2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

Oxford has a large/obnoxious bama base. Honestly I dont know of much big talent that has come from that school in recent years outside of Kwon. I wont go as far as to put a percentage on the population but the standing rule goes "if not bama then anywhere but AU". Apparently LSU should say thank you.

No, AU should be thanking Kwon for not coming. KA is one of the players Les Miles whose names he taped on the athletic dept. door for not doing the work he should to succeed. So thanks Kwon. Glad you chose LSWho.

Oxford is not a pipeline to UpDykeville. I don't know first hand but would think we have a shot at him.

WDE !!!

Did Kwon miss a work-out before the bowl game?...Yes.

Does that make Kwon a bad player, or a bad person?...No.

Kwon is better than any linebacker we currently have on roster... I still hate he chose LSU.

Doubt his name being posted was due to just one missed workout and Miles specifically included a reference to character issues. Apparently we did well to miss out on Collins too.

I still think we have a shot at Roc.

Les-Miles.jpeg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we have a shot a Roc too...

But... yes, he and several other starters, missed "one" morning work-out. Miles doesn't play favorites... he holds players accountable... and he won't hesitate to call people out!

If only he could learn clock management!

I refuse to get my hopes up for this kid. Been burned too many times. I will say that I would be absolutely ecstatic if we got him come NSD but that is a LONG way away

i live in oxford for the last 42 years this is not a bama town. maybe 55/45 bama. but wde hold its on. alot of the talent surrounding her goes to bama be it walk on or recuruit. people like winners and trend in that direction. the gus bus will get us back to winning ways asap! WDE!!!!! :wareagle:/>

I've been here 22 years (Oxford) and I agree with you. No worst than 55/45 lean to bama, and part of that comes because they have been winning so much in recent years. For what it's worth KA is a good kid. He may have misse3d a pratice but how many freshman has had a perfect freshman year. He's young and if that is the worst thing he does he will be fine. I wish we had him. He can be a force before he is done.

I just checked bama's roster and they have one guy from Oxford High, a long snapper named M.K. Taylor. I checked back a few years and I'm not seeing any indication of this pipeline. If someone would be so kind, throw some names at me, the guys from Oxford that went to bama. TIA

Jason Jack QB

Darius Gilbert OLB

Revy Higgins (never played)

Oxford has a large/obnoxious bama base. Honestly I dont know of much big talent that has come from that school in recent years outside of Kwon. I wont go as far as to put a percentage on the population but the standing rule goes "if not bama then anywhere but AU". Apparently LSU should say thank you.

Dude how many schools have the number OLB one year and 2 years later number 4 running back. Not to mention Trae Elston starting Safety Ole Miss, Micheal Flint decomitted from AU to go with Gus to Arkie St. Jimmy Newman Wake Forest, Jared Morse Vandy DT, Trent Simpson and Ulrich Jones both DE MIss St, one at Tenn forgot his name. I could go on with smaller colleges. Not to mention baseball recruits

No, AU should be thanking Kwon for not coming. KA is one of the players Les Miles whose names he taped on the athletic dept. door for not doing the work he should to succeed. So thanks Kwon. Glad you chose LSWho.

Oxford is not a pipeline to UpDykeville. I don't know first hand but would think we have a shot at him.

WDE !!!

Did Kwon miss a work-out before the bowl game?...Yes.

Does that make Kwon a bad player, or a bad person?...No.

Kwon is better than any linebacker we currently have on roster... I still hate he chose LSU.

Doubt his name being posted was due to just one missed workout and Miles specifically included a reference to character issues. Apparently we did well to miss out on Collins too.

I still think we have a shot at Roc.

Les-Miles.jpegMust not have mattered much he started bowl game caused a fumble

i would be willing to bet that everyone on this board from Oxford is an Auburn fan........ therefore, one might say there is a pretty big Tiger lean in Oxford........just saying..

:dunno:;D;):nanner:

55/45 bama is about right.

No, but you guys believe what you wish.

As another poster said, it's not just Oxford HS, but the area in general.

Heck, the state is at least 70/30 bama.

The fact of the matter is Bama is loaded at RB and doesn't seem to be pushing for him at all (at this point). AU is on him hard and he still has no favorite.

I have no doubt its majority bama. I can't turn around without a roll turd. But every few bammers i do see some auburn fans as well. Anyway, i will be watching him this year in hopes he winds up in o&b.

Roc Thomas has a top 2 of Auburn and UGA...not Bama as most AU fans have penciled him in for.

Roc Thomas has a top 2 of Auburn and UGA...not Bama as most AU fans have penciled him in for.

Wow that is shocking being from oxford and all. You think getting Pettway will effect his decision any? They seem like two different kind of backs. Gus and co are taking over!

Wow that is shocking being from oxford and all. You think getting Pettway will effect his decision any? They seem like two different kind of backs. Gus and co are taking over!

