CCTAU's son in the ARMY

CCTAU

My son just graduated Infantry training at Ft. Benning and will report to the 101st airborn/air assault July 26. Should be in Iraq some time in October. He has accomplished this at the tender age of 17. Please pray for him and our family as he embarks on his career in the ARMY. May it be a long and healthy one.

pvtbeckham42nq.th.jpg

Private Beckham

pvtbeckham37je.th.jpgPrivate Beckham with big ole CCTAU toting the rocks

pvtbeckham23df.th.jpgPrivate Beckham with little bro and sis.

pvtbeckham11qp.th.jpg

Private Beckham with mom (CCTAU's lovely bride).

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the photos. He is a fine looking soldier and young man. Please pass on my congratulations to him. He is joining a great outfit. The "Screaming Eagles" have a long, storied tradition and are a very proud and dedicated group of patriots. God bless him and his comrades. My prayers and thanks are with you all.

What a good looking kid! We are so proud of him and for you!! Of course we have all added him to "THE LIST".

I know you are proud. What a fine looking young man. Give him my congratulations and a big thank you. He will be in my prayers along with you and your family.

May the Lord bless him with Strength, Vision, and a way home as well.

May the Lord Bless the parents with grace while he is deployed...

The boy now becomes a man. Congrats and I know you are proud. I get excited everytime I hear a young man has decided to do what your young son is doing. I am assuming that since he reports to the 101st in October, he is about to start airborne school and then air assualt. When you talk to him again, tell him he needs to think about trading that black beret, that everbody now wears <_< , in for a tan beret. Heck he is at Ft. Benning arleady, might as well become a Ranger!

Guest Tigrinum Major

Congrats to your son and prayers to your family. He is now a part of something bigger than all of us, the profession of arms, a brotherhood not built on secret rituals or handshakes, but through the promise to your fellow brothers that you will serve them faithfully and always do your duty.

America is free today because men like your son.

War Damn Eagle and Airborne.

A cousin of mine is an Army Ranger in the 101st Airborne....they have seen alot of action. Matter of fact, I dont remember if you all recall....but remember that guy who threw a grenade inside a tent in the beginnings of the Iraq War? My cousin was the tent right over from that one :( He had to testify for all that stuff.

Please extend my "Thank You" for his service to our Country. May God Bless ALL ! !

CCTAU, please tell your son thanks. And don't listen to what Ranger says. Tell him he should ditch those Army Greens for Marine Dress Blues! :poke: Seriously, this country is great because of men like your son. Thank you, and God Bless!

CCTAU, please tell your son thanks.  And don't listen to what Ranger says.  Tell him he should ditch those Army Greens for Marine Dress Blues!  :poke:   Seriously, this country is great because of men like your son.  Thank you, and God Bless!

168320[/snapback]

I still baffles me to this day why someone would even think about becoming a Marine, much less actually doing it! :P Your Jarhead Recon guys are about the craziest bunch of @#$%'s I had ever met.

Vatz,

What battilion and company is your cousin in at Division?

CCTAU, please tell your son thanks.  And don't listen to what Ranger says.  Tell him he should ditch those Army Greens for Marine Dress Blues!   :poke:   Seriously, this country is great because of men like your son.  Thank you, and God Bless!

168320[/snapback]

I still baffles me to this day why someone would even think about becoming a Marine, much less actually doing it! :P Your Jarhead Recon guys are about the craziest bunch of @#$%'s I had ever met.

Vatz,

What battilion and company is your cousin in at Division?

168343[/snapback]

Dont know actually...I'll get back to you on that.

Thanks guys. The infantry has already brainwashed him. He will report to the 101 on the 25th of July and then wait to get assigned to a unit. Then he starts air assault training. He is scheduled to be in Iraq sometime in October. We live in Woodstock, GA which luckily only has abeout 3 loud-mouthed liberals. So every time he goes out, he gets all kinds of support form people he has never met. You can tell already that it makes a difference in the way he feels about his service. Keep him in your prayers.

• 4 months later...

Son has been in Iraq for over a week now. He is in East Baghdad and has already been in the fighting. This is very tough on an 18 yr old. He knows his job but is trying to understand some of the things he's going through. His unit is the only combat unit in E. Baghdad at the moment. They took over for the 1-61 Cavalry. so until the rest of the 503rd gets there, they will be in it every day.

So keep him in your prayers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Been there for 3.5 months. This pic taken before going out for the day.

455927497lmedium2vr.jpg

Archived