La'el Collins

Rabern57

I can tell you now....if NSD was today, I would have Collins signing with AU. It appears that he will visit again in January. If he does, then things could be looking very good for AU.

Wow.. thats crazy! Thanks ST! I never would have thought we would even have a shot and doing that!

We have a GREAT shot right now. Things get heavy down in the Bayou but things look good for AU right now

Its AUsome to hear how optimistic you are about Collins. I haven't been....  I've heard reports of him calling all the LSU commits together for a meeting and all kinds of things. Maybe its to see who is interested in switching to AU?  :thumbsup:

It's going to take a lot to get him to continue down the path he is going on (signing with AU) because it's a very long time until NSD. Needless to say, things are looking good.

I know you're probably not allowed to say too much, but can you give us an idea of what it is that has him so interested in Auburn?  Coaches, atmosphere, early playing time?

Coaching staff, winning, playing time and Greg Robinson

I'm sure the current questions about LSU's future sanctions can't hurt

Yeah but I don't think that's too much of a factor at this point.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

& T-Reed!

Woulda been better if he had of not gotten banged up and gotten that early PT, but the OL depth issue is obvious such that Collins is smart enough to know that he'd come in and get early PT.

I hope you all are right, but I'll trust my source on this one.

:laugh: I'll trust mine too

I can tell you now....if NSD was today, I would have Collins signing with AU. It appears that he will visit again in January. If he does, then things could be looking very good for AU.

We have a GREAT shot right now. Things get heavy down in the Bayou but things look good for AU right now

Wow.. thats crazy! Thanks ST! I never would have thought we would even have a shot and doing that!

Its AUsome to hear how optimistic you are about Collins. I haven't been....  I've heard reports of him calling all the LSU commits together for a meeting and all kinds of things. Maybe its to see who is interested in switching to AU?  :thumbsup:

It's going to take a lot to get him to continue down the path he is going on (signing with AU) because it's a very long time until NSD. Needless to say, things are looking good.

I know you're probably not allowed to say too much, but can you give us an idea of what it is that has him so interested in Auburn?  Coaches, atmosphere, early playing time?

So does that mean we project G Rob at Guard and Collins at Tackle ST?

So does that mean we project G Rob at Guard and Collins at Tackle ST?

I wouldn't say that. They are both very versatile.

and like I've said many times, ST has shot down the notion of Greg choosing us because of Collins being at LSU. Greg probably wants La'el to be a part of this class as much as we do. 

and like I've said many times, ST has shot down the notion of Greg choosing us because of Collins being at LSU. Greg probably wants La'el to be a part of this class as much as we do. 

I'd say more so; it's one thing to have a good friend from home playing wide receiver, it's quite another to have one in your position group with you.

and he speaks.. :laugh: thanks for the update ST!

interview with La'el.

I watched that earlier. He makes it pretty clear LSU is where he wants to be. Personally I would put the chances of him signing elsewhere in the 0% range

interview with La'el.

Yeah, "the Fam" is SO tight-knit that his OWN HS teammate decided that he no longer wanted to be a part of it!  :P

interview with La'el.

Yeah, "the Fam" is SO tight-knit that his OWN HS teammate decided that he no longer wanted to be a part of it!  :P

The Fam. :laugh:... When he said he visited AU and USC and the recruits weren't close or tight with each like The Fam, I knew we had zero chance of him coming here. Also I wondered how he would know how tight our recruits are with each other if he had never visited AU before and had been an LSU commit for months.

What ever though, can't sign them all.

interview with La'el.

The Fam. :laugh:... When he said he visited AU and USC and the recruits weren't close or tight with each like The Fam, I knew we had zero chance of him coming here. Also I wondered how he would know how tight our recruits are with each other if he had never visited AU before and had been an LSU commit for months.

He DID actually visit back in the fall.

interview with La'el.

Well that explains why we are going after CK then.

Still think we have a good shot w/ Collins.

BTW lets not get bammerish by saying someone is better if they are looking elsewhere, although Westerman is amazing. Just don't want to have the if-he-isn't-going-here-player-x-is-better-anyway thing we say about other schools. But I do want guys who want to be here, but if they don't fine, have fun till you play us!!!

:we:

Still think we have a good shot w/ Collins.

BTW lets not get bammerish by saying someone is better if they are looking elsewhere, although Westerman is amazing. Just don't want to have the if-he-isn't-going-here-player-x-is-better-anyway thing we say about other schools. But I do want guys who want to be here, but if they don't fine, have fun till you play us!!!

:we:

I dont think we have any shot with Collins. He's one of LSU's most solid commits, and was just taking one of his visits. And the statement that he would try to make it in January, I believe, didnt come from him but rather Jeremy Hill. Collins never said he'd visit again on a UV

Collins is a better prospect than Westerman. Let's not get carried away here. With that being said, Westerman is still one of the best in the nation and will be a great lineman at the college level.

It was my belief that Auburn's heavy pursuit of Collins ended when Greg committed to Auburn and until I get different information I'll stick to that. Robinson, Dismukes, O'Reilly, and likely Westerman is one hell of an OL class. Add that to last year's haul and we're going to be set for quite a few years to come.

Archived