AU Gymnastics at Nationals on ESPN2

ellitor

Figured this thread would be good for score updates.

Auburn killed it on the beam as all 6 gymnasts scored over 9.8. Suni, Sophia, and Gabby scored 9.9 or higher!

Auburn is in 2nd after the first rotation!

Aria starts off strong on floor with a 9.8625. Drew steps out of bounds so hope we can drop her score.

Cassie and Sophia both with 9.9s after great performances!!!

Auburn takes the lead over Michigan!

Florida is still going on bars. Apparently there's some issue with the bars being loose or something so they're trying to get that squared away.

The wait for Florida is to see if any of the 4 ladies that went already will get to redo their routines since their were equipment issues. Would be huge since Florida has a 9.15 and a 9.81. Would have to count that 9.81.

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

The wait for Florida is to see if any of the 4 ladies that went already will get to redo their routines since their were equipment issues. Would be huge since Florida has a 9.15 and a 9.81. Would have to count that 9.81.

Do we get to redo our floor routines from the LSU meet?

• Haha 2

No redo attempts for Florida but Trinity does what Trinity does and scores a 9.975 ...

Followed by a 9.9125.

Auburn still LEADS!!

Edited by tgrogan21

Rough start on Vault with Sophia getting a 9.8 and Cassie Stevens getting a 9.7875. But Derrian gets a 9.875, Sara Hubbard gets a 9.9, and Drew Watson gets a 9.925.

Need a big score from Suni, though as Florida and Michigan are killing it this rotation.

Edit: Suni with a 9.85. Glad we had the lead because I feel like those scores aren't going to cut it.

Edited by tgrogan21

Holy crap. I feel awful for Michigan. :( 2 girls fall on their bars routine.

Auburn still holds the lead on Florida barely. But barring an absolute collapse, Auburn will advance!

Edited by tgrogan21

Didn’t even know you were updating the thread here lol. I was on the other one. If you compare our vault scores to others, they were somewhat comparable. Mentioned in other thread, I think the difficulty for 10s helps us against Florida. Trinity is just ridiculous 10 machine. Getting a 9.9 is a lot harder in the championships than through the season. 

• Like 1

I don’t even think she needed the hop just now but that was great for Cassie. So proud of her. She’s gotten so much better throughout the year. 

Solid bars by DG there will open it up for Suni to go off. 

Mizzou finished with 197.2. That’s solid for them. 

Boom!!!!!! DG!!!!! That should be enough. For top 2 at least. 

So so close for Suni perfection. Slight shuffle

Florida freaking topped us again.  Well trinity did with a 10.

Screenshot_20220414-195759_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Angry 1