CB Kamal Hadden enters transfer portal

Tony4AU

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Who?

JUCO cornerback who enrolled in Auburn in January

He was slated to be a back up CB to McCreary, apparently.  Probably had a lot of playing time coming his way this year.

Will the bleeding ever stop?

Disappointed.  He's a 3* so he should have the work ethic Harsin wants /s

• Facepalm 4

Lot of the backups are transferring out. Not a huge lose cause we already had a glut of great corners and the guy from West Virginia should be arriving this fail and he'll compete for a starting spot. But these transfers sure do muddy the water for the coming years. Not sure how the coaches plan to account for not having a second string.....

13 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Lot of the backups are transferring out. Not a huge lose

Disagree.  This guy was probably our 3rd of 4th CB, even with Miller coming in.  Losing depth is going to really hurt us.  We don't just play starters.

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Disagree.  This guy was probably our 3rd of 4th CB, even with Miller coming in.  Losing depth is going to really hurt us.  We don't just play starters.

He was a JUCO guy who none of us have ever seen play in a real game. He was on the team for like 3 months. I think you might be overstating the impact. But i do agree that its concerning losing all the backups and i called it out in my post. 

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You're talking out of your ass. Has anyone heard a word about Kamal Hadden all spring? He's likely transferring because he WASN'T going to be on the field. The players have individual meetings with the coaches after spring ball - hence guys who are in trouble or are lower on the depth chart than they expected see the writing on the wall or are "suggested" into exploring other options. Use some common sense - this kid just enrolled here and if he was going to be the "3rd or 4th CB" on the field he wouldn't be randomly leaving. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, gravejd said:

He was a JUCO guy who none of us have ever seen play in a real game. He was on the team for like 3 months. I think you might be overstating the impact. But i do agree that its concerning losing all the backups and i called it out in my post. 

Guy got good reviews and was McCreary's back up on the post spring DCs.  On the team long or not, he was projected to get a lot of PT.

28 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Not sure how the coaches plan to account for not having a second string.....

Don’t you worry about it. I am sure The paid professionals has an idea or several  in the works

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886qp8upursser856w378

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, metafour said:

You're talking out of your ass.

3 minutes ago, metafour said:

He's likely transferring

Sounds like you're doing the same

@metafour, how do you feel about the other kids that have entered the portal?  Any of them concerning to you?

36 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Disappointed.  He's a 3* so he should have the work ethic Harsin wants /s

Very nice pot shot lol 

• Like 1

This one time transfer thing is a load of sh*t man!! Or at least I’ll think so until it starts to benefit Auburn😂. God forbid someone has to fulfill their commitment to something. 

• Facepalm 1

I think he just expected to win a job coming from JUCO and when he didn't, he decided to look elsewhere and try again.  We got two studs starting and he just didn't want to wait his turn.  His career, do what you feel ya gotta do young man, best of luck.

CBH and his culture change. Going to the archives for this.

Edit: Not saying this guy was asked to leave

Edited by DAG
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This one time transfer thing is a load of sh*t man!! Or at least I’ll think so until it starts to benefit Auburn😂. God forbid someone has to fulfill their commitment to something. 

WVU starter and a leader in the Big 12 as a CB Dreshun Miller is enrolling at AU this summer so it is benefitting us already. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Sounds like you're doing the same

I gave you both potential outcomes. The other "option" was that he got in trouble with the coaches and in that case you can't keep a guy who's not doing what he's told because "you need depth". There are going to be a million players in the transfer portal, it's not going to be hard to find a backup player. An incoming coach needs to set his standards and stick to them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I'm sure you're referring to the coaches and their commitment to these kids that they're encouraging to leave. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I'm sure you're referring to the coaches and their commitment to these kids that they're encouraging to leave. 

The coaches who leave and take better jobs are a**holes too. Lol. I’m not discriminating here. 

• Like 1