An Argument for Impeachment That Hasn't Gotten Much Discussion

homersapien

18 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

That's fine.  Lots of towns that I don't like too.  But your assessment of the people is very different from reality.

Interesting statement.  Why do you not like certain towns?  The structure of the streets, perhaps?  No?  Or could it be the people that create the town’s perception? Such virtue signaling is pathetic, love the holier than thou attitude you guys come up with.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Interesting statement.  Why do you not like certain towns?  The structure of the streets, perhaps?  No?  Or could it be the people that create the town’s perception? Such virtue signaling is pathetic, love the holier than thou attitude you guys come up with.

Not the people at all, but thanks for assuming such things oh wise one.  Travel enough and you realize there are cool people and also douchebags everywhere.

But if you want an example, I can't stand Atlanta.  Don't like the way the city is laid out.  However, some of my best friends live there.  For my style, the city doesn't offer me things that I would want and I find the place to kind of boring.  Not mention that it's a pretty unwalkable city because it's so spread out.  I place a high priority on walk-ability.

Much the same could be said for L.A.  Just dislike the general layout of that city with a passion and the severe lack of quick public transportation hurts it even more for me.

24 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

thanks for assuming such things oh wise one

If I assumed I would not have asked the questions so you could give your wise a$$ opinion instead of assuming anything.  Thanks for playing.

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If I assumed I would not have asked the questions so you could give your wise a$$ opinion instead of assuming anything.  Thanks for playing.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Such virtue signaling is pathetic, love the holier than thou attitude you guys come up with.

Yup, you didn't assume anything at all 🙄

All the Russian interference talk...what specifically did they do?  Some facebook ads  that Mueller specifically said he can't tie to the Russian government?  The hack of the DNC server that Mueller specifically said he doesn't know if the Russians were behind it?  What, really?

43 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

All the Russian interference talk...what specifically did they do?  Some facebook ads  that Mueller specifically said he can't tie to the Russian government?  The hack of the DNC server that Mueller specifically said he doesn't know if the Russians were behind it?  What, really?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections

https://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/national/read-the-declassified-report-on-russian-interference-in-the-us-election/2433/

https://time.com/5565991/russia-influence-2016-election/

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/10/01/how-russia-helped-to-swing-the-election-for-trump

On and on  about the troll farms.  Mueller specifically can't link them to the Russian government, and does anybody think they had a material effect anyway, except for the New Yorker?  So we are back to troll farms and the server hack, both not linked to the Russian government.  Give me a couple of specifics from your articles that you think had a real influence.

On 8/9/2019 at 8:46 AM, homersapien said:

Yeah, and it reflected his inherent racism.  And he lied about that too:

No it did not Brother Homer. You guys have zeroed  in on the racism when Russia failed and you know it. 

Why can’t they just admit that despite all Trumps negative press, he just out worked her and took his message to more places than she did.  He beat her. All those articles just said a lot of “could have might have maybe did”. Mostly serves to allow liberals and democrats to tell themselves that they didn’t just get beat. It was somebody else’s fault. Oh yeah and Trumps is a racist.

Russians, Russians, Russians...(okay, maybe $1.5M dollars worth, but HRC outspent DJT by $500M...so what?)
Hacking, Hacking, Hacking...
Collusion, Collusion, Collusion...
Impeachment, Impeachment, Impeachment...
Racism, Racism, Racism....
Balh, Blah, Blah...

We need to start talking issues and solving problems or DJT could win again. 
The American People are bored to tears with the neverending screeching about so far unproven, unidicted, uncharged crapola.

20 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

On and on  about the troll farms.  Mueller specifically can't link them to the Russian government, and does anybody think they had a material effect anyway, except for the New Yorker?  So we are back to troll farms and the server hack, both not linked to the Russian government.  Give me a couple of specifics from your articles that you think had a real influence.

Then why won't Trump 1) just admit they tried to influence our election and 2)why doesn't he make a commitment to preventing it in the next one?

Those are the points I am discussing in this thread.

No one can tell if they made a difference or not, but the election swung on less than 80k votes, so the possibility is real.

It's a sad day for our country when so many people - including the POTUS - simply ignore election interference by a hostile country because it worked in their political favor.  That's partisanship carried to a very unhealthy and unpatriotic extreme.

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

Then why won't Trump 1) just admit they tried to influence our election and 2)why doesn't he make a commitment to preventing it in the next one?

Those are the points I am discussing in this thread.

No one can tell if they made a difference or not, but the election swung on less than 80k votes, so the possibility is real.

It's a sad day for our country when so many people - including the POTUS - simply ignore election interference by a hostile country because it worked in their political favor.  That's partisanship carried to a very unhealthy and unpatriotic extreme.

Yes Homer, we CAN tell if Russians made a difference. They didn’t.  Possibility not real. Nobody gets their voting information from Facebook. Nobody. Seriously if that’s your information stream then please DO NOT VOTE.

