I’m Gutted for the Players

Barnacle

What about if the players maybe made a few plays that they didn’t and didn’t fumble handoffs and muff punts. Love that people act like it’s all coaching. 

The guys played their tails off but outside of a couple strange play calls I’d say it was a good game plan and we looked like the better team.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 5
  • Dislike 2

I don't feel bad for all the players. This was a whole team loss. I say get a new regiment in here and yes, the new regiment will bring their own staff and guess what? Bring in their own players too. Accountability on everyone, starting with CBH, who obviously has checked out. But some of these players, who claimed they loved their coach in the off season have played like absolute crap. I can't sugar coat it anymore.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CamZilla_15 said:

What about if the players maybe made a few plays that they didn’t and didn’t fumble handoffs and muff punts. Love that people act like it’s all coaching. 

The guys played their tails off but outside of a couple strange play calls I’d say it was a good game plan and we looked like the better team.

Nowhere did I say that the players were perfect. There is a pattern and practice with this staff that has become disturbing: 
E1F79DE7-E046-4446-834A-C022D6F3BAEA.jpeg.8c72bab75ca04cdb0736ba942e0366d1.jpeg

Again, the players deserve better. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

These kids are out there playing their asses off. I hate it for them. I really do. Couldn’t care less what happens with this staff. The players deserve better. That’s all. 

I agree. Change needs to go ahead and happen, but hell, we don’t even have an AD lined up. Kiesau may be the worst OC I’ve ever seen. It’s like this offensive coaching staff is clueless. Been losing solid leads for the last 2 years now.  No adjustments whatsoever. This is such a poorly coached team, they don’t warrant any time people should spend watching them. I doubt AU wins another game this year. 3-9. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

we don’t even have an AD lined up.

That is another thing. WHY NOT?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Nowhere did I say that the players were perfect. There is a pattern and practice with this staff that has become disturbing: 
E1F79DE7-E046-4446-834A-C022D6F3BAEA.jpeg.8c72bab75ca04cdb0736ba942e0366d1.jpeg

Again, the players deserve better. 

Maybe so, but this team has very little talent and that has been an issue in the making for the last 3 to 4 years. 

• Like 1

Just now, Old fan 47 said:

Maybe so, but this team has very little talent and that has been an issue in the making for the last 3 to 4 years. 

No doubt, because our greatest areas of need have not been adequately addressed by this staff. Again, the players deserve better. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

No doubt, because our greatest areas of need have not been adequately addressed by this staff. Again, the players deserve better. 

That's a huge failure right there. And it's enough reason to fire him. He seems uninterested in recruiting and doing what it takes to build an SEC team. 

• Like 5

Harsin & staff have stunk up the field on several games but this one's on the players. Chokehold that cotinued LSUs winning drive, FOUR (4) turnovers, unforced errors, mental blanking out, 6th yr O linemen blowing the basics, missed kicks, etc etc.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

I'm gutted for the players, but I'm ready for a lot of the older guys to move on. Nothing personal, as I appreciate their efforts, but it blows my mind how almost every dumb penalty, missed tackle, or screwup seems to come from 6th year seniors or players who have been playing for 3 years. Time for new guys to make mistakes

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Well, don’t worry.  Harsin will throw all the players under the bus.   Just Watch. 

One could only hope he throws Anders in front of a bus. He cost us the game. It makes that 1st and goal at the 7 yard line, down 1 much more attainable if you don't have to rely on Auburn's deception and trickery to lose you a football game.  Run it 3 times up the middle, kick the FG and walk away with a win.

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

One could only hope he throws Anders in front of a bus. He cost us the game. It makes that 1st and goal at the 7 yard line, down 1 much more attainable if you don't have to rely on Auburn's deception and trickery to lose you a football game.  Run it 3 times up the middle, kick the FG and walk away with a win.

I don’t recall Anders being on the field for that series so how does it make sense to blame him?  Kickers miss, he also made one too if you recall.   We were down by 4, we needed the end zone. 

