Rick Kelly from ESPN

Autiger695

Rick Kelly (whoever that is) wrote this article linked below which is basically saying two things 1) who cares who Boise plays because they win (funny how this week is the first time I've ever heard reporters say such a thing) 2) Auburn is not deserving to be ranked above Boise, nor is Oregon because Boise beat them LAST YEAR...this is just plain ridiculous. First Herbstreit went on Gameday Final and changed his tune from the weeks before and babbled his way through faulty logic while praising Boise (even though he admitted they play nobody), and now this piece of trash of an article. Its no secret ESPN picks teams to push (and clearly they are giving Auburn alot of press right now), but this Boise thing this week is just ridiculous. I have always liked to watch Boise since the days of Dan Hawkins...but now I find myself really hoping they lose to North Nobody State just so these kinds of articles cease to be written.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5725597

It does not matter if we are #1 now or not.  We have to win out to go to the big dance.  If we were #3 now, after we beat Georgia and then Alabama, then an SEC CG, we'd be #1 anyways.

So right now that #1 doesn't mean a dang thing.  Win out or go home.  That fact will stand regardless.

Guest simonsez

ESPN feels they can affect the outcome of the polls.  I believe they do to some extent.  They obviously want Boise to play for the crown.  I dont really care who the opponent is.  Boise will be the awesome one-game team that they always are but their O and D lines wont be able to hold up against our O and D lines.  Fairley will have Kellen Moore crying for mommy.

I'd love nothing more than to win out and get Boise St in the title game. What a freaking joke that would be. These talking heads would be eating htere words in the worst way.

Look Boise St schedules one to two BCS schools for their out of league schedule....SEC teams schedule two WAC type teams for their out of league schedule. There is no comparison and yes Boise St has assembled a fine team just not a true tested team. Can they beat a top tier team here and there yes. herbie says Boise can beat any team on a neutral site...LOL...Guess what when we play the Bama's. Floridas, LSU's we don't get to play them on a neutral site year in year out. Its ridiculous the argument they use however, when Auburn only wins by 3 or 7 than there is something wrong with Auburn....LOL

Rick Kelly (whoever that is) wrote this article linked below which is basically saying two things 1) who cares who Boise plays because they win (funny how this week is the first time I've ever heard reporters say such a thing) 2) Auburn is not deserving to be ranked above Boise, nor is Oregon because Boise beat them LAST YEAR...this is just plain ridiculous. First Herbstreit went on Gameday Final and changed his tune from the weeks before and babbled his way through faulty logic while praising Boise (even though he admitted they play nobody), and now this piece of trash of an article. Its no secret ESPN picks teams to push (and clearly they are giving Auburn alot of press right now), but this Boise thing this week is just ridiculous. I have always liked to watch Boise since the days of Dan Hawkins...but now I find myself really hoping they lose to North Nobody State just so these kinds of articles cease to be written.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5725597

All Auburn has to do is adjust their schedule.

Here is a sample of what AU's 2013 schedule could look like:

Erwin High School

@ Hoover High School

Spain Park High School

@ Hewitt-Trussville High School

Huffman High school

Leeds High School

Pell City High School

@ Vestavia High School

Oak Mountain High School

Tuscaloosa county High School

Clay Chalkville MIDDLE School (Homecoming)

@ Homewood High School

Boom! Now AU's schedule is comparable to BS's

Archived