New bama recruits

Proud Tiger

Ok guys I made a mistake so bamapossum (BP) and BG get your panties out of a wad. The correct DB's name as pointed out is Kareem Jackson. I have made the correction in my original post. I would have done it earlier but I had to take my elderly aunt to the ER at 3:00am this morning and didn't realize my mistake until I saw the morning paper.

Having said that, I would note for BG and BP to know that the info I posted and the comments on both the QB's and Jackson were given to me last night from a bammer friend who had read it on a bammer board somewhere. Even the mistaken name he gave me was Maze not Jackson. Guess I should know better than rely on a bammer for factual info without validating it. My friend was not at all happy about the QB deal and said the guys on the board he was reading were not either. And he wasn't trilled about the DB either. So BP I will relay to my firend that his bro said to 'get the story "right."

I just think that Nick Saban's ability to judge talent may be better than Rivals or scout.

Call me crazy, but im pretty sure thats right.

Its not like Nick is having to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get kids to come to UA. Hell, even Mike Shula had a good class going before he was fired. I havent seen any film on Kareem, but Im guessing the kid has some talent. I have seen film on Nick Fanuzzi. He doesnt have the records that Marve has...but he's as good a QB. He throws a better ball and is a faster runner.

4 years from now I guess we will see.

I just think that Nick Saban's ability to judge talent may be better than Rivals or scout.

Its not like Nick is having to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get kids to come to UA. Hell, even Mike Shula had a good class going before he was fired. I havent seen any film on Kareem, but Im guessing the kid has some talent. I have seen film on Nick Fanuzzi. He doesnt have the records that Marve has...but he's as good a QB. He throws a better ball and is a faster runner.

I'm not saying Saban's an idiot for going after this kid. I'm just disputing that he got all the offers his coach said he did. Our coaching staff is saying they called him once. Maybe Saban got in on a diamond in the rough. We'll see.

And PT, for all your Bama recruiting belittling lately..BG if it were not for the mood I'm in at the moment, and having spent 4 hours in an ER this morning seeing the realities of life of having the importance of football and message boards put in their proper priority, I would say a lot more to you right now. I'll just let it go but do me one favor, can you point out another post(s) of mine where I have done "all the belittling of bama recruiting lately."

I thought youd like to know...Noel Devine is visiting this weekend.-- I wish you knew how much that thrills me. If it makes you happy to get a problem child that even Deion Sanders couldn't handle, then go for him. But it would be interesting to look back at all the comments lots of people (including yourself I think) made about other players like Clarett, Williams, etc., before you try to spin getting somone like Devine.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Not disagreeing with that assertion that this kid might turn out to be another Tyrone Prothro. He might very well be a great player by the time it's all over. Saban might be getting a steal.

But please stop with your outlandish claims of offers from schools such as Auburn that will somehow legitimize Alabama's offer of a scholarship.

Auburn offers scholarships to players whose only other offers are Troy and Tulane. Some work out well, some get a degree and become contributors to society, some wash out. It's a crapshoot.

Good luck to this kid. I hope he puts up huge numbers and loses every game of his college career.

True, Tig.

UGA beat out Southern and Grambling for Thomas Davis' services

Sometimes you find big diamonds and other times you find...um.....guys who just....well, you get the point

I know for a fact that this kid was not offered by us.

Remeber guys, Tubs built our program with lower tier guys.

If you're gonna flame Bama, at least get your story right.

Yes, Fanuzzi did decommit from Miami and commit to Alabama today. You got that one right. While you may call it spin doctoring by some, I see all fans do it.

I can tell you this, they are very different types of QB's. Nix's arrival at Miami and Applewhite's arrival at Alabama may be part of the reason for the flip-flop. Fanuzzi is a bigger, stronger, faster, and a smarter QB who is considered a dual threat. Marve is considered to be an accurate pocket passer. Both are from big time HS ball, and both have a lot of potential. Fanuzzi's father was a QB for Kentucky and his older brother signed with Texas Tech. His sister is also a pretty hot soccer player at Texas.

Marquis Maze is NOT from Fork Union. He is a HS senior at Tarrant who WAS committed to Michigan. He visited Alabama this last weekend. He says he will announce on signing day.

The kid from Fork Union is Kareem Jackson. Originally from West Point, GA, he has been at Fork Union. He was a Vanderbilt commit, but Burns was also recruiting him for Clemson. He has played both sides of the ball, but became a standout at Fork Union as a corner, which is probably what he is being recruited for at Bama. Not only did he accept a scholarship today, but he has already moved into his dorm and starts classes tomorrow.