Maybe you can blame the coaches for calling that absolutely idiotic 2nd down trick play which ended in Koy Moore gifting LSU the ball or maybe at least you blame Koy Moore for throwing the INT then turning the ball over AGAIN that was thrown right into his numbers at THE most critical time in the game….especially after running his mouth all week about how he was the real “WR1” at LSU. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DAG said:

I don't feel bad for all the players. This was a whole team loss. I say get a new regiment in here and yes, the new regiment will bring their own staff and guess what? Bring in their own players too. Accountability on everyone, starting with CBH, who obviously has checked out. But some of these players, who claimed they loved their coach in the off season have played like absolute crap. I can't sugar coat it anymore.

we disagree then. some of those players did every single thing that was asked of them. is it their fault others did not respond as well? i know we are all hurt or mad or both but those kids are playing like they are coached. we do have some green players but when it is all you have to put on the field it is what it is.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

we disagree then. some of those players did every single thing that was asked of them. is it their fault others did not respond as well? i know we are all hurt or mad or both but those kids are playing like they are coached. we do have some green players but when it is all you have to put on the field it is what it is.

I’m fine with disagreeing 

9 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

those anders kids have been damn good to us over the years. blame the ones who hired the coaches and those who coached the team. special teams took a huge step back bro...........

11 hours ago, CamZilla_15 said:

Problem is it does come back to coaching. We looked so much better on O-line last night. Partially because of scheme, partially because of changes along the O-line, partially because of the QB. Why weren’t these things thought out in the spring? Why didn’t Robby get reps at QB1 sooner? Why is Scott still returning punts when he has had issues all year? Why are some of the young guys just seeing the field now 5 games in when they clearly have a ton of talent. The turnovers, jitters, bad habits could’ve been worked out a while ago. You put your best players out there and get the hiccups out against Mercer and San Jose State. That doesn’t absolve the players but you have to put a good amount of the blame on the staff for not realizing what they had and working within that. It’s one of the same problems I had with Gus.

Anders is not completely recovered.  That’s obvious.   Why not give McPherson a shot? I was happy to see improvement on the O-line.  I was happy to see that Tank and Jarquez got some good yardage on several plays, instead of running into a brick wall. Robby played his heart out, but made too many mistakes.  The football gods do not want us to win, that’s for sure.  Maybe they want Harsin gone, too.  

The players played with a lot of heart.

We have good players, just not a lot of depth. There are a couple of position groups that are not where they need to be.

The play calling on offense is not good.

The lack of halftime adjustments, for two seasons now, is bad.

But the worst thing about our program right now is the recruiting is extremely bad. From signings to portal management, is horrendous.

A coach could come in and turn things around in a couple of portal/recruiting cycles. 
The players have not given up.. that’s obvious IMO. And, it’s real easy to do when there is a lame duck/hot seat head coach.

3 hours ago, StuckMic91 said:

Problem is it does come back to coaching. We looked so much better on O-line last night. Partially because of scheme, partially because of changes along the O-line, partially because of the QB. Why weren’t these things thought out in the spring? Why didn’t Robby get reps at QB1 sooner? Why is Scott still returning punts when he has had issues all year? Why are some of the young guys just seeing the field now 5 games in when they clearly have a ton of talent. The turnovers, jitters, bad habits could’ve been worked out a while ago. You put your best players out there and get the hiccups out against Mercer and San Jose State. That doesn’t absolve the players but you have to put a good amount of the blame on the staff for not realizing what they had and working within that. It’s one of the same problems I had with Gus.

So teams should have everything together and figured out by the time the first game comes? Injuries play a factor as well as you never know how they will respond under the lights when you watch them in practice.

14 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Harsin & staff have stunk up the field on several games but this one's on the players. Chokehold that cotinued LSUs winning drive, FOUR (4) turnovers, unforced errors, mental blanking out, 6th yr O linemen blowing the basics, missed kicks, etc etc.

I straight up read this as sarcasm until I saw who posted it. Like player discipline and mental focus is some uncoachable intangible or something...