Ranking 2021 Additions

Zeek

I would move up Hunter as well.  Health at RB is gonna be critical.  Both Tank and Shivers running style are violent and tend to take unnecessary hits which tends to lead to more injuries.  Tank missed time last year and Shivers has missed time every year because of injuries I believe.  They may be SEC caliber backs but staying healthy is far from being a reality for the season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2021 at 5:26 PM, bigbird said:

Well, he is from Texas

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bhwsoilp2yftd16od5jt

On 6/23/2021 at 7:32 PM, fredst said:

And overcoached

@bigbird is just too skilled

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 7:32 PM, Zeek said:
  • Brady Ward - Offensive Tackle (maybe Guard) - Preferred Walk On from Ole Miss that was a former Army-All-American participant. Not sure what the story is on how he fell off but there's a lot of upside and he has a solid chance at potentially earning a scholarship in the future.

This is a story that I imagine the board will want to hear: Brian, Brady's father, played O-line at LSU back in the 90s, so he was raised in an LSU household...but he wanted to play for Auburn. Brian said they took Brady to the Auburn vs LSU game in Auburn in 2016, and on their way home, Brady said that he wanted to go to school at AU. They took recruiting trips all over the country, but he always came back to Auburn. Malzahn's staff never gave him the time of day, so he signed with Ole Miss in 2020. When Harsin and company came in, they reached out to Brady and offered him a spot as a walk-on, and he jumped at it.

Yes, the kid loves Auburn so much that he gave up a scholarship to play at Ole Miss in order to walk on for our Tigers. I don't know if he's good enough to challenge for a spot in the starting lineup, but I'm sure as hell pulling for him.

https://247sports.com/player/brady-ward-90200/

*EDIT* I'm not sure he ever actually signed with Ole Miss. The story I got was that just before he was about to head off for Ole Miss this January, he was contacted by Auburn's coaches and offered the PWO slot, but 247 shows him as only having committed to Ole Miss, not signed. I suppose it's possible that he chose to sit out this past season due to COVID, and thus never enrolled there. I'm not sure what the deal is...I'll see if I can find out.

*EDIT #2* Apparently he did not enroll last fall, and thus will be a true freshman this season. I haven't been able to get a firm answer on what the deal is with him being listed as committed and not signed for Ole Miss's 2020 class.

Edited by Rednilla
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2