AU - Miss. St. game thread

TDAuburn

I'm surprised a thread hasn't been started... well, here's one. I don't see it on cable... is there a place to see it on the Inet for free? Thanks.

Edit... crap... does Ms. St. EVER miss a 3-pointer? 7 pt. St. lead.

Thats cause 1/3 of our shots have been blocked. Were shooting fine other than that. We will have to figure something out defensively though to get some stops.

Thats cause 1/3 of our shots have been blocked. Were shooting fine other than that. We will have to figure something out defensively though to get some stops.

Wait a minute mowegl... autkidd and I were having our own private discussion about this game. :)

You're right... we have to get a better look and hit the shots, and defence the dogs... somehow.

Our lack of an inside presence is really showing up tonight...we just can't handle Rhodes and Varnado down low. Those two have to be shooting about 80% tonight.

MSU may be the worst matchup for us in the entire conference...we held in about as long as we could.

How many dunks did they have? Yes we really didnt match up against them on defense. I think if we play like that offensively we can beat the rest of the teams on our schedule. We did a good job of getting O rebounds, protecting the ball, and shooting the ball against a very good defense team.

14 points?

Lost by 11 - 78-89

It is just amazing (or pathetic, depending on your outlook) to look at the SEC West standings:

* MSU 10-3

* Arky 7-6

* :au: 4-9

* Ala 4-9

* LSU 4-9

* Miss. 4-9

That's probably going to hurt MSU when it comes time for seeding.

If we can hold home court against SoCar and UGA, that'd put us in real good position to get that W3 vs. E6 game in the SEC tournament, which is crazy to think about, but possible.

It is just amazing (or pathetic, depending on your outlook) to look at the SEC West standings:

* MSU 10-3

* Arky 7-6

* Ala 4-9

* LSU 4-9

* Miss. 4-9

If we can hold home court against SoCar and UGA, that'd put us in real good position to get that W3 vs. E6 game in the SEC tournament, which is crazy to think about, but possible.

Something else that could hurt :msu: is the fact that they are not that good.

* MSU 10-3

* Arky 7-6

* Ala 4-9

* LSU 4-9

* Miss. 4-9

What seriously? State not that good? They have one of the top players in the country and PG. The best shot blocker in the country. A dominant big man. And a few role players that can knock down shots. I wouldnt be surprised at all if they do well in the tourney and their seeding will probably reflect that.

* MSU 10-3

* Arky 7-6

* Ala 4-9

* LSU 4-9

* Miss. 4-9

What seriously? State not that good? They have one of the top players in the country and PG. The best shot blocker in the country. A dominant big man. And a few role players that can knock down shots. I wouldnt be surprised at all if they do well in the tourney and their seeding will probably reflect that.

I'm not that impressed with them. I've watched them twice, in Auburn and in StarVegas, and besides Gordon they're week. Varando is a great shot blocker but Heramb had his way with him to the point Stansbury pulled him.

19-8 record is misleading. Miami Ohio, Clemson, So. Ill, Miami FL, and USA all beat them in the nonconf. Only one of those teams were ranked at the time. They also haven't beaten a ranked team all season and the SEC is rather week overall this year.

* MSU 10-3

* Arky 7-6

* Ala 4-9

* LSU 4-9

* Miss. 4-9

I'm not that impressed with them. I've watched them twice, in Auburn and in StarVegas, and besides Gordon they're week. Varando is a great shot blocker but Heramb had his way with him to the point Stansbury pulled him.

19-8 record is misleading. Miami Ohio, Clemson, So. Ill, Miami FL, and USA all beat them in the nonconf. Only one of those teams were ranked at the time. They also haven't beaten a ranked team all season and the SEC is rather week overall this year.

P.S.- Clemson and USA are locks for the big dance, and Miami is a bubble team depending on how they finish the season and ACC tourney. Those are not exactly bad losses. Personally I think Miss St has the looks of a team that can make a run at the SEC Tourney Title and/or a good run in the NCAA tourney. I think Vandy, Miss St, and UK have a better team make up than UT for tournament play. UT and Memphis are both missing the solid big man. Run and gun fast break teams almost always run into a methodical team with an inside presence that ends their title run. Same reason the Suns can't make a serious run at an NBA title. You have to be able to score inside and defend the inside to run the table in the tournament. Fast breaks and three point shooting eventually runs out of gas.

Archived