2021 New Staff (Complete... again)

Zeek

1 hour ago, WarEagle2423 said:

he was an AU grad who played here

Jess Simpson,I remember that name, but damn if I can place in the time line. Somebody remembers when

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Well I saw 5 pages unread in this thread and I thought great, we’ve got some info. But shame on me for thinking that 

Make that 5 pages plus one more post that doesn't contain any info. 

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Obviously how dim a view such moves are seen in will vary from industry to industry.  But I think in this field where relationships and team chemistry and such are at a premium, ditching a job 10 days after you accepted it is likely to be looked down on more than other fields.  To say nothing of the more limited hiring pool and even more limited pool of difference making candidates.  

Facts. When I left Long John Silvers to go work for Captain D's due to Captain D promising free lunches everyday....Mr. Silver had a come apart. Years later when I finally progressed my reputation of "best frozen mystery meat warmer upperer in the SE region" and Chick Fillet came calling, Captain D's was very supportive and told me I could come back anytime. 

On a serious note, I do believe there is a lot of subjectivity to this conversation. Everyone's opinion on could be different and still be right. It all boils down to different experiences in different fields. It can even be broken down past the field level and down to individuals within a field. As we see from the different perspectives on this board alone, some people put a higher morale value on that than others. Again, I do not think anybody is right or wrong on this one. Just different matters of opinion.

Harsin needs to set a trap and find the leakers, unless it' an agent and then avoid that agent in the future. I hope none of the coaches is with Sexton.  And, if Rocker happens to be, there's your leak.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Would someone please post a list of defensive linemen that might be interviewed and DL that you would like to see on our staff.

A bunch of names will be posted. None of them true contenders.

Jboy and Duke will retweet each other with 👀 emojis, but they don't know s*** either. 

Randomly a guy from either the Mountain West or Mason's tree will be hired 

i saw on another site tha of all the coaches coach harsin hired two of them have been picked for the nfl. this tells me our coach knows what he is doing. i thought i would brighten up some of ya'lls day. waves

8 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Was Brick until Mizzou fired him and now no one wants him at Auburn.  

I thought he left I his own 

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i saw on another site tha of all the coaches coach harsin hired two of them have been picked for the nfl. this tells me our coach knows what he is doing. i thought i would brighten up some of ya'lls day. waves

Rocker and who is the 2nd?

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Rocker and who is the 2nd?

i just went back to the rant and it does not say. that is why i said another site. no one called him on it. so right now i have no idea.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Would someone please post a list of defensive linemen that might be interviewed and DL that you would like to see on our staff.

Move Bert to the defensive line. Bert has experience as a defensive coordinator so this is a practical move. This would allow Travis Williams to coach the outside linebackers. 

23 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i just went back to the rant and it does not say. that is why i said another site. no one called him on it. so right now i have no idea.

Rumor about Mason 

6 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I don't expect a coach to show any loyalty, when they are rarely given any.  If you get what you perceive a better opportunity take it, you never know when your next opportunity or last day is gonna be.  Especially as an assistant coach.

AND auburnphan introduces the hammer to the nail's head

1 hour ago, Yabo said:

Move Bert to the defensive line. Bert has experience as a defensive coordinator so this is a practical move. This would allow Travis Williams to coach the outside linebackers. 

So a week ago the HC didn't think that Travis Williams was the guy for OLB on this staff. Now there's an opening and you think we're going to start shuffling guys around to make room for him? Use some common sense: if we wasn't the guy for the job last week, why would he be the guy this week? What? 

They will hire a DL coach. Give it up.

3 minutes ago, metafour said:

So a week ago the HC didn't think that Travis Williams was the guy for OLB on this staff. Now there's an opening and you think we're going to start shuffling guys around to make room for him? Use some common sense: if we wasn't the guy for the job last week, why would he be the guy this week? What? 

People in the know have said you can pretty much close the door on a comeback. I mean you pass over a guy and take a multi week search for the last position. The guy that you treated like leftovers isn’t going to come back. Hell, i know twill was listed on the short list for SMU DC. He will get a job

16 minutes ago, metafour said:

I was placating auburn4ever as he has said in the past that he wanted to retain Travis Williams.  

Harsin and Mason should hire who they want as they will be fired in a few years if things don't go well. I don't have a preference one way or the other. 

Lighten up. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

You got to be kidding

Yeah that'd be a jump too soon IMO. I love T-Will, but he should spread his knowledge to more than LBer coach.

15 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Yeah that'd be a jump too soon IMO. I love T-Will, but he should spread his knowledge to more than LBer coach.

Long term, yes. Right now, he should focus on what he knows (LBs) b/c it'll help him be more successful short term. Biggest thing for him is spreading his wings and developing coaching relationships at other stops. 

Archived