Men vs. Missouri - SEC Tournament

tgrogan21

28 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I have railed on BP all year about his substitutions and lack of using time outs during runs. And the only reason I would play Wiley is because of what I said - the other guys fouled out (I think) last time against this team and we would need someone to stand there. 

And I have no idea what this has to do with Gus. 

often CBP will let the game keep going because he wants to encourage the up-tempo to continue and let us go on a run of our own. Doesn't want to slow the game with timeouts. WIth the experience we have on the floor, I'm generally good with him letting them go, but at times a reset is needed. 

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I have railed on BP all year about his substitutions and lack of using time outs during runs. And the only reason I would play Wiley is because of what I said - the other guys fouled out (I think) last time against this team and we would need someone to stand there. 

And I have no idea what this has to do with Gus. 

It's about AU fans on this site....but I'm pretty sure you are smart enough to figure that out.... 

44 minutes ago, gravejd said:

when Pearl puts in a guy who can barely walk or shoot (equivalent to throwing a football) then i expect you'll see people complain. 

Guess you did not notice that AW was out there playing a week ago when he could barely get off the floor ...not even able to dunk.     As I said before, there is no reason for AW to play...risk further injury and JMO, but disrupts the team when he can barely jump or defend. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Strange to me that people on this site will rake Gus over the coals for weeks if he plays a guy who is less than 100% yet here we are hoping that AW can get into the game today or this week....knowing that he is much less than 100% and likely as not will negatively affect the flow of play by the rest of the team, not to mention that he could re-injure himself.    JMO but AW has nothing to gain by playing and not worth the risk. .   

Apples and oranges

as long as wiley can’t injure himself he might can provide some positive minutes.  Only CBP knows.

5 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Only CBP knows.

JMO but nobody knows in advance.....so it's up to CBP to decide whether to take the chance ….or not..... because there seems to be no doubt that AW is not 100%.

23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Guess you did not notice that AW was out there playing a week ago when he could barely get off the floor ...not even able to dunk.     As I said before, there is no reason for AW to play...risk further injury and JMO, but disrupts the team when he can barely jump or defend. 

I did miss that. /derail

Well depending on the opponent his size alone can be a great benefit. His making one sometimes two guys to block him helps other guys particularly the 4. His length changes shots, that helps. There's a bunch that Wiley does that benefits the team but people don't want to see it. I remember people being hard on cinemon Bowers the same way though so at least it's not personal, just don't like big men

Archived