Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

First post!

I'm a recent fan - my husband graduated from Auburn last year with his PhD and I fell in love with the spirit and camaraderie of the fans, so I latched onto AU football fiercely. We both recently moved (him from Auburn but originally from TN, me from NJ/NYC) to VA for his new professorship, and surprisingly our new apartment complex has many AU grads so we fit right in!

We are both a bit largely disappointed with this game, so I came here to mostly moan, yet still hold hope the second half will be very different.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First post!

I'm a recent fan - my husband graduated from Auburn last year with his PhD and I fell in love with the spirit and camaraderie of the fans, so I latched onto AU football fiercely. We both recently moved (him from Auburn but originally from TN, me from NJ/NYC) to VA for his new professorship, and surprisingly our new apartment complex has many AU grads so we fit right in!

We are both a bit largely disappointed with this game, so I came here to mostly moan, yet still hold hope the second half will be very different.

War Eagle, and welcome to the boards. I just moved up to the NJ/NYC area, and there's no Auburn presence up here that I've found (been here less than a month, though). But, hey -- we won the game!

First post!

War Eagle, and welcome to the boards. I just moved up to the NJ/NYC area, and there's no Auburn presence up here that I've found (been here less than a month, though). But, hey -- we won the game!

I can help you out with that! If you find yourself in the city for any game forward, head to St. Pat's Bar and Grill (22 W 46th St) - it's the new home of the NYC Auburn Club, and the LSU game will be their first game there. There will be TONS of people there for the game, it's a crazy fun atmosphere for the NYCAubClub events. Definitely catch up with them (New York Auburn Club on facebook), they have tons of events and get-togethers.

First post!

I can help you out with that! If you find yourself in the city for any game forward, head to St. Pat's Bar and Grill (22 W 46th St) - it's the new home of the NYC Auburn Club, and the LSU game will be their first game there. There will be TONS of people there for the game, it's a crazy fun atmosphere for the NYCAubClub events. Definitely catch up with them (New York Auburn Club on facebook), they have tons of events and get-togethers.

Thanks!

I don't remember if I have ever posted in this thread but here it goes...

Growing up, I never cared about football or any sport.I knew of Alabama & Auburn but could not tell you what conference they were in or who they played..

In the fall 2004 I went to my 1st high school football game(the last game of the season in my Junior year) & I loved it! I attended all the home games in 2005. In 2006 I started watching college football(especially since my high school had been closed so no high school football games for me..). That year I only watched Auburn & Alabama games(not their bowls because I did not even know they were in a bowl or what a bowl even was), & the national championship game between Florida & Ohio State. The next year I watched Alabama, Auburn, & Florida games. I did not care too much about Florida but I figured they were the champs so, I'll watch. I believe those are the only teams games I watched in 2008 too.. 2009 onward I was more open to watching other teams games.

• 4 months later...

Name is Todd from Athens,Al graduate of 1983. Loved AU my whole life and always will! War Eagle Baby!!!

• 2 weeks later...

After reading all the responses here. I should be the oldest and biggest cur.

Born in Biloxi, Miss and all my relatives are Ole Miss and MSU fans. The first college football game I ever attended was In Jackson, Miss.

I was raised as a military brat and have lived in three foreign countries and about 12 different states.

AUGolf should get a kick out of this: Graduated from Goose Creek High school played football and basketball for them and Stall High School in Charleston

Attended and and graduated from the University of South Carolina with a degree in Electrical Engineering. (hated Clemson day one) But I really didn't have any ties to USC other then it was cheaper to go to school in-state and that's were we lived at the time. I had scholarship offers in Basketball from schools like College of Charleston, Francis Marion and the Citadel (This one was never considered by me. See Military brat info. above) Walked on and made the freshmen team in 1970 but work load and basketball were to much. Claim to fame: Guarded Bobby Cremins alot. Not much call for 6' 4" power forward not named Charles Barkley.

Moved to Alabama to work in TV. Became associated with Jim Fyffe and started freelancing doing the Auburn coaches show and some practice and game production. What happened to me was you could not work with Jim without becoming an Auburn fan. The constant pressure was to much to bear! The other defining factor was after comparing the fans bases. (UA and AU) It was then a no brainer for me. I also worked some for UA's coaches show (Bear Bryant). I have been really lucky freelancing. I have done SEC basketball games for TBS, NFL games, Blue Grey game in Montgomery, NASCAR, NHL, Boxing for HBO, and the Olympics in Atlanta.

I am currently Director of Engineering for four TV stations and try to get to as many games as I can. Even though none of my kids attended Auburn. One child had a baseball scholarship in Georgia. Another son was on academic at South Alabama (Mech. Engineering). I still have one shot left. All are Auburn fans though!

Oh my lord A Goose Creeker. Was your Dad on subs/Navy? Son you have quite the resume.................

Call me golf its easier

Golf,

My father was in the Air Force and long ago there was a Air force base in Charleston. We were stationed there three times.

My youngest son is in nukes in the Navy and his tech school was in Goose Creek. I went to his graduation there and was totally lost by the changes. My high school was about two miles from the base.

To the guy from above from Greenville, Mississippi. I am related to Brents, Browns, Lambs and Murphys in that area.

Golf,

I use to play basketball up in Prattville and one youngster I played against was a kid named Chip Powell.

He ended up walking on at Auburn and actually started at CB under pat Dye. To this day, I find it amazing because i could outrun him.....

