Nip Watch 2020

WarTim

Headed to Santa Rosa beach for a week. I wonder if my Nip radar will be impacted.......

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 2 college football teams from this state playing right now. The season has started. Has there ever been a nip called after the start of the season? 

10 hours ago, api1957 said:

There are 2 college football teams from this state playing right now. The season has started. Has there ever been a nip called after the start of the season? 

No. But there is nothing normal about THIS year.......

10 hours ago, api1957 said:

Rejoice! The Nip is officially here!

Waterboy GIF by memecandy - Find & Share on GIPHY

44 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Rejoice! The Nip is officially here!

Waterboy GIF by memecandy - Find & Share on GIPHY

Nope. Not yet........

It’s Labor Day weekend. Here in Auburn, the humidity is lower, there’s a cool breeze in the air, and there’s a sense that something is coming...

Children throw the football to each other  and tumble into scattered orange leaves on the freshly-mowed quad as they relive victories past. They dream of securing the winning touchdown with a second left on the clock. Coeds sip lemonade on the front porches that lead to downtown. The smell of barbecue ribs and smokey grills wafts over the campus. Students walk casually up and down Magnolia and College with boots instead of sandals. In the distance, a sound...albeit faded from previous years...the memory of a roar from the student section as “Eye of the Tiger” echoes from the stands. And soon, our beloved Tigers secure their chin straps and donn the eye black as they look up into the Autumn sun, ready to field the first kickoff of the season. 

It’s getting closer...

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

It’s Labor Day weekend. Here in Auburn, the humidity is lower, there’s a cool breeze in the air, and there’s a sense that something is coming...

Children throw the football to each other  and tumble into scattered orange leaves on the freshly-mowed quad as they relive victories past. They dream of securing the winning touchdown with a second left on the clock. Coeds sip lemonade on the front porches that lead to downtown. The smell of barbecue ribs and smokey grills wafts over the campus. Students walk casually up and down Magnolia and College with boots instead of sandals. In the distance, a sound...albeit faded from previous years...the memory of a roar from the student section as “Eye of the Tiger” echoes from the stands. And soon, our beloved Tigers secure their chin straps and donn the eye black as they look up into the Autumn sun, ready to field the first kickoff of the season. 

It’s getting closer...

Very eloquent. Well done. I am at Santa Rosa Beach. No Nip here. Looking.......

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

Very eloquent. Well done. I am at Santa Rosa Beach. No Nip here. Looking.......

I'm sure you don't have to look too hard for a nip or two if you're at the beach. 

30 minutes ago, alexava said:

First opening day of dove season that I was not consumed with football scores/ games. Refreshing actually. Nice weather. 

Agreed!!! Hope you guys had a good hunt. Just finished cleaning mine. Gonna cook tmrw night. 

54 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Agreed!!! Hope you guys had a good hunt. Just finished cleaning mine. Gonna cook tmrw night. 

We did pretty good. Alex limited out which is a big deal to him. Going back at daybreak. 

Believe it or not. Very nice COOL breeze this morning on the beach. 

22 hours ago, AubWes33 said:

I'm sure you don't have to look too hard for a nip or two if you're at the beach. 

Many!!!! ( Don’t tell the Mrs)...

On 9/5/2020 at 2:28 PM, passthebiscuits said:

It’s getting closer...

Wow!  Great visuals and I can even smell the smells.  Thanks for the reminders.  I thought I was there for a brief moment.  I almost forgot that Auburn football had been delayed three weeks.  

Forecast for next 8 days high in 70s lows 49-54. Hmmmm. H S football is on. Tigers two weeks away. I am starting to feel it !!!

Archived