Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

Wow. Just found this thread, but my name is Matthew, and I live in Albany, GA. I first got attracted to AU because of the colors, and when you're 5 blue goes great with anything. I am, I guess what you would call the black sheep in my family. The rest of my family members are thUGA fans. They like the braves, I like the dodgers. I am a huge sports fan, and I love to have a good discussion about anything AU. Just from experience, the members of this site are great( even Golf) and this is the best AU sports site on the net. :we:

Well that explains alot live in god forsaken Albany. Oh and by the way you can leave anytime you want to ............pleaseeeeee

Nah, I'll stay. You will just forget me for a while. ;D

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jrljr

Just noticed this thread. My father is fro Phenix City and attended AU. He had family in Alex City and Dadeville as well. (We purchased a place on Lake Martin in Dadeville that took a good bit of Storm Damage last year. Thank God we weren't there that weekend!!) I attended AU as well in '89/'90 before transferring to GA Southern. Have two Great schools to pull for now. Our family has been in Electrical Contracting in ATL since 1917.

In 1995 I met my ex-wife at Game 2 of the world series, our first date was game 5 when Braves clinched. The kicker is that she is a uat alum. We actually handled the football thing okay it was just the rest of her in-bred family I couldn't handle.

I love Auburn University and especially AU football but have many fond memories of "The round mound of rebound" and "The Rifleman" as well. 

I bleed O&B and cried like a baby when we won it in '10. i mostly cried for my Dad who brought me up and Auburn fan and the fact that he was able to attend the game. I love this Board!!! AE is the best hands down. I get a little opinionated at times but try to remain calm.

WDE!!!  :aufb:  :beatmullet:

Hello everybody!

I've been here for a bit, but just now have made it to this thread.

I'm originally from the Huntsville area, and was raised an Alabama fan -- which didn't stick as you can tell.

I had no interest really whatsoever in football as  teenager and was really angry when I found out I was moving to Auburn my sophomore year of high school ( I even used its football team as a deterrent for my poor Crimson loving father). I remember, watching to policemen jumping up and down in an embrace as we got to re-kick the LSU extra point in 2004 (the year I moved.) I was bewildered at the time! I remember the day I became an Auburn fan... It was the 2005 Georgia game, a loss. I had spent all day pounding beer and then finalluy actually watched the game and saw the whole town, and room, emotionally invested in the game and the ups and lows. Then we lost. Everyone kind of had their moment of silence, but then we all collectively kind of picked ourselves up, and went on with the night. It was one of the best nights of my life, and I've said War Eagle ever since. Also, I'm still living in and contributing to Auburn.

War Eagle.

Payton.

Once again just found the thread.

I live in between Destin, Fl. And Fairhope, Al. 

Hard to explain.

My father was born in Camp Hill, Al. Just a small

ride just northeast of Auburn. He is a lifetime Auburn

fan and has worked for the university on a small scale

in the past.

My mother is alumni earning her degree in the mid 70s.

although me and my father have never attended the university

We are probably some of the biggest auburn fans you could meet.

He grew up idolizing Tucker Fredrickson and I Bo Jackson.

Although I hardly post I check for new interesting threads everyday.

I guess you could call me a lurker. I dont mind.

:we:

Once again just found the thread.

I live in between Destin, Fl. And Fairhope, Al. 

Hard to explain.

My father was born in Camp Hill, Al. Just a small

ride just northeast of Auburn. He is a lifetime Auburn

fan and has worked for the university on a small scale

in the past.

My mother is alumni earning her degree in the mid 70s.

although me and my father have never attended the university

We are probably some of the biggest auburn fans you could meet.

He grew up idolizing Tucker Fredrickson and I Bo Jackson.

Although I hardly post I check for new interesting threads everyday.

I guess you could call me a lurker. I dont mind.

:we:

Thanks for posting Tigersin10. Welcome to AE and post often, that's a cool story

• 1 month later...

I just noticed this thread and thought it was pretty neat.

My name is Cory and I am from Niceville, Florida (10 min from Destin). I am about to be a super senior at Auburn this upcoming fall. I have no family connections to Auburn, but since I began attending Auburn my whole family has fell in love with the place. I visited Auburn for the first time in 2005 when evacuating for a hurricane. It was the first college campus I had ever seen and I remember thinking all colleges were this way until I checked out in state schools like FSU and UF and realizing I was sadly mistaken. Been an Auburn man ever since I first set foot in this town, just knew it was the place for me. I also have a long time girlfriend that just graduated from Auburn this past spring. My younger brother (who was blessed with far more athletic ability than I was) is about to be a freshman in highschool and we hope that he can kick/punt for Auburn in a few short years. War Eagle!

I just noticed this thread and thought it was pretty neat.

My name is Cory and I am from Niceville, Florida (10 min from Destin). I am about to be a super senior at Auburn this upcoming fall. I have no family connections to Auburn, but since I began attending Auburn my whole family has fell in love with the place. I visited Auburn for the first time in 2005 when evacuating for a hurricane. It was the first college campus I had ever seen and I remember thinking all colleges were this way until I checked out in state schools like FSU and UF and realizing I was sadly mistaken. Been an Auburn man ever since I first set foot in this town, just knew it was the place for me. I also have a long time girlfriend that just graduated from Auburn this past spring. My younger brother (who was blessed with far more athletic ability than I was) is about to be a freshman in highschool and we hope that he can kick/punt for Auburn in a few short years. War Eagle!

