Is 58 too old to cry over a game?

CleCoTiger

I sometimes catch grief on the football forum for saying after losses that "It's only a game." And ya know, it is only a game. But...

At age 58 I still love Auburn and the outcomes of these contests are still important to me. Tonight's loss stung in a way I can't say that I expected.  And I did shed tears. But those tears were more for the players and for the coaches than for the game. To have their hearts ripped out like that...I just don't have the words.

It's GREAT to be an Auburn Tiger., WAR DAMN EAGLE!

If anyone knows when this team will be returning to Auburn, let me know.  I want to be there.  I want them to know that Auburn people care.

I wish I had shed tears but mainly just groused. Had to take a sleep aid!

i'm crushed this morning....all because of 3 bastards too lazy to do a real job and then can't even do this one right.....there is no foul if the double dribble is called....its why i am disgusted by officials and am 100% behind actions to vet and polygraph all officials on a regular basis....the guy that called the foul , james breeding is contracted to the ACC and calls their games....he should have never been there

that interview NOW makes me want to cry and I am over 65.

Brown epitomizes the athlete that has raw ability as a high school player, but hasn't learned the physical and mental skills to become a great player yet so he is not a highly recruited player. He comes to Auburn and we see over 4 years such improvement each and every year, and becomes a great college player and and even better...a beloved Auburn Man! 

In due time...retire #2's jersey I say.

3 hours ago, doverstutts said:

i'm crushed this morning....all because of 3 bastards too lazy to do a real job and then can't even do this one right.....there is no foul if the double dribble is called....its why i am disgusted by officials and am 100% behind actions to vet and polygraph all officials on a regular basis....the guy that called the foul , james breeding is contracted to the ACC and calls their games....he should have never been there

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No dude, I shed some in the arena last night. I am really proud of our players response and Bruce Pearl on how blessed they were. God will take care of all that other and future stuff. Great witness by Pearl, I probably would have said something explosive.

Archived