watch the game because of work, but I am always glad to hear win AU wins.  My hat is off to the players, great ending and effort. I am still not hopeful about next season, we will be losing players but keeping the same coach.

Whats not to be hopeful about.  Stidham is gone.  Between Willis, Gatewood, and Nix Gus will have us a stud quarterback right? Right? I mean, Gus isn't desperately trying to secure a transfer QB because he has never, I repeat NEVER EVER NEVER, developed a single high school QB and  knows that we cannot win with the QBs he has on hand.