Great article on how the schools decide who gets tickets

AUgrad00

Did I read this correctly? Ticket prices going up again next year? Lovely. At some point, they are going to start pricing folks out.

Not surprisingly, Auburn's Tigers Unlimited donation levels are increasing next year, to $600 per seat in Orange, $400 per seat in Blue, and $235 per seat in Gray. The cost of the actual 2011 season ticket hasn't been set yet, but on a per-game basis will likely go up.

Don't we already have the highest ticket prices in the SEC?

Did I read this correctly? Ticket prices going up again next year? Lovely. At some point, they are going to start pricing folks out.

Not surprisingly, Auburn's Tigers Unlimited donation levels are increasing next year, to $600 per seat in Orange, $400 per seat in Blue, and $235 per seat in Gray. The cost of the actual 2011 season ticket hasn't been set yet, but on a per-game basis will likely go up.

Hey look at it this way RuninRed at least we are making money for the Cardinals. Cardinals season ticket holders had cracks at these tickets.

So if your an Auburn fan since Barfield era you may not can get tickets but a second year Cardinal season ticket holder can. Nice system

Sorry but Bowl games are the worst economic model for post season college football there is.

Hey look at it this way RuninRed at least we are making money for the Cardinals. Cardinals season ticket holders had cracks at these tickets.

So if your an Auburn fan since Barfield era you may not can get tickets but a second year Cardinal season ticket holder can. Nice system

Sorry but Bowl games are the worst economic model for post season college football there is.

I was referring to the cost of season tickets for next year.

I read your post wrong. Yes at some point people are going to get priced out. Its why I dont understand the support for a playoff system incorporating home stadiums that is free money waiting to be grabbed and thus increasing the budget while one would hope decreasing the need for

increasing ticket prices and student revenues.

To be honest I would imagine this increase has something to do with the building of the new arena which I get.

Whatever system they come up with when they next revise the BCS (and I'm not trying to re-start the playoff thread), they should require the championship game to be played in a stadium with >100,000 capacity. It won't happen, but it should.

It says that student tickets were weighted based on hours passed at Auburn. I currently have 231 hours at Auburn from undergrad and pharmacy school. Glad all those hours helped me get a ticket! :)

It says that student tickets were weighted based on hours passed at Auburn. I currently have 231 hours at Auburn from undergrad and pharmacy school. Glad all those hours helped me get a ticket! :)

Weighted, not guaranteed. It was still a lottery.

That's what I said...I got a ticket. All I'm saying is that I'm glad they did it that way since I have 231 hours (I've been at Auburn since Fall 2003 minus 1 spring semester between graduation and starting pharmacy school)

That's what I said...I got a ticket. All I'm saying is that I'm glad they did it that way since I have 231 hours (I've been at Auburn since Fall 2003 minus 1 spring semester between graduation and starting pharmacy school)

Sorry, I read in too much of a hurry and missed the end. I assumed you were griping about not getting one. Hope you enjoy the game!

The worst thing I see is 1500 for staff and 1500 for students. Having been both a student and staff member at Auburn, I know there are less than 10% as many staffers as there are students. Also, "students should get more anyway" is my thinking. I understand the need to satisfy big donors, but students should come first.

I'd guess the 500 for the band includes some support personnel and maybe two tickets for each band member. I don't have a problem with that, they sacrifice a lot throughout the season and endless hours of practice.

Every year it seems they raise the ticket price and/or the donation minimum. At some point, they will likely price me out. We travel from DC to games, so when you factor in flights, hotels and rental cars, game tickets are only the tip of the iceberg on the expense side of things. An increase in ticket prices also means it will increasingly become harder for us to sell the tickets we don't use. It's so frustrating.

500 for band members? Am I missing something because I dont think we have a 500 member band do we?

Correct, the band is roughly 380 members plus support staff takes it up to 400. But 500 seats for the band is small. They will be cramped. It takes more than a single seat for a tuba player and a drummer. The size of the instrument plays a big part in space. They would need 700 seats to be comfortable. I'm a former AUMB member, and we rarely have enough room on away trips.

500 for band members? Am I missing something because I dont think we have a 500 member band do we?

Correct, the band is roughly 380 members plus support staff takes it up to 400. But 500 seats for the band is small. They will be cramped. It takes more than a single seat for a tuba player and a drummer. The size of the instrument plays a big part in space. They would need 700 seats to be comfortable. I'm a former AUMB member, and we rarely have enough room on away trips.

I think the whole things sucks. AU is getting screwed. So is Oregon. While the city of Phoenix, the Cardinals, the Fiesta Bowl and John Junker are making a killing. To be honest I have travel plans but If I dont swing tickets from a reliable source for a decent price I have been speaking to in the next week I am about to say F it.

I mean im not sure how there isnt more outrage directed at the BCS and the Fiesta Bowl.

You do realize the Fiesta Bowl files non profit but the director last year (whose salary is at least $400,000 a year for running one exhibition game) is being investigated for having members of the bowl make political contribuitions

and then reimbursing those contributions.

students should have first priority then season ticket holders by priority.

And to the gentlemen who said the championship game should be in a 100,000 seat stadium last year it was and Alabama and Texas got all of 38% of the tickets. This season the two schools will combine for 45% of the tickets. Its still crap.

I would also add to the gentlemen's comments if we can play this in a 100k seat stadium I would rather play the damn thing in Tuscaloosa do a fifty fifty ticket split with Oregon and be done with it it. Even if Alabama is given 25% of the revenues.

I hate bowl honks.

They priced me out 2 years ago. After 15 years of being a season-ticket holder, I simply could not afford the (yearly) hike in donation requirements and ticket prices. Not to mention the shrinking parking situation and all the night games (too old to drive back to Atl. alone after midnight). I have been an Auburn girl for over 50 years and I will always love it, but I can no longer afford to support my Tigers in person. Those of you who are headed to AZ, scream your heads off and show the PAC-10 how it's done! I'll be screaming just as loudly at my TV. WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!

... the director last year (whose salary is at least $400,000 a year for running one exhibition game) ...

I hate bowl honks.

This doesn't invalidate your point, but in the interest of accuracy, he runs 3 bowl games: Insight, Fiesta, and NCG.

I share your sentiments.

The article fails to mention all of the student tickets that went unclaimed. Rather than keep running lotteries, the tickets that went unclaimed from the second student lottery were given back to Tigers Unlimited, so students definitely didn't get 1,500.

The article fails to mention all of the student tickets that went unclaimed. Rather than keep running lotteries, the tickets that went unclaimed from the second student lottery were given back to Tigers Unlimited, so students definitely didn't get 1,500.

Well, under those circumstances we can hardly hold the Auburn administration or the Fiesta Bowl responsible for students not claiming their tickets. It quickly become a problem of time remaining before the bowl game.

Well, under those circumstances we can hardly hold the Auburn administration or the Fiesta Bowl responsible for students not claiming their tickets. It quickly become a problem of time remaining before the bowl game.

It would be reasonable to have a second-chance lottery for unclaimed student tickets. The reality is that the bowls and the University care more about keeping donors happy than keeping students happy. That's capitalism at work, even in a not-for-profit environment.

Time remaining? Really? They would have no problem distributing tickets if they waited until Jan. 9.

Archived