SEC Tournament

greg6363

With today's loss in Oxford and a win by the Tide tomorrow, the Tigers would the #5 seed in the West. That would pit Auburn against the #4 seed East in the first game of the day on Thursday. Depending on the way things play out with Sunday's games, the #4 seed in the East will be Kentucky which is the worse possible opponent for the Tigers. Auburn does not match up well with the Wildcats and it most likely would be another blowout like the one in Lexington. We can only cross our fingers for a NIT bid. Very disappointing ending to the season.

How can this be a disappointing end of the season?

If I told you that we would have a 7-9 conference record, most would have told me I was a losing my mind at the begining of January.

This team is getting better and better each time out. I am happy with the progress so far.

0-5 against teams from Mississippi killed us this year.

Everybody returns next year; Tolbert and Prowell are the only significant players gone after two more years. We'll be okay.

0-5 against teams from Mississippi killed us this year.

Yeah, I agree. Only the Southern Miss loss and today's game were close though. The other games we were out played and beat by 10+.

With UT's win over UGA today, the Vols locked up the number 3 seed in the East and will face LSU thursday. It also means that UK is the 4 seed and UGA is the 5th seed in the East no matter the outcome of UF/UK tommorow.

If we are the 4th seed in the West (by virtue of MSU win tomorrow), we get a rematch with UGA who beat us by 6 at their place two weeks ago. If we are the 5th seed in the West (with a Bammer win tomorrow), then we'll be playing UK who beat us in mid January by 27 at their place.

I think a win over either team is big if we are to make a case for a home NIT bid. Moreover, if we were to go on a three day run (all the way to champ game) not only would we get 20 wins but we would have beaten either UGA or UK (both of which are SEC bubble teams) on a neutral court which would look good for us. Just a longshot, but the way AU has been playing the past two weeks I wouldn't put a tourney run past them. Either way, I am proud of the guys and they have shown a lot over this season. Looking forward to next year's team already.

How can this be a disappointing end of the season?

If I told you that we would have a 7-9 conference record, most would have told me I was a losing my mind at the begining of January.

This team is getting better and better each time out. I am happy with the progress so far.

"A disappointing end of the season." I did not say a disappointing season.

My point is the fact they had that game before the five point swing that clinched it for the Rebels. Yes, progress was made this year but you have to close out games when you have a lead in the closing minutes.

I'm hoping for a good showing at the Georgia Dome but the Tigers don't match up well with the Wildcats which is why I think it might get ugly if they have to play Kentucky in the first round. Let's hope 'Bama loses tomorrow since the #4 seed would play Georgia which we have a better chance against on a neutral court.

Archived