2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

We have had good recruiting class since the championship on paper. Not to sure how much more of a bump these classes can get. What we need now is players to play and coaches to coach. Those stars don't translate into wins as I'm sure everyone knows.WDE

Well they definitely don't make it harder to win but great coaches produce great players consistently, great players don't produce great coaches consistently.

I disagree. Great players do make coaches look good. When you have somebody likle Cam in the back field it's easy to make plays work.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had good recruiting class since the championship on paper. Not to sure how much more of a bump these classes can get. What we need now is players to play and coaches to coach. Those stars don't translate into wins as I'm sure everyone knows.WDE

Well they definitely don't make it harder to win but great coaches produce great players consistently, great players don't produce great coaches consistently.

I disagree. Great players do make coaches look good. When you have somebody likle Cam in the back field it's easy to make plays work.

Looking good and being good are not always the same.

The production of the top ten recruiting classes of ND, FSU, and UGA over the past 10 years (except for last year for UGA and ND) disagrees with you. Having great talent plus having coaches that can fully develop players are equally important.

Really? That's interesting. So, if a player looks good he's not necessarily good? What, in your opinion, is it that makes a player good? Personally, IMO, if a player doesn't look good there might be a good reason for it and I do not believe what a coach tells a player will be the crucial element that makes all the difference. Great players make plays and the rest don't.

Really? That's interesting. So, if a player looks good he's not necessarily good? What, in your opinion, is it that makes a player good? Personally, IMO, if a player doesn't look good there might be a good reason for it and I do not believe what a coach tells a player will be the crucial element that makes all the difference. Great players make plays and the rest don't.

Dude you are so far off from what wAs said. I said great coaches make so-so players great. But that great plAyers don't make so-so coaches great. Did u even read my first post? I'm sorry if (pick one: your dog died/your girlfriend broke up/your wife left/your wife left with your girlfriend/you are just miserable) I really am. It will be okay. Meanwhile try to cheer up man.

Dude you are so far off from what wAs said. I said great coaches make so-so players great. But that great plAyers don't make so-so coaches great. Did u even read my first post? I'm sorry if (pick one: your dog died/your girlfriend broke up/your wife left/your wife left with your girlfriend/you are just miserable) I really am. It will be okay. Meanwhile try to cheer up man.

Oh, Im in exceptional spirits and to answer your question no I didn't read your 1st post. All I read was your comment that looking good and being good are not the same thing. I find that to be pretty funny. How would anyone be able to tell if a player was any good if that was the case?

Guys take it to PMs please.

Now on to Roc. From the department of TIFWIW, from the Bama side they are feeling Roc is ours to lose since the Bama staff has spent so much time trying to beat LSU for Fournette.

I hope Roc doesn't get caught up in the ole miss hype. With 10 or so months left until NSD I am enthusiastic. I believe; no I know we have some recruiters that can close.

Guys take it to PMs please.

Now on to Roc. From the department of TIFWIW, from the Bama side they are feeling Roc is ours to lose since the Bama staff has spent so much time trying to beat LSU for Fournette.

Apologies to the board. I am excited about this kid. if we show something this fall, next NSD will be interesting.

Man I hope the rumors are true. I usually find it a little annoying when we swing and miss on a 5 star guy and then land someone down the list a little and half of us fans are like "Well to tell the truth I always wanted this guy more anyway". Yeah, we're all happy to get what we got, but come on, we all wanted the number 1 guy. Anyway, this one time I have to say that IMO Roc is the best RB in this class and everyone else can have the few backs that are higher rated right now. He's the back that I want and the news that he may be leaning our way is really exciting.

Man I hope the rumors are true. I usually find it a little annoying when we swing and miss on a 5 star guy and then land someone down the list a little and half of us fans are like "Well to tell the truth I always wanted this guy more anyway". Yeah, we're all happy to get what we got, but come on, we all wanted the number 1 guy. Anyway, this one time I have to say that IMO Roc is the best RB in this class and everyone else can have the few backs that are higher rated right now. He's the back that I want and the news that he may be leaning our way is really exciting.

Mine as well to this point, there are other good backs but he is #1.

I said it before and I'll say it again, AU fans are setting themselves up for a big disappointment, if they think Roc is coming to AU. Just not going to happen.

That said, AU will score a few talened backs before this recruiting cycle is up.

I am now excited about Adam Choice (Thomas County Cenral HS, GA) as well. They are a little different though.

RIPTIDE - Any particular reason you don't think he comes to AU other than the obvious?

I am now excited about Adam Choice (Thomas County Cenral HS, GA) as well. They are a little different though.

RIPTIDE - Any particular reason you don't think he comes to AU other than the obvious?

I'm from the Oxford area and it's well known he is a big bama fan. Lots of bama pressure in those parts too. I could see him going out of state before he comes to AU.

Basically, our only chance to get him is, if Bama doesn't take him and he doesn't fold under pressure like Alexander did with LSU. JMO

And I agree on Choice.

Well E was thinking that maybe thUGA goes after Roc and we take Chubb or something similar. I want a back that can go to the house with it.

Well E was thinking that maybe thUGA goes after Roc and we take Chubb or something similar. I want a back that can go to the house with it.

Yes, that would be a good deal right there.

I'm honestly not worried about Malzahn getting top notch players to run this offense. We will get them and it's Roc's loss, if he doesn't come here. He would be very successful in this system.

I think that of all the highly rated running backs for this class, Choice is the one we are going to get--and I'd be fine with that.

Outdated. I would be surprised if Chubb does not pick UGA.

Outdated. I would be surprised if Chubb does not pick UGA.

Yeah looks like he is about to pull the trigger. I wouldn't be worried if we wound up with Choice. I still want Roc though.

If we're in the business of conceding the best RB in Alabama to either UAT or "anywhere but Auburn" we've still got a serious, serious problem. Hopefully, that's not the case. We'll see in February.

If we're in the business of conceding the best RB in Alabama to either UAT or "anywhere but Auburn" we've still got a serious, serious problem. Hopefully, that's not the case. We'll see in February.

We are still new offense, but I agree with your emotion on it. Bama has shown the way for RB to succeed in college all the way to the NFL. We have not as of recent. We need to get it back, I just hope our RB recuits love history of college football and are not taken by what has happened recently.

If we're in the business of conceding the best RB in Alabama to either UAT or "anywhere but Auburn" we've still got a serious, serious problem. Hopefully, that's not the case. We'll see in February.<br />

I never thought I would say these things about a Mikey post but :bow:tumblr_lti76f3mvn1r4ghkoo1_500.gif

AMEN!!! Wasn't it AUBURN that used to be known as "Running Back U?"

Archived