Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

42 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Sorry but players who quit on their teammates isn't one to listen to.  Idc about the covid crap, he wasn't in danger of anything.  He should've played this year.  

What the.... you have no idea what you’re talking about dude!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Clark did not say no yet. I hope he does but he did not say no. That was a rumor started on rivals. 

I didn’t hear it from a reliable source, if there is such a thing

2 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

My prediction is we have a coach announced before this thread hits 400 pages and it's no one that's been seriously listed yet. 

Honestly, at this point, I believe the same thing. 

2 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

My prediction is we have a coach announced before this thread hits 400 pages and it's no one that's been seriously listed yet. 

Gene Chizik!

just throwing that out there so we don’t get him.

4 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

It might have to be Steele at this point. These coaches ain’t even allowed to pick their own assistants. Nobody wants to be apart of that. That’s why everybody keeps turning the job down 

That's the whole intention.

9 minutes ago, wcware said:

I didn’t hear it from a reliable source, if there is such a thing

Someone started a rumor on rivals about 247 but that thread is empty. Basically all I have read on both sites is that Clark is going to take the job if he is offered. One big bad Alabama fan may lead the Auburn Tigers.

7 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Honestly, this. We've heard that everyone under the sun has been offered, only to find out they turned us down, were never contacted, so on and so forth. Starting to think all these leaks of info were fed to us to keep our eye off the ball while they go out and actually get a real coach. This theory also allows me to stay sane until proven otherwise :)

The only logical way that the BOT can save face is to hire Cristobal or another big splash, give them the keys, and say see? We knew what we were doing the whole time. Won’t happen but hey we are Auburn fans all we can do is have false hope 😂

I just want to say...I'm really tired of reading posts shaming the fans for criticizing / complaining about some of the coaching candidates (like Steele or Clark). I say this with the utmost love for my alma mater and its football program: We aren't doing it to be jerks or whiny babies. We are criticizing it because WE see the potential Auburn has, and it's truly frustrating and mind boggling that the people in charge of this hire don't see what we see.

We're a TOP 15 PROGRAM. That alone makes the job appealing. So the fact we're entertaining high school coaches with no SEC experience (UAB AND PRATTVILLE IS NOT COMPARABLE, you can miss me with that "case for Clark") and coaches like Steele who have poor head coaching records has us fans complaining because we're like those parents who are begging their children to live up to their potential when they have all the tools and resources to be successful and be the best. 

There are unemployed head coaches out there who'd absolutely take the challenge of facing the big bad elf in Tuscaloosa. There are coordinators in the Saban / Belichick pedigree who'd also take a chance. There are other highly qualified candidates with the experience who could lead Auburn back to prominence who'd also love the challenge of the SEC and Saban. Auburn fumbled the bag on all of those. It still blows my mind that Urban Meyer is out there and Auburn didn't throw the sink, oven, fridge, whatever at him. If you don't think Urban Meyer would have absolutely agreed to get under Saban's skin once a year if you gave him an offer he couldn't refuse (ahem, full control of the staff and program), you're not as familiar with Urban Meyer as you think. 

Anyway. War Eagle. I'm just hoping my children, Auburn Football and the big bad rich dudes, finally see what I see.

25 minutes ago, wcware said:

Latest rumor is that Clark has also turned us down

I know this isn’t necessarily true yet but if it is...

“I used to think Auburn football was a tragedy, but now I realize, it’s a comedy.”

1 hour ago, Tony4AU said:

Question for long time fans

Mario Napier Sark allegedly said no

Someone decided Lane and Freeze too much baggage

No one wants Steele Clark and Brown

Who are left as candidates??

Does it really matter at this point? As long as they're going to continue to dictate the choices any prospective coach has for staff and resources,  it's just garbage. 

1 minute ago, WarDamn2010 said:

Honestly, this. We've heard that everyone under the sun has been offered, only to find out they turned us down, were never contacted, so on and so forth. Starting to think all these leaks of info were fed to us to keep our eye off the ball while they go out and actually get a real coach. This theory also allows me to stay sane until proven otherwise :)

AH so you’re  in the bargaining phase huh? I am currently still in anger.

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Someone started a rumor on rivals about 247 but that thread is empty. Basically ani have read is that Clark is going to take the job if he is offered. One big bad Alabama fan may lead the Auburn Tigers.

At this point I’m just done with it. Clark is a hell of a coach, I don’t think many will argue that. What he has done at UAB is remarkable and also showed a ton of character to hang around when everything look like it was over. We deserve better from our leadership. How this was handled is a stain that will stick around for a long time.

Guys I think we just got Bill Clark a raise at UAB omg I can't lol

Just now, wcware said:

At this point I’m just done with it. Clark is a hell of a coach, I don’t think many will argue that. What he has done at UAB is remarkable and also showed a ton of character to hang around when everything look like it was over. We deserve better from our leadership. How this was handled is a stain that will stick around for a long time.

We have to demand better by not being done and content and giving up our support until they fix this crap.

Archived