Golf,

I use to play basketball up in Prattville and one youngster I played against was a kid named Chip Powell.

He ended up walking on at Auburn and actually started at CB under pat Dye. To this day, I find it amazing because i could outrun him.....

I remember Chip darn good CB for his size

Mike name is Mike. Grew up in Marion and graduated from AU in 76. I grew up an Auburn fan and even ushered as a scout beginning in the early 60's watching Jimmy Sidle and Tucker Fredrickson. Currently living in Valdosta.

• 2 months later...

Graduated from Auburn 82, Wife 78, Masters 81, one son in 2011, another in 2012, baby son is in law school @ LSU but his loves Auburn Tigers.

Made our home in Auburn since graduation and plan to always keep home there. Spend most of our days in Mexico Beach Fl. now. ( Where everyday is almost as much fun as Gameday in Auburn.)

• 2 months later...

My name is Dave.  I was born in Birmingham, reared in Huntsville, received BSEE from Auburn in '69, MSEE in '70, and have lived in Forth Worth, Texas since leaving Auburn.  I only recently discovered this site and am always eager to hear any news about Auburn.  I am a big fan of all college sports but have always lived for college football.  I've become a huge college softball fan ever since coach Myers was hired and it looks like our men's basketball is going to reach/exceed the heights it achieved during the Sonny Smith days.  It's so nice that we have so much college sports on TV nowadays.  When I first moved to Texas I would sometimes have to drive 150 miles and rent a motel room so I could pick up the Southeast game of the week being telecast from Shreveport.  Thank God for ESPN and for the SEC Network!  War Damn Eagle

• 3 months later...
On 8/22/2016 at 8:52 AM, dave69 said:

My name is Dave.  I was born in Birmingham, reared in Huntsville, received BSEE from Auburn in '69, MSEE in '70, and have lived in Forth Worth, Texas since leaving Auburn.  I only recently discovered this site and am always eager to hear any news about Auburn.  I am a big fan of all college sports but have always lived for college football.  I've become a huge college softball fan ever since coach Myers was hired and it looks like our men's basketball is going to reach/exceed the heights it achieved during the Sonny Smith days.  It's so nice that we have so much college sports on TV nowadays.  When I first moved to Texas I would sometimes have to drive 150 miles and rent a motel room so I could pick up the Southeast game of the week being telecast from Shreveport.  Thank God for ESPN and for the SEC Network!  War Damn Eagle

I just now saw this. Howdy from another member of AU's class of 1969! My degree is in Agriculture. I stayed at AU on the research staff there until 1976, after which I took a position with the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture and stuck with that until retirement. War Eagle right back at ya'!

• 1 month later...

I grew up in Greensboro, lived in Auburn three times over the last 50 plus years, and now in College Station, TX. I am the product of two AU grad parents and I graduated from Auburn in 1975. My sisters, son, and daughter are Auburn grads, too.

• 8 months later...

My name is Jake. My wife is Kimberly and my son Joshua is 5. Auburn fan all my life. Attended Auburn in 95. Did not finish at Auburn . Graduated from Wallace St Hanceville al. . Work for Att in Cullman al since 99. Have always loved this board. WDE forever!

3 hours ago, jptiger said:

My name is Jake. My wife is Kimberly and my son Joshua is 5. Auburn fan all my life. Attended Auburn in 95. Did not finish at Auburn . Graduated from Wallace St Hanceville al. . Work for Att in Cullman al since 99. Have always loved this board. WDE forever!

Welcome jp

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Brandon. I am from Attalla, AL, and Etowah High School, home of ML Brackett, Patrick Nix, Reggie Worthy, and Carnell Williams (to name a few), as well as several players for the bad guys. My dad graduated from Auburn in the early 70s. He started buying season tickets and taking our family to football games when I was 5 years old. The Bible does talk about training up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Over the years, I have been to nearly 190 football games (both regular season and bowls), been to countless SEC basketball tournaments, and been as far as Omaha, NE, to watch the baseball team in the College World Series.

I am currently living in Guatemala City, Guatemala, working with orphans and will soon begin partnering with a pediatric surgery center here. I still make it to at least one game every year. War Eagle!

12 hours ago, AUtildeath said:

My name is Brandon. I am from Attalla, AL, and Etowah High School, home of ML Brackett, Patrick Nix, Reggie Worthy, and Carnell Williams (to name a few), as well as several players for the bad guys. My dad graduated from Auburn in the early 70s. He started buying season tickets and taking our family to football games when I was 5 years old. The Bible does talk about training up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Over the years, I have been to nearly 190 football games (both regular season and bowls), been to countless SEC basketball tournaments, and been as far as Omaha, NE, to watch the baseball team in the College World Series.

I am currently living in Guatemala City, Guatemala, working with orphans and will soon begin partnering with a pediatric surgery center here. I still make it to at least one game every year. War Eagle!

I currently live in Gadsden and know many that played with Cadillac.  

Your occupation sounds exciting and rewarding.

War Eagle!

Super short version would be that I currently am in Panama City Beach, FL.

Both my parents graduated from Auburn, my dad was a civil engineer for the college, and we lived there for the first nine years of my life. I was sold on Auburn football when I turned 11 and actually started understanding the game. It also happened to be the season where our boys went undefeated and Cadillac Williams stole my heart lol.

Archived