Men vs Texas A&M Game Thread

Maverick.AU

2 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Well ladies and gents. This one might be over. We don't have the horses to keep up with their guards. 

Like the Miami game in ncaa last yesr

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

Has Bruce ever come up with a play before the half?

this has come to my attention more the last two seasons.

Maybe we just had the talent to cover the lack of preparation in the past.

Since the game started Auburn never matched their energy. U could already tell how this was going to go. If I am not mistaken Tamu is one of the few teams that has beaten Auburn at home

1 minute ago, TigerPAC said:

Is it just me or does Broome look like he’s stuck in mud and moving slow tonight?  

All of them do

Chris Moore looks lost out there. I just don't think he is ready to be back. Broome's toe issue must be causing problems...He just can't jump.  We are getting worked by a much more athletic team than we are.  Devin Cambridge would have been a big difference maker for us this year.  Wish he was still around.  We are just not fundamentally very good this year.  Hopefully we will grow amd become a better team next year.  We really need some size at guard and for goodness sake, a shooter at the 2.

You can't beat good teams when you can't shoot the basketball. This team hasn't had a shooter in several seasons now. Baffling that Bruce hasn't addressed it. Going to be a long 6 weeks im afraid.

Just now, thewhiz7 said:

I had a bad feeling about this game. Hopefully we can come out and get hot in the 2nd half. 

I had the same feeling.  Looks like the feeling wasn't wrong...at least not yet.

In the last few games we moved the ball by people moving and passing. In this game we have gone back to one on one dribble offense and if we pass it is to no purpose because it doesn't lead to another pass. We are also getting beat inside both by not rotating and protecting the rim when guard is beat. Rotate and challenge the shot or force the driver to pass.  

The few times we get the ball inside they collapse and our bigs don't get the ball off quick enough so the littles are able to get their hands on the ball.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Chris Moore looks lost out there. I just don't think he is ready to be back. Broome's toe issue must be causing problems...He just can't jump.  We are getting worked by a much more athletic team than we are.  Devin Cambridge would have been a big difference maker for us this year.  Wish he was still around.  We are just not fundamentally very good this year.  Hopefully we will grow amd become a better team next year.  We really need some size at guard and for goodness sake, a shooter at the 2.

Moore may look lost because he’s playing the four position when he’s normally a three. Back ups seem to be playing a lot of minutes. Not to make excuses but I’m wondering if some guys are dealing with sickness or something. We started out with a lot of energy but faded fast 

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

In the last few games we moved the ball by people moving and passing. In this game we have gone back to one on one dribble offense and if we pass it is to no purpose because it doesn't lead to another pass. We are also getting beat inside both by not rotating and protecting the rim when guard is beat. Rotate and challenge the shot or force the driver to pass.  

The few times we get the ball inside they collapse and our bigs don't get the ball off quick enough so the littles are able to get their hands on the ball.

Last 10 minutes of that half….some ugly basketball by us.  Broome not moving/jumping is hurting us terribly