You can't "FLAME" Bamar on an AUBURN site! :no:

:au::homer:

And PT, for all your Bama recruiting belittling lately..BG if it were not for the mood I'm in at the moment, and having spent 4 hours in an ER this morning seeing the realities of life of having the importance of football and message boards put in their proper priority, I would say a lot more to you right now. I'll just let it go but do me one favor, can you point out another post(s) of mine where I have done "all the belittling of bama recruiting lately."

I thought youd like to know...Noel Devine is visiting this weekend.-- I wish you knew how much that thrills me. If it makes you happy to get a problem child that even Deion Sanders couldn't handle, then go for him. But it would be interesting to look back at all the comments lots of people (including yourself I think) made about other players like Clarett, Williams, etc., before you try to spin getting somone like Devine.

BG.....patiently waiting for your response. B)

I dont have time to go back through all your posts in regards to what you've had to say about our recruiting.

But as far as the Noel Devine thing goes...you've got to be kidding. He's being recruited by every major program in the country. And has an offer from Auburn. You are just trying to put a negative spin on it incase we land a five star guy who you KNOW is talented. Auburn would take him in a heartbeat.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I dont have time to go back through all your posts in regards to what you've had to say about our recruiting.

But as far as the Noel Devine thing goes...you've got to be kidding. He's being recruited by every major program in the country. And has an offer from Auburn. You are just trying to put a negative spin on it incase we land a five star guy who you KNOW is talented. Auburn would take him in a heartbeat.

Link? The info I have does not show an offer to Devine, but it could be incomplete.

If you are going to make outrageous claims, I hope you are ready to provide backup.

Link? The info I have does not show an offer to Devine, but it could be incomplete.

If you are going to make outrageous claims, I hope you are ready to provide backup.

Rivals and scout only show the top 5 offers. I think Devine has like 40. I'm looking for the article I read last year...it said AU was one of his early favorites and they were one of the first to offer him.

Either way, you can't act like we are some shady program that is taking someone while selling our soul. Every team in the country would die to get this kid on campus.

I dont have time to go back through all your posts in regards to what you've had to say about our recruiting.--so once again you make a statement you can't back up with facts. What else is new?

But as far as the Noel Devine thing goes...you've got to be kidding. He's being recruited by every major program in the country. And has an offer from Auburn. You are just trying to put a negative spin on it incase we land a five star guy who you KNOW is talented. Auburn would take him in a heartbeat.---wrong again. Auburn scouted him and at one time was interested as were many other schools. But when some of his problems came to light, Auburn backed off, as others did also, and NEVER offered him a scholly. But it's a moot point.He ain't coming to bama.[/

Guest Tigrinum Major

Rivals and scout only show the top 5 offers. I think Devine has like 40. I'm looking for the article I read last year...it said AU was one of his early favorites and they were one of the first to offer him.

Either way, you can't act like we are some shady program that is taking someone while selling our soul. Every team in the country would die to get this kid on campus.

I don't know enough about his situation to form an opinion. Robert Dunn was a kid that many gave up on because of off field issues, but seems to have gotten his life squared away. Auburn took a chance and so far, its worked out.

Maybe Devine is the same type of person. Time will tell.

Tig, truth be told, I dont think Devine will ever make it to college. I hope he does. But he's got so many things surrounding him right now...I just dont see it happening.

I hope for his sake he can get things straightened out.

Unless his coach is a liar, he had 20 offers including Auburn, Clemson, and obviously Alabama.

We can always discuss Saban's ability to evaluate talent. He did ok with it at LSU.

I believe that the difference in the success that Saban had at LSU in running his program and what will happen at UAT is this: At LSU, HE ran his program. At UAT, HE will not. Which, in the long run may be best for bammer nation.--He will still be successful, I believe. But I don't see him having the influence and power that he is said to have garnered in Cajun country. I just don't see the powers that be giving up that influence -- no matter how much money Saban is making. I know our Lowder sure has had difficulty with it. These guys give so much money that they think that they should be able to run a state college just as they do their own private companies. And a lot of the time, they get away with it.

Also funny that Kareem had an OFFER from Auburn.

His coach said that every school that visited their combine offered Kareem. And that AU had been on the phone with him all day trying to get kareem to visit this weekend.

And if you watch Fanuzzi's video, you'll know hes good.

Got a link on that one?

Tig, truth be told, I dont think Devine will ever make it to college. I hope he does. But he's got so many things surrounding him right now...I just dont see it happening.

I hope for his sake he can get things straightened out.

I was wondering when THE truth would come out. My word from Bama sources say he will not qualify period.

I was wondering when THE truth would come out. My word from Bama sources say he will not qualify period.

Apparently he is about 100 points short on the SAT...and has progressed enough that he could go the prep school route.

Archived