E, a similar question but I add a little more to it. I actually think Pettway, Roc, ans Chubb are all similar runners. They are all fairly big, strong runners not afraid to take on tacklers. They all have the ability to go the distance as well. I think all three of these guys are terrific. Would we take all three if they wanted to commit?

Thomas and Pettway would make for an excellent 1-2 punch. I believe the Pettway commitment will play little into what Racean does. He will be watching to see where he fits in best between AU & thUGA and next season will tell the tale. If I had to guess it would be thUGA. I believe one or both of Gurshall will leave as JR's. I really believe our backfield will be more crowded than the puppies two years from now.

As always...JMO TIFWIW.

E, a similar question but I add a little more to it. I actually think Pettway, Roc, ans Chubb are all similar runners. They are all fairly big, strong runners not afraid to take on tacklers. They all have the ability to go the distance as well. I think all three of these guys are terrific. Would we take all three if they wanted to commit?

To bootski..I do not expect Pettway to affect Roc since Pettway is projected more as a HB and short yardage back. To JFD. It looks like the coaches plan on taking 2 RBs. With that said it would be hard for the coaches to turn down all 3 IMO.the 3 RBs are not all that similar IMO. Roc is Caddy 2.0. Pettway's skill set and potential is more like Ronnie Brown in that he has great hands as a RB. He likely projects as a HB, and short yardage back in our offense but can definitely be the feature back if needed. Chubb has a 1 cut downhill run style that is perfect for our offense.

To bootski..I do not expect Pettway to affect Roc since Pettway is projected more as a HB and short yardage back. To JFD. It looks like the coaches plan on taking 2 RBs. With that said it would be hard for the coaches to turn down all 3 IMO.the 3 RBs are not all that similar IMO. Roc is Caddy 2.0. Pettway's skill set and potential is more like Ronnie Brown. He likely projects as a HB, and short yardage back in our offense. Chubb has a 1 cut downhill run style that is perfect for our offense.

That answers a question I had as well. I could definitely see a Thomas/Pettway or Thomas/Chubb even. I was just thinking Pettway and Chubb would noy likely go to the same school. We have seen crazier things though.

To bootski..I do not expect Pettway to affect Roc since Pettway is projected more as a HB and short yardage back. To JFD. It looks like the coaches plan on taking 2 RBs. With that said it would be hard for the coaches to turn down all 3 IMO.the 3 RBs are not all that similar IMO. Roc is Caddy 2.0. Pettway's skill set and potential is more like Ronnie Brown in that he has great hands as a RB. He likely projects as a HB, and short yardage back in our offense but can definitely be the feature back if needed. Chubb has a 1 cut downhill run style that is perfect for our offense.

E, thanks as always. I would love to have all three.

The RBs in the '14 class will be Freshmen when Mason, CAP and Grant are Seniors, so I fully expect us to take 3 RBs in '14, not 2, to replace those 3 Seniors. If one of the 3 Seniors has a great Junior year in '13 and leaves for the NFL early, it is even more reason to take 3 Freshmen in '14 to go along with Ford and Barber from '13.

'14 season:

(3) Seniors- Mason, CAP ,Grant

(0) Juniors- none

(2) Sophs- Ford, Barber

(3) Freshmen- Pettway plus 2

The RBs in the '14 class will be Freshmen when Mason, CAP and Grant are Seniors, so I fully expect us to take 3 RBs in '14, not 2, to replace those 3 Seniors. If one of the 3 Seniors has a great Junior year in '13 and leaves for the NFL early, it is even more reason to take 3 Freshmen in '14 to go along with Ford and Barber from '13.

'14 season:

(0) Juniors- none

(2) Sophs- Ford, Barber

IM70 - Agree 100%. I just don't see all three going to the same place but it would be SWEET! Man we would be sittin' pretty.

'14 season:

(0) Juniors- none

(2) Sophs- Ford, Barber

IM70 - Agree 100%. I just don't see all three going to the same place but it would be SWEET!

Yah, of the three RBs that people were mentioning earlier, as far as those 3 going to the same place, I think you are right.

'14 season:

(0) Juniors- none

(2) Sophs- Ford, Barber

like I said the coaches are planning on 2 RBs right now. If 1 goes pro this year then I say yes to 3. If not then we would have 8 scholly RBs on roster at the same time in 2014 if we take 3 in this class. There is not a scenario were I ever see us having 8 RBs on roster at the same time...especially given RB is the easiest position to transfer to from High School to college.

'14 season:

(0) Juniors- none

(2) Sophs- Ford, Barber

like I said the coaches are planning on 2 RBs right now. If 1 goes pro this year then I say yes to 3. If not then we would have 8 scholly RBs on roster at the same time in 2014 if we take 3 in this class. There is not a scenario were I ever see us having 8 RBs on roster at the same time...especially given RB is the easiest position to transfer to from High School to college.

I expect us to take 3.

Archived