2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

I'm probably done posting in this section and probably wont post much anymore period. Other than the Practice updates and wired for sound, if anyone posts anything positive about Auburn its met with immediate slap down. I'm not talking about over the top sunshine pumping but dang. I didnt know 1 bad year means we have to pack in the excitement. As for Roc. I hope he comes to Auburn and has some marginal success and helps win a few games. Hope that was reserved enough for y'all.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm probably done posting in this section and probably wont post much anymore period. Other than the Practice updates and wired for sound, if anyone posts anything positive about Auburn its met with immediate slap down. I'm not talking about over the top sunshine pumping but dang. I didnt know 1 bad year means we have to pack in the excitement. As for Roc. I hope he comes to Auburn and has some marginal success and helps win a few games. Hope that was reserved enough for y'all.

I know what you mean. I posted my opinion on the other board last week and got hammered by an individual. But he had over 21,000 posts so I guess he knows a hell of a lot more than me about Auburn topics. :drippingsarcasm7pa:

I know what you mean. I posted my opinion on the other board last week and got hammered by an individual. But he had over 21,000 posts so I guess he knows a hell of a lot more than me about Auburn topics. :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Nobody has been hammered in this thread. We all have different opinions on things and are free to express them. Now let's try this again. Back to Roc.

Roc now has a committable offer from bammer. He can commit to them anytime, if he wants to. That hasn't been the case up until now.

Sigh....

Did you expect the top RB in the state to NOT get an offer from UAT? So what? We better be signing a whole bunch of players that have committable offers from the turds. If we can't do that we're in trouble.

Roc now has a committable offer from bammer. He can commit to them anytime, if he wants to. That hasn't been the case up until now.

Sigh....

Did you expect the top RB in the state to NOT get an offer from UAT? So what? We better be signing a whole bunch of players that have committable offers from the turds. If we can't do that we're in trouble.

Still an uphill battle instate for Auburn. Just how it is, especially with Roc growing up a HUGE bammer fan and going to a bammer ridden HS. AU does not have to win instate recruiting to get back to prominence. We have to pry top 10 talent from GA, FL and a few top tier goes from outside of the region. That has always been AUs recruiting recipe for success.

Nobody has been hammered in this thread. We all have different opinions on things and are free to express them. Now let's try this again. Back to Roc.

I know. I said the "other board". Now, back to Roc.

If you don't worship or acknowledge the opinions of the "connected individuals" then your opinion is devalued. Just keep posting and if u feel its gets personal just pm for clarification ....as for Roc - looking at the depth chart between the schools recruiting him, IMO AU gives him the best opportunity to play early....

If we all agreed all the time it would be pretty dull. Keeping Roc out of tuscaloser is going to be tough. We have the staff to do it though. KK hit the nail on the head. It would be suicide to rely on in-state kids that have turd offers as well. Not saying we don't put up a fight but the real prizes lay to the East and the South.

If you don't worship or acknowledge the opinions of the "connected individuals" then your opinion is devalued. Just keep posting and if u feel its gets personal just pm for clarification ....as for Roc - looking at the depth chart between the schools recruiting him, IMO AU gives him the best opportunity to play early....

Nobody's opinion is devalued. At least not in my eyes. I apologize if I made posters feel otherwise.

Now as for Roc, we may not get him but Auburn does have 1 advantage that Roc did say will play a big role in his decision. Potential playing time.. Bama will be 8 deep at RB in front of Rock as of Right now. Auburn will be at worst 5 deep. Now when you factor Tre and CAP will be seniors and Grant and Ford are exclusives to the speed role then the depth looks better at Auburn at worst behind Barber.

I don't think we can do worse than 40-60 vs bammer on contested players and have a successful program. From Pat Sullivan, Bo, Caddy, Fairley, on up to our current excellent center Dismukes, many of the lynchpins of successful Auburn teams have been players that we beat UAT for.

Nobody said we should limit our recruiting to this state, but we have to get our share of contested players if we are to compete. Getting Roc Thomas would be a good step in the right direction.

I don't think we can do worse than 40-60 vs bammer on contested players and have a successful program. From Pat Sullivan, Bo, Caddy, Fairley, on up to our current excellent center Dismukes, many of the lynchpins of successful Auburn teams have been players that we beat UAT for.

Nobody said we should limit our recruiting to this state, but we have to get our share of contested players if we are to compete. Getting Roc Thomas would be a good step in the right direction.

Exactly what Malzahn is thinking and that is why probably for the first time in Auburn history every on field coach has a recruiting territory in Alabama they are asigned to along with their out of state territories.

what are the in state territory assignments? I assume Craig is Mobile area, but what are the other areas?

You have a PM. Anyone else who wants to know PM me.

The REC "bagman" was seen purchasing a coon-skin hat this morning.

What was our bagman purchasing? ;D

The REC "bagman" was seen purchasing a coon-skin hat this morning.

What was our bagman purchasing? ;D

Hopefully some property for which to place a moate around Mobile!

He also said that the crowd really impressed some of the recruits. I was really down about missing the game myself. I wanted to do my part! Lol.

Archived