State of the Union Address

homersapien

So much for the "senile, drooling idiot" accusation. :-\

Biden showed Republicans what actual populism should look like, using actual programs.  Improving people's lives will improve the country.

Beats the hell of stoking hate and fears with culture warfare.  (Not to mention trying to undercut our democratic election process.)

Finish the job!

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

35 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

While some of it not outright lies............he did claim a lot of things that without proper context makes them seem like he did a great job. But if you look below the surface the SOTU address was polishing a giant turd. 

It was as bad as his list that was put into the incompetent thread. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

Didn't watch (never have watched the State of the Union), but I've seen the highlights. 

Joe touted his accomplishments....exaggerated some. Typical state of the union stuff.  

Republicans did their usual theatrics for the cameras acting like circus monkeys. Joe handled that pretty well and I think it made Greene and Republicans look bad. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I didn't watch the SOTU, but there was a significant part of the address that needs to be brought up. That moment where Biden said that the GOP was coming for Social Security and Medicare, and he was met with jeers and boos from the GOP. Then Biden said that now there's a clear consensus that we will not gut the Social Security and Medicare, so he expects the GOP to keep their word was masterful. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Fondly remember Murdoch’s fact checker holding Trump’s feet to the fire!

Well, Trump didn’t give the SOTU speech last night.  Got something relevant except whataboutism?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It is the NY Post.  Even being the Post, it is an editorial opinion with no facts to back up the assertions.  Unless the author wrote the same when DJT repeatedly lied to the American public, it is nothing more than a partisan stroke session.

• Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

While some of it not outright lies............he did claim a lot of things that without proper context makes them seem like he did a great job. But if you look below the surface the SOTU address was polishing a giant turd. 

It was as bad as his list that was put into the incompetent thread. 

Isn't that the purpose of the speech? 

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

It is the NY Post.  Even being the Post, it is an editorial opinion with no facts to back up the assertions.  Unless the author wrote the same when DJT repeatedly lied to the American public, it is nothing more than a partisan stroke session.

The NYPost didn’t need to fact check DJT.  The WaPo (Democracy Dies in Darkness), The NYT (All the News Fit to Print) and most of the MSM News shows were up to the task.  You haven’t seen those outlets say anything about Biden’s lies have you?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, Trump didn’t give the SOTU speech last night.  Got something relevant except whataboutism?

Y’all really struggle with that concept. My comment is a critique of the Murdoch empire on consistency. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Isn't that the purpose of the speech? 

Lying, being disingenuous? I suppose, but I thought Biden was supposed to  be above all that.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

No, no, no, silly man...he was "masterful" last night. 🙄

Check out Joe from the era of disco balls and pet rocks (1975)

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-time-joe-biden-proposed-sunsetting-every-federal-program-even-medicare

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SLAG-91 said:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-time-joe-biden-proposed-sunsetting-every-federal-program-even-medicare

And the minions will follow their cult leader. 

4 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

That points out that, with the exception of two items, his SOTU speech was mostly accurate, but delivered in a campaign like speech.  There is always context to anything. Did it upset you this much when George W Bush or DJT  gave their speeches?  I seriously doubt that it did.  You are upset because Fox & Friends encourages the angst.

• Facepalm 1

39 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

https://www.politifact.com/article/2023/feb/08/fact-checking-sarah-huckabee-sanders-republican-re/

As usual, the other side of the aisle is more concerned with CRT and trans issues than anything that really impacts the lives of Americans.  Maybe they are too busy writing that healthcare plan they talked about for a decade and never produced.

• Facepalm 1

56 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

That points out that, with the exception of two items, his SOTU speech was mostly accurate, but delivered in a campaign like speech.  There is always context to anything. Did it upset you this much when George W Bush or DJT  gave their speeches?  I seriously doubt that it did.  You are upset because Fox & Friends encourages the angst.

I’m not upset, just calling a spade a spade. So you are wrong about that. 

I also don’t watch Fox and Friends or any Fox News for that matter. So you are wrong about that too. Occasionally I may compare how they spin something compared to the other garbage. 

7 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

Yeah, I didn't watch the SOTU, but there was a significant part of the address that needs to be brought up. That moment where Biden said that the GOP was coming for Social Security and Medicare, and he was met with jeers and boos from the GOP. Then Biden said that now there's a clear consensus that we will not gut the Social Security and Medicare, so he expects the GOP to keep their word was masterful. 

It never was our word to cut anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I only watched some of the SOTU address. The freak in the white coat acted just like everyone would expect. But Bident showed his experience with his masterful move to bring up the, real or false proposal (doesn't matter), to cut Medicare and Social Security by the republicans. It was a political checkmate basically taking those entitlemenbts off the table to reduce spending. Winner Joe Biden.  

Federal spending is a big concern for me and the question now is how will our representatives (employees) cut costs. Continued growing deficits is not sustainable. Our share (yours and mine) is growing and currently up to @ $96K per citizen. It will be interesting to hear what our government options are going forward. 

Edited by creed

19 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

Well except the GOP coming for Social Security and Medicare has long been debunked. Someone forgot to tell Joe. Poor guy. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

Didn't Joe coin the phrase "if you didn't vote Biden you ain't a hypocrite?" ;D

14 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Truly the saddest part of it all. :gofig: