2021 4* DT Lee Hunter Commits to AU!

ellitor

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

It is a bit disturbing. Why bother to send out such a statement?

I mean it's just stating the obvious since he was taking visits & is taking virtual visits to other places.

To be honest at some positions it is hard for us to land top talent as we don't consistently put players in the Pro's that is not the case with D-Line with Coach Garner we are landing top talent and putting them in the Pro's we just had a 1st rounder and a second rounder in this years draft. We sell the family vibe and in D-Line we sell the Family vibe and putting you into the NFL. We may end up with three in NFL this year. Coe even though he didn't get drafted his talent will give him a shot. If he puts in the effort he did last year he could make a team. Part of the problem this year with Coe was he never found the position that could let him excel and because of that I believe he did not put in the effort he had the year before. That said putting 2 or 3 guys in the NFL this year will make keeping Hunter easier. Plus I trust Garner.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 7:54 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

Coe even though he didn't get drafted his talent will give him a shot. If he puts in the effort he did last year he could make a team. Part of the problem this year with Coe was he never found the position that could let him excel and because of that I believe he did not put in the effort he had the year before.

It will be interesting to see how he does in New England. Probably isn't a more polar opposite environment in the NFL to Gus's Auburn program. So even though it's counterintuitive in a lot of ways- he doesn't seem like a self-motivated football player in the way that Marlon and Derrick are, and Belichick *loves* versatility in his players- maybe he'll flourish there.

You're totally right, though. Auburn is 100% a place where a DL can go and expect to have every opportunity for a fat rookie contract. 

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I wonder if Lee will sign with Auburn in Dec. or in Feb. The sooner the better.

E has hinted that there may not be an early signing period this year because of Covid - 19. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

I wonder if Lee will sign with Auburn in Dec. or in Feb. The sooner the better.

Didn't he sign last year?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Didn't he sign last year?

We haven’t had signing day yet so he can’t. Are you getting committed and signed mixed up?

5 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

We haven’t had signing day yet so he can’t. Are you getting committed and signed mixed up?

tenor.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

johnkruk.gif?w=1000

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Hunter just had a 40 spot drop by 247.

just curious to my ignorant eyes.....how does one recruit drop (or move up for that matter) 40 spots when no practice, games, or injuries occured?

14 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

just curious to my ignorant eyes.....how does one recruit drop (or move up for that matter) 40 spots when no practice, games, or injuries occured?

Analysts are still doing more & deeper film study. Also with every new ranking comes them seeing a whole new batch of recruits or ones they haven't seen much.

• 2 months later...

Bump. Jason Caldwell wenr down to see Lee practice. He said Lee looked like a beast & he was so much better than when he saw him last year. Much better shape and it showed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

😳 wow

22 hours ago, Sizzle said:

He has to make his own decisions, but I don't see this as a positive development.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He has to make his own decisions, but I don't see this as a positive development.

We are all just SHOCKED by this development that you have this take..... lol

das.gif

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What’s negative about it? The team is already missing games because of covid 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I'd prefer that he sticks it out and plays if/when his team plays. It's not a huge deal, but that's my personal preference.

Edited by Mikey

15 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

& he has a child to think about. I hope most of our biggest recruiting fans know by now that Big Lee is a father. He's got to make what he feels is the best decision for his kid.

• Thanks 4