All Things Violations Talk

Tiger

1 hour ago, tigersfan13 said:

First of all welcome @tigersfan13! Glad you are here! Secondly, moved your thread because we have an all things violations talk thread in the Auburn basketball forum since Auburn is intertwined for now with any schools that gets violations.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Person is not the only one involved. He knew better, but so did the players and their families. Person should bare the brunt of it, but he ain't the only clown in the parade

14 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Person is not the only one involved. He knew better, but so did the players and their families. Person should bare the brunt of it, but he ain't the only clown in the parade

And Sullivan and Verhulst apparently took a trip to the Bermuda Triangle. What happened to those guys anyway?

11 hours ago, tigersfan13 said:

As well it should. The NCAA is going to want the public to see consistency in their handing out of punishments. If our self-inflected punishments matter in the least little bit I'll be shocked.

Auburn's history with the NCAA has been one of unfair treatment, going back to 1956. Even in the Cam Newton fiasco, it took them the better part of a year to give AU the  all clear, when it was obvious that Mississippi State was the offender. The mess with Kamara and Cliff Ellis was so unfair that I can't even get into it. They've always nailed us if they can, and this time they can.

On 6/13/2020 at 1:55 PM, ellitor said:

First of all welcome @tigersfan13! Glad you are here! Secondly, moved your thread because we have an all things violations talk thread in the Auburn basketball forum since Auburn is intertwined for now with any schools that gets violations.

Thanks, sorry bout that, new here didn't realize how it worked

On 6/13/2020 at 11:20 PM, Mikey said:

As well it should. The NCAA is going to want the public to see consistency in their handing out of punishments. If our self-inflected punishments matter in the least little bit I'll be shocked.

Auburn's history with the NCAA has been one of unfair treatment, going back to 1956. Even in the Cam Newton fiasco, it took them the better part of a year to give AU the  all clear, when it was obvious that Mississippi State was the offender. The mess with Kamara and Cliff Ellis was so unfair that I can't even get into it. They've always nailed us if they can, and this time they can.

I just wanna jump off my balcony now. The extreme lengths they went through to make that guy a booster for Auburn.

Didn’t the federal court judge state that auburn could not have known what was going on with persons?  Or something to that affect.  I wish the NCAA would burn itself down.  Of course the schools are the NCAA... have never understood ... it’ll take an entire conference or 2 to finally say enough.

• 4 months later...

Pat Forde said on Finebaum Auburn did in fact get a letter we can only assume of pearl or someone possibly doing more than just the stuff chuck person did? he said no one knows because Auburn acts like they did not get a letter and refuse to release any info and basically the ncaa does not until they get ready to? does anyone know what in the sam hill hello is going on? i really like bruce and what he has done and the best i can reemember he claims no wrong doing. i look forward to basketball so much because we always seem to have some kind of issues with football. thanx

That guy has had it out for AU and takes every chance he can to throw our name in with LSU and the rest. I am kind of doubting we have anything more to worry about at this point. 

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

he said Auburn did in fact get a letter we can only assume of pearl or someone possibly doing more than just the stuff chuck person did? he said no one knows because Auburn acts like they did not get a letter and refuse to release any info and basically the ncaa does not until they get ready to? does anyone know what in the sam hill hello is going on? i really like bruce and what he has done and the best i can reemember he claims no wrong doing. i look forward to basketball so much because we always seem to have some kind of issues with football. thanx

This guy, along with his running buddy Thayer Evans, has had it in for AU for years now. This wouldn't be the first time he's lied in an attempt to do AU harm. He lied about the academic non-event, lied about the Cam Newton hoax and several other situations. Every time he tries to do AU in, we smear more egg on his face and he gets ever more vengeful.

I wouldn't lose a minute's sleep over something he says or writes.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

he said Auburn did in fact get a letter we can only assume of pearl or someone possibly doing more than just the stuff chuck person did? he said no one knows because Auburn acts like they did not get a letter and refuse to release any info and basically the ncaa does not until they get ready to? does anyone know what in the sam hill hello is going on? i really like bruce and what he has done and the best i can reemember he claims no wrong doing. i look forward to basketball so much because we always seem to have some kind of issues with football. thanx

Reasons to talk about Pat Forde:

1. Because Cam Newton kicked him in the nuts

2. Because Bruce Pearl kicked him in the nuts

3. Because both Cam Newton and Bruce Pearl kicked him in the nuts

Until one of those happens, there is no reason to talk about Pat Forde. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Reasons to talk about Pat Forde:

1. Because Cam Newton kicked him in the nuts

2. Because Bruce Pearl kicked him in the nuts

3. Because both Cam Newton and Bruce Pearl kicked him in the nuts

Until one of those happens, there is no reason to talk about Pat Forde. 

Well he is a dick.......................

i guess i missed it. from little i have seen of him on finebaum he seemed to like auburn but i only put finebaum on when i am reading or something.

Yeah he's go no info so he's trying to spin having no info into the most attention grabbing comment that he could.

IMO, we will face penalties for what Chuck Person did. Likely a post-season ban. But to drag Bruce into it is just a way to grab attention for himself because nobody cares about Chuck Person giving 2 kids ~$1000 each in total when there are hundreds of thousands of dollars being thrown around in these other stories coming out in this same FBI sting operation.

Pay him no mind. He's hated across several fanbases

To anyone who has HBO access, I recommend watching "The Scheme", it's a great look inside all of this. Arizona is one of the schools involved there. Chuck Person also got a mention

I get that folks don't like the messenger, but it's pretty head in the sand stuff to think we aren't getting violations out of all this. The only questions are 1) timing and 2) whether we've done enough to mitigate the worst of the possible penalties. Given Bruce's history with the NCAA (deserved or not), we should be concerned, imo. 

1 hour ago, Dunndone414 said:

I get that folks don't like the messenger, but it's pretty head in the sand stuff to think we aren't getting violations out of all this. The only questions are 1) timing and 2) whether we've done enough to mitigate the worst of the possible penalties. Given Bruce's history with the NCAA (deserved or not), we should be concerned, imo. 

I know i am concerned about it. But its been about what 5 years now since the Person scandal occurred. Until some new information comes out I don't see that there is anything to talk about. Its all been discussed many times over the last 5 years so right now we wait to hear from NCAA on the charges and penalty. 

Archived