Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

Just now, abw0004 said:

I am speaking of players that have come out and said as much.  McClain is a current player, Marlon Davidson is another who said Kristi is who really helped turn him around.

But you are making the assumption that CBH did not care about his players and CGM did. The true reality is there is a faction that feels like he doesn't care and there is another faction that abide by him and are loyal to him, stating as much as he is growing them to better men. Let's be fair here. This is not a majority rule theme.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kentucky Tiger said:

This story is moving fast. Now my impeccable sources are telling me it's definitely going to be Chiz. He hasn't been idle. He's worked up a whole new playbook. 

He's going to use four of those available scholarships as part of a parole board hearing to bring back Mike McNeil, Shaun Kitchens, Antonio Goodwin and Dakota Mosley. They'll be an updated version of Knute Rockne's offense, "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" The NCAA is talking about giving the fellows 9 extra years of eligibility for their years in Atmore Prison.

They have another series of plays similar to the Shotgun. It's called Michael Dyer's Gun or the 9mm.

Did you just create a username to be annoying?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

But it was supposedly dysfunctional with Gus here too. So why would I agree with his estimation of Gus?

I know we were a bad football team, but maybe I'm misremembering the issues we had with a divided locker room & lots disliking Gus.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

But you are making the assumption that CBH did not care about his players and CGM did. The true reality is there is a faction that feels like he doesn't care and there is another faction that abide by him and are loyal to him, stating as much as he is growing them to better men. Let's be fair here. This is not a majority rule theme.

Again, there is non-public information I am alluding to.

Just now, W.E.D said:

I know we were a bad football team, but maybe I'm misremembering the issues we had with a divided locker room & lots disliking Gus.

I don't remember the locker room being divided.  We always gave credit to his teams, that they always fought for Gus in every game.  Even some players that transferred out said it was their fault things did not work out.  A player that comes to mind is Byron Cowart: "Kind of like a girlfriend — the one that got away. I mean, things happen for a reason, you know what I’m saying? Fans, they still, every time — if someone says, ‘War Eagle,’ to me, I’m going to say it back, because there’s no bad blood. They helped me grow and mature as a person."

6 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

After 3 years, Gus didn't seem to have an impact on Smoke...

Some of you ppl and your issues with Smoke are so damn strange

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I didn't say a lot was disliking Gus nor do I think a lot dislike CBH. I do remember insiders saying that there was conflict between the defensive side of the ball and the offensive side of the ball. I do not remember many players vouching for CBH like they were for Gus when he got fired. I think people are creatures of the moment and exaggerating a bunch of stuff. Just a couple of years ago, several insiders spoke of inner fighting between offense and defense. The play showed that something had run amok. There had been constant turnover at the OC position. It wasn't sunshine and rainbows like people are trying to make it out to be.

2 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

Both...

Maybe I am forgetting something, but I don't remember him having off-field issues.  I could be wrong though. 

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Again, there is non-public information I am alluding to.

Where if you can't share it, then there is no point in me taking your opinion into consideration.

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

I didn't say a lot was disliking Gus nor do I think a lot dislike CBH. I do remember insiders saying that there was conflict between the defensive side of the ball and the offensive side of the ball. I do not remember many players vouching for CBH like they were for Gus when he got fired. I think people are creatures of the moment and exaggerating a bunch of stuff. Just a couple of years ago, several insiders spoke of inner fighting between offense and defense. The play showed that something had run amok. There had been constant turnover at the OC position. It wasn't sunshine and rainbows like people are trying to make it out to be.

Yeah I was more just referring to players.  I do remember the offense/defense issues.

Let's not forget Big Cat & his mom supporting Gus 😁

Just now, DAG said:

Where if you can't share it, then there is no point in me taking your opinion into consideration.

That is fine.  You don't have to, the only issue I had was when you said Gus was my hero when I had been all Harsin since he was hired until about two weeks ago when this all started.  It was kind of out of left field.  Now I give the man credit for things he deserves but I have not been saying anything else on the matter.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I'm going to start doing this.

Sorry man, you're wrong.  Can't tell you tho.

#donorboardinfo

• Haha 3

Just now, W.E.D said:

Yeah I was more just referring to players.  I do remember the offense/defense issues.

Let's not forget Big Cat & his mom supporting Gus 😁

Yep and Big Cat still doing Big Cat things at UCF lol. I am not dissing Gus. I am just simply saying both of them are two extremes.  So, if Kobe Hudson wants to be with Gus, please go be with Gus, but don't complain when you are struggling at the next level at the WR position. The same argument could be made for CBH. It is great to be considered the next great coach, but you can only do so much if you don't have the support of majority of your players.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

That is fine.  You don't have to, the only issue I had was when you said Gus was my hero when I had been all Harsin since he was hired until about two weeks ago when this all started.  It was kind of out of left field.  Now I give the man credit for things he deserves but I have not been saying anything else on the matter.

Bro, stop it. You have not and I will leave it at that.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Is it normal for so many people to make veiled comments about having insider information? I know message boards are always rampant with folks who claim to know something but can’t fully share, but I’ve seen so many this weekend. 

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

Bro, stop it. You have not and I will leave it at that.

I absolutely have.  If you are so sure, then dig up posts of me continuing to sing Gus' praises and posts of me hating on Harsin (excluding these past few weeks).

Just now, abw0004 said:

I absolutely have.  If you are so sure, then dig up posts of me continuing to sing Gus' praises and posts of me hating on Harsin (excluding these past few weeks).

"I can share but I can't share."

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yep and Big Cat still doing Big Cat things at UCF lol. I am not dissing Gus. I am just simply saying both of them are two extremes.  So, if Kobe Hudson wants to be with Gus, please go be with Gus, but don't complain when you are struggling at the next level at the WR position. The same argument could be made for CBH. It is great to be considered the next great coach, but you can only do so much if you don't have the support of majority of your players.

And it IS the coaches responsibility to “win over” a new team. Fully understand accountability but can’t lose the room, and he lost a lot of them apparently.

1 minute ago, zeroforwinger said:

Is it normal for so many people to make veiled comments about having insider information? I know message boards are always rampant with folks who claim to know something but can’t fully share, but I’ve seen so many this weekend. 

No it is not normal

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

And it IS the coaches responsibility to “win over” a new team. Fully understand accountability but can’t lose the room, and he lost a lot of them apparently.

He didn't lose a lot of them. That is the stuff I mean lol. Huge exaggeration. He has several from one faction speaking out and several from another faction speaking out. If he lost a lot of them as you've said, he legit would not be able to field a team. 

Edited by DAG

1 minute ago, DAG said:

"I can share but I can't share."

I know what I have and haven't said.  If you have no way of proving anything then please don't take unnecessary pot shots.  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I'm not trying to protect Gus or stick up for him.  I was really trying to isolate Harsin and his lack of desire to do much outside the confines of the football complex & Xs and Os.  Relationships and understanding your players seems to be lacking & there's a solid section of the team that didn't like it.  Some are OK with it.

Can we get enough players that don't need/want that with a HC?  Unknown

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

I know what I have and haven't said.  If you have no way of proving anything then please don't take unnecessary pot shots.  Thanks.

I didn't take a pot shot. I said what I said. Do you know what a pot shot mean? I did not do a single subliminal at you.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not trying to protect Gus or stick up for him.  I was really trying to isolate Harsin and his lack of desire to do much outside the confines of the football complex & Xs and Os.  Relationships and understanding your players seems to be lacking & there's a solid section of the team that didn't like it.  Some are OK with it.

Can we get enough players that don't need/want that with a HC?  Unknown

I agree with all of that. 

• Like 1