Trump doesn’t own FB so maybe Zuckerberg could take care of preventing Russians from playing instead of censoring conservatives because they are...conservatives.

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Yes Homer, we CAN tell if Russians made a difference. They didn’t.  Possibility not real. Nobody gets their voting information from Facebook. Nobody. Seriously if that’s your information stream then please DO NOT VOTE.

Trump doesn’t own FB so maybe Zuckerberg could take care of preventing Russians from playing instead of censoring conservatives because they are...conservatives.

I think you underestimate how many stupid people there are in our electorate and will believe anything they see on the internet.

So Trump’s a moron who wastes money? Btw, I’m not sure you understand censorship:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/05/trump-internet-facebook-ads-racism-immigrant-invasion

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

So Trump’s a moron who wastes money? Btw, I’m not sure you understand censorship:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/05/trump-internet-facebook-ads-racism-immigrant-invasion

Are you denying that numerous conservative sites and posts are taken down by FB “monitors”. I see them all the time.  This article rambles on about the word invasion. It IS an invasion.  Also it displays uses of the word invasion since Jan ‘18. Hardly affected the 2016 election.  I guess I assumed the electorate was a little smarter than you do.  

It’s becoming more clear now. The democrats are angry because the Russians figured out how to cheat better than they did, and used it against them. Now I get it!

Are you denying that numerous conservative sites and posts are taken down by FB “monitors”. I see them all the time.  This article rambles on about the word invasion. It IS an invasion.  Also it displays uses of the word invasion since Jan ‘18. Hardly affected the 2016 election.  I guess I assumed the electorate was a little smarter than you do.  

It’s becoming more clear now. The democrats are angry because the Russians figured out how to cheat better than they did, and used it against them. Now I get it!

You cheer for Russians over fellow Americans. I get it!

You say no one gets voter info from FB. Trump relies on it with ad buys— smart? Dumb? Censored? Hardly. They take his money and run his hateful ads.

On 8/10/2019 at 11:50 AM, Brad_ATX said:

Not the people at all, but thanks for assuming such things oh wise one.  Travel enough and you realize there are cool people and also douchebags everywhere.

But if you want an example, I can't stand Atlanta.  Don't like the way the city is laid out.  However, some of my best friends live there.  For my style, the city doesn't offer me things that I would want and I find the place to kind of boring.  Not mention that it's a pretty unwalkable city because it's so spread out.  I place a high priority on walk-ability.

Much the same could be said for L.A.  Just dislike the general layout of that city with a passion and the severe lack of quick public transportation hurts it even more for me.

I *hated* visiting Atlanta. Then *loved* living there. But the difficulty of getting around was a constant weight on everyone's shoulders and a constant topic of conversation. That's why we prioritized living in a neighborhood that had everything we liked/needed and that was adjacent to other neighborhoods that had nice things. Could never ever ever live in the ATL suburbs. 

I'm still laughing at "typical New Yorker". Haha, what a stupid thing to say. One of the most populous and diverse cities on the planet, but one jackass rich guy represents them all. How ignorant and embarrassing of a thing to say. Gotta love people who form a world view from their living room. 

12 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

No, you cannot demonstrate they did - or didn't - make a difference.

There is no way to determine how many votes they may have influenced.

And while I don't do facebook, I recognize it's power.  To say "nobody" gets political information from facebook is obviously not realistic.  And facebook is not the only venue they operated in.

On 8/10/2019 at 11:50 AM, Brad_ATX said:

I loved LA hated San Fran. Had two companies, Bergen Brunwigs and McKesson Drug, I worked for........... corporate HQ located in each

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I loved LA hated San Fran. Had two companies, Bergen Brunwigs and McKesson Drug, I worked for........... corporate HQ located in each

I've actually never been to San Fran.  Definitely going out there for the Cal game in a few years though.  Gonna play Pebble on that trip too.

39 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I've actually never been to San Fran.  Definitely going out there for the Cal game in a few years though.  Gonna play Pebble on that trip too.

Gotta play PB for sure and if you can play Skyglass..........I really loved Skyglass

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

San Fran is another city that I love to visit but could never live in. And not just because I could never afford to live there, lol. 

On 8/12/2019 at 6:50 PM, Brad_ATX said:

Just recently finished a west coast trip (LA to Medford). In my opinion, Monterey was by far the coolest place. You will have to visit the old canning company buildings when you're out there. Also visit Carmel.

And for all that is good and just, you must eat some local chowder - washed down with a cold bloody mary.

4 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Just recently finished a west coast trip (LA to Medford). In my opinion, Monterey was by far the coolest place. You will have to visit the old canning company buildings when you're out there. Also visit Carmel.

And for all that is good and just, you must eat some local chowder - washed down with a cold bloody mary.

Completely agree

7 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

All I said was "Congress should move on and do something productive." That's snarky and not serious? Whatever, it's a great time to be in Montana away from a computer most of the time:jossun:

Um, wasn't this all addressed two weeks ago in this very thread?  Seriously Sue, move on.

Archived