Great story Iron_chin_chiz. Welcome to AE and post often. Damn your young

Thanks golf. Yes I am pretty young and from reading around on this site, I have gathered you are a bit more seasoned than I am. I won't hold it against you like others on here do though  ;)

Thanks golf. Yes I am pretty young and from reading around on this site, I have gathered you are a bit more seasoned than I am. I won't hold it against you like others on here do though  ;)

Just a tiny bit

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw thread. My Dad grew up in Bham in 70s very loyal to AU in those rough years. Made unpopular decision to go to auburn, met my mom there and I am the product of the two who love everything about AU. Huge AU fan, most notorious for my rabid obsession with all things AU. Heard about the site from one of my dads friends, rarely feel need to post but really enjoy all the conversations and information and think this is a fantastic site.  I'll be a student at auburn fall of 2013 (and maybe finally get inside information to post instead of my opinion). War eagle

Just saw thread. My Dad grew up in Bham in 70s very loyal to AU in those rough years. Made unpopular decision to go to auburn, met my mom there and I am the product of the two who love everything about AU. Huge AU fan, most notorious for my rabid obsession with all things AU. Heard about the site from one of my dads friends, rarely feel need to post but really enjoy all the conversations and information and think this is a fantastic site.  I'll be a student at auburn fall of 2013 (and maybe finally get inside information to post instead of my opinion). War eagle

Welcome, 94

I'm a member of that student section gettin' wild, class of '14 or maybe longer if I plan on getting my Masters.

From Montgomery currently living in Daphne. Baldwin County is far better, by the way. My great aunt Blue was an AU alum. I actually still have her limited record of the 17 -16 game given out to Alumni donors. 4,416 if I remember correct. My brother is a grad with Civil Engineering degree. I graduated from AUM (partied too much to make main campus) and my fiancee graduated with an Exercise Science degree in 2009. Her little brother is currently attending striving for a Chemical Engineering degree. I grew up an Auburn fan and for some reason the 1993 season may be my favorite. I think it is because of the radio. I listened to every game. Being 12 that year and imagining how each play looked rather than viewing games on TV gave me my own personal account. No one will ever see that team and season the way I did. Those plays are my own. War Eagle!

Just came across this thread.

I am originally from Winfield.  I have been an Auburn fan my entire life.  Graduated in '08 with my B.S. in Biomedical Sciences and in '11 with my M. Ed in Biology.  Married my wife while I was in grad school.  We loved the area so much we stayed and live in Opelika.  Also we just added our first addition to the family with our little girl seven weeks ago. 

Hello all and war eagle! i'm from nashville, tn. i currently attend auburn and am majoring in actuarial sciences. i grew up as a big meeechigan fan. when i went on my first campus visit to auburn i knew instantly that it was the place for me.  :zapbama:

I wonder if he will still like numbers by the time he finishes his degree...  :dunno:

I don't think I ever posted on this thread myself:

Grew up an Auburn fan going to most home games every year.  Graduated 2011 in Chemical Engineering.  Now in Houston working for a software company (and rooming with 3 arrogant Aggies whose SEC dreams we MUST crush this October).

Also, I sat by Wade Christopher in class for a year.

I wonder if he will still like numbers by the time he finishes his degree...  :dunno:

Grew up an Auburn fan going to most home games every year.  Graduated 2011 in Chemical Engineering.  Now in Houston working for a software company (and rooming with 3 arrogant Aggies whose SEC dreams we MUST crush this October).

Must have been magical. welcome to AE CT

hopefully i will still like numbers after im done

sort of new....been lurking a couple of years but usually followed Habotn......so now I am looking for a new home to talk about AU!

I really was a War Eagle Girl from 1975-77.  That's when I really learned to love Auburn.  Back then the hostesses did everything....worked the press box during games, gave tours of the school and worked at the Coliseum during recruiting visits talking to recruits and their families.  Seems like now there are lots of other groups that do things that I gave up a lot of time to do while I was in school.  I graduated from AU in Aug 1977 so you see I never knew real winning during the Barfield years.

I came from a UGA family.  My uncle was on the Board of Trustees there so he was none to happy when I came to Auburn.  Of course, I had been accepted to Ga Tech to study architecture and so that was bad enough.  My mom had a friend who was an Auburn grad and so she invited me to come to the GaTech/AU game and I fell in love with the small town of Auburn instead of HotLanta! So I applied and the rest is history!  I think that's why I always loved the Wreck Tech Parade!

I have been married 34 years to an AF man and we are retired in the Gump.  Now my daughter  is a grad and married to an AU grad and my son just graduated.  I am a kitchen and bath designer that just started my own business this year after working for someone else the last 10 years.

All the years moving around the world in the AF we always bought season tickets and had someone sell them for us trying to get seniority and then they went and changed how they sold tickets. C'est la Vie!  So I do love me some football but do prefer to win!!  I went to the BCSNG cause I didn't know when I would ever get to do that again!  Brings tears to my eyes every time I watch a replay.  I will discuss things but I am not serious fanatic about how the plays are run.  Just enjoy watching!

War Eagle!

Archived