biggest concern for the first game?

gr82b4au

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

Would you rather see a bubble screen, statue of liberty, or sugar huddle?

You know how I feel about the bubble screen, I ain't visiting New York ever ( Sarcasm ), so I guess I would take the deeply deceptive , confusion causing, trickeration known as the sugar huddle. 🙂

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

You know how I feel about the bubble screen, I ain't visiting New York ever ( Sarcasm ), so I guess I would take the deeply deceptive , confusion causing, trickeration known as the sugar huddle. 🙂

Sugar huddle sounds too sweet! 😝We need to change it to the “Hotsauce Huddle “ , or “Cayenne Cuddle”, or something more sinister. No defense is gonna start quaking when they see the Sugar huddle!

10 minutes ago, toddc said:

Sugar huddle sounds too sweet! 😝We need to change it to the “Hotsauce Huddle “ , or “Cayenne Cuddle”, or something more sinister. No defense is gonna start quaking when they see the Sugar huddle!

TBH we might as well call it the "Quick pitch to the RB" huddle

1 minute ago, toddc said:

I agree but it ain't happening.  I watched Gus in an interview on Marty and whatever on the SECN.  They asked him what song had the most impact on his life.  He said Panorama by the Cars.  I did not think I had ever heard it and had to quickly look it up to see what was life impacting about the song.  I apologize in advance to anyone that can listen to the whole song but damn.  That is truly the worst song ever.  Only Gus would say that this song had the biggest impact in his life.  The guy is mega dork.  The biggest impact that song would have had for me was to turn the radio off.

I say all of that to simply state that we should not expect any kind of cool moniker for anything in this offense lol. 

4 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I agree but it ain't happening.  I watched Gus in an interview on Marty and whatever on the SECN.  They asked him what song had the most impact on his life.  He said Panorama by the Cars.  I did not think I had ever heard it and had to quickly look it up to see what was life impacting about the song.  I apologize in advance to anyone that can listen to the whole song but damn.  That is truly the worst song ever.  Only Gus would say that this song had the biggest impact in his life.  The guy is mega dork.  The biggest impact that song would have had for me was to turn the radio off.

I say all of that to simply state that we should not expect any kind of cool moniker for anything in this offense lol. 

Holy cow you weren't kidding. My ears are bleeding.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Holy cow you weren't kidding. My ears are bleeding.

I told you.  That song is awful.  I'd rather have 3 wives than be forced to listen to that.

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

I listened to the Cars years ago, but don’t remember that song. Their first album was the best by leaps and bounds, and I hated the third one which is where this song was!

4 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Umm

Is Hey Jude dorkish? Asking for a friend.

If think this game could be the turning point in Gus' career. If Auburn wins going away, well, then what did you expect with a PAC team facing an SEC team. If the offense implodes, then Gus looks like an idiot when he has had the entire off-season to prepare. It could kill the offenses confidence and be downhill from here on out, especially in conference play. Gus is putting a ton of pressure on an 18-year-old QB to deliver right out the chute. I don't think Oregon is elite, but Hebert can pick the defense apart if the Oregon's OL negates Auburn's DL and Gus tries his best to give the game away like he did against LSU.

42 minutes ago, subterranean_jack said:

an 18-year-old QB

Per another thread, I believe it was established that Bo is already 19 and a couple of months older than Gatewood.  May not matter, but I'm glad he isn't 18.

15 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Umm

The Wilson Pickett (Prattville's native son) version (recorded in Muscle Shoals) is straight fire. It gave birth to Duane Allman and, well, HAPPY FRIDAY ONE MORE DAY FAM

O-line is by far my biggest concern.  Our line has not been at an acceptable level for years. Both run amd pass blocking need to improve, esp. pass blocking. I won't get into all my pass blocking concerns because I could write a dissertation on it. Another scary thing is that our line is filled with a bunch of upper classmen, what does that say for the next few years lines if our young guys can't push our upper classmen and our upper classmen can't block at a SEC level.

21 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Umm

Nothing wrong with Hey Jude.  :party:

21 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Umm

Well.....there WAS that ONE time...

b7a6a970-7145-4ccf-932b-503ec6dfee59_screenshot.jpg

On 8/27/2019 at 7:50 AM, NorthGATiger said:

Sorry if posted already but my biggest concern and what I think is the key to this game is pressure on the QB.  We can talk about it and we can hear about it but until I see a legitimate pass rusher on this defense I am skeptical.  Bryant and Moultry need to really have a great game or we will have to get pressure by blitzing.  The biggest problem last year for our Defense was getting pressure on the QB.

Agree. How will our front 7 get enough pressure on Hebert with 7 blockers (UO leaving 2 TEs to block). We didn’t get good QB pressure last year when SEC teams kept extra blockers to protect the QB. And, how will our young LBs react to short passes to RBs and TEs after they chip our pass rushers?

4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Well.....there WAS that ONE time...

b7a6a970-7145-4ccf-932b-503ec6dfee59_screenshot.jpg

Pretty in Pink. Never seen it but I could just tell..

i am worried about the cheerleaders more than anything else.

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

Pretty in Pink. Never seen it but I could just tell..

Close.... Sixteen Candles.

Classic!!!

20 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

By far my biggest concern is Herbert.  I'm afraid Coe and Davidson might kill him.

Niiiiiiiice..... 😎

Cutesy twirly-bird long-developing wasted plays on offense. Running too many east and west plays rather than north and south. Malzahn taking his foot off of the gas. Malzahn not making adjustments in anticipation of Oregon's defensive adjustments after the half.

Defensive secondary not attacking the ball or looking back for it.

Other than that, WDE! Let's kick duck-ass.

Archived