Recruiting Is Almost Done for AU.

aun

We're playing for a NC. We should have more than 13 commits. I dont care how many silents we have and i think i have good reasoning for that. Im just not excited that we're expecting 12-14 commits on NSD and during the all star games. You would think a team that got only 5 commits during that time would be thrilled but we're expecting 14! This has to be the strangest recruiting strategy ever for a no.1 team playing for a NC. Im expecting alot of backup guys to get an offer late.

Perhaps you should re-read this thread, from the beginning.  :dunno:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're playing for a NC. We should have more than 13 commits. I dont care how many silents we have and i think i have good reasoning for that. Im just not excited that we're expecting 12-14 commits on NSD and during the all star games. You would think a team that got only 5 commits during that time would be thrilled but we're expecting 14! This has to be the strangest recruiting strategy ever for a no.1 team playing for a NC. Im expecting alot of backup guys to get an offer late.

Very good points. I can't imagine that the coaches aren't a little worried right now. They are making a huge gamble by holding on to these so called "silent commitments."

However, I'll have my dvr set for the all-star games and if we do get that many verbals on national tv I'm throwing a party.

Very good points. I can't imagine that the coaches aren't a little worried right now. They are making a huge gamble by holding on to these so called "silent commitments."

However, I'll have my dvr set for the all-star games and if we do get that many verbals on national tv I'm throwing a party.

There is no gamble. It is a GENIUS marketing and exposure move.

There's a very good chance we steal a few commits from other schools too.

Also, I expect to see 2-4 commits announce for AU at each all-star game.

Imagine the impact on other recruits to watch AU in the NC game and then see top recruit after top recruit put on an AU cap all on national TV.

That will create an amazing buzz for Auburn.

You guys don't think this staff can pull that off?????

:believe:

There's a very good chance we steal a few commits from other schools too.

Also, I expect to see 2-4 commits announce for AU at each all-star game.

Imagine the impact on other recruits to watch AU in the NC game and then see top recruit after top recruit put on an AU cap all on national TV.

That will create an amazing buzz for Auburn.

You guys don't think this staff can pull that off?????

:believe:

Actually the recruits will be doing their all star game announcement thing before the NCG. They are on the 5th and 8th this year.

We cannot take Shinn bc there is not enough room.

We do no know that yet Chad. There are 4 or 5 spots left. Shinn could be one of them.

Hey guys I'm hanging on by a thread here.I need more details.someone tell me to chill.cause I'm kinda suprised at the approach.HELP PLEASE.

We cannot take Shinn bc there is not enough room.

We do no know that yet Chad. There are 4 or 5 spots left. Shinn could be one of them.

I wish we would but i do not see it happening unless something drastic changes. I certaintly don't want to see him at nammer  :banghead:

What is with all the panic? Do you think that AU can't fill a class? What is the difference between a silent commit and a public one? Nothing other than the people that NEED to know do and we will find out later. Public commitments are no more concrete than a silent one. Both types can change at any time. RELAX! It's all good!  :we:

Why on earth would they be worried? They know exactly who they have committed or likely to commit. If they were worried you'd be hearing about us extending offers to lower to middle tier 3 stars recruits and below. A silent commit is no more of a gamble than a public one, players change schools all the time. A silent commit could likely be even safer because their is less pressure for the commit to change their mind.

At any rate, Auburn has 13 commits and has 6 4 stars recruits (Therezie, Florence, Roberson, Frost, Wright, and Bray) that are pretty much sure things, with another 4 in Robinson, Fulse, Drew, and Mason that we have very good shots at. It's possible we may have to go with backup plans to get to a full 25, but that goes for most schools. We did it last year when we had a top 5 class. so not sure how it is any different this year.

And DO4, current years on the field success has diddly to do with current year recruiting. Players have already got their top 2-3 schools chosen well before we were even halfway through this current season. This season will pay huge dividends for next years recruiting class however. You can already see it in the large number of top 2012 recruits showing extreme interest in us. 2012 is also a year with huge talent as far as recruits goes, so that could be huge for us. I'd personally be fine with only taking 21-22 recruits this year if it made it so we can take the full 25 in 2012, that year is just such a talented class overall and particularly in AL.

People really need to adjust to the world of big time recruiting, some players commit early, the rest commit late for the most part. Georgia has 16 commits, Florida 17, LSU 18. We'd be right there with them numberswise if we hadn't cut Gaulden and Lanier loose.

I hope you have hard evidence and aren't just gullible. I have no sources and I see how recruiting is doing from a public's view. Right now the public perception is pretty bleak. However, like I said before if we pull 10 or more commitments at allstar games that would be amazing. 

There is no gamble. It is a GENIUS marketing and exposure move.

Why on earth would they be worried? They know exactly who they have committed or likely to commit. If they were worried you'd be hearing about us extending offers to lower to middle tier 3 stars recruits and below. A silent commit is no more of a gamble than a public one, players change schools all the time. A silent commit could likely be even safer because their is less pressure for the commit to change their mind.

At any rate, Auburn has 13 commits and has 6 4 stars recruits (Therezie, Florence, Roberson, Frost, Wright, and Bray) that are pretty much sure things, with another 4 in Robinson, Fulse, Drew, and Mason that we have very good shots at. It's possible we may have to go with backup plans to get to a full 25, but that goes for most schools. We did it last year when we had a top 5 class. so not sure how it is any different this year.

And DO4, current years on the field success has diddly to do with current year recruiting. Players have already got their top 2-3 schools chosen well before we were even halfway through this current season. This season will pay huge dividends for next years recruiting class however. You can already see it in the large number of top 2012 recruits showing extreme interest in us. 2012 is also a year with huge talent as far as recruits goes, so that could be huge for us. I'd personally be fine with only taking 21-22 recruits this year if it made it so we can take the full 25 in 2012, that year is just such a talented class overall and particularly in AL.

People really need to adjust to the world of big time recruiting, some players commit early, the rest commit late for the most part. Georgia has 16 commits, Florida 17, LSU 18. We'd be right there with them numberswise if we hadn't cut Gaulden and Lanier loose.

Nice post!

I think we take Bray AND Mason, quite honestly, and I think we get either Crowell or Calloway as the "big back". I expect Bray to be in addition to the two regular running backs we take this year.

As for the question between Crowell and Calloway, I do think we'll get one of these guys, and I'm guessing it will be Calloway. Call it a hunch, but I think Crowell goes to UGA and Calloway seizes his opportunity to play offense at AU.

Not sure where all the talk about Shinn is coming from. We need help in the defensive backfield, not at receiver. (On that note, I was thinking that we'll have Adams, Blake, Benton, and Reed next year, plus Goodwin, Kitchens, and of course Lutz...wanna talk about a dynamic passing attack?)

Still think we take Drew.

Jeremy Richardson went to junior college, and will be a 2012 recruit.

Expect to see either a JUCO guard or Collins sign to provide immediate help on the interior line next year.

Calloway certainly could be lured away if we want him at rb.

In the past Auburn's class was close to full at this time because we were settling for solid players with potential instead of going after the big dogs. A lot of the big Dogs want the show of signing at All Star Games or the suspense of NSD. 

Because we are dealing with this level of talent we will have to wait. I believe we will get most if not all of who we want and I don't know who but these coaches will find one unexpected jewel. A player that we won't know how good our coaches are at evaluating talent until his Sophmore or junior year. This is a feeling not based on any inside knowledge.

:we:

Great post Agree 100%

WDE

WERE NOT GETTING SHINN !!!!! OR CROWELL... BUT ALMOST LOCKS IMO FROST, WRIGHT,G. ROBINSON, ROBERSON, THEREZIE, FLORENCE          ALL AUBURN

WDE

Please don't yell at me.

;D

DID I MISS SOMETHING, WHOSE YELLING ITS A COMPUTER THERES NO TALKING ?

I think we take Bray AND Mason, quite honestly, and I think we get either Crowell or Calloway as the "big back". I expect Bray to be in addition to the two regular running backs we take this year.

As for the question between Crowell and Calloway, I do think we'll get one of these guys, and I'm guessing it will be Calloway. Call it a hunch, but I think Crowell goes to UGA and Calloway seizes his opportunity to play offense at AU.

Not sure where all the talk about Shinn is coming from. We need help in the defensive backfield, not at receiver. (On that note, I was thinking that we'll have Adams, Blake, Benton, and Reed next year, plus Goodwin, Kitchens, and of course Lutz...wanna talk about a dynamic passing attack?)

Still think we take Drew.

Jeremy Richardson went to junior college, and will be a 2012 recruit.

Expect to see either a JUCO guard or Collins sign to provide immediate help on the interior line next year.

Calloway certainly could be lured away if we want him at rb.

He seems to be a great athlete.  I wish we'd give him a shot at RB...plus it would pull him from Bama :)

WERE NOT GETTING SHINN !!!!! OR CROWELL... BUT ALMOST LOCKS IMO FROST, WRIGHT,G. ROBINSON, ROBERSON, THEREZIE, FLORENCE          ALL AUBURN

WDE

Please don't yell at me.

;D

DID I MISS SOMETHING, WHOSE YELLING ITS A COMPUTER THERES NO TALKING ?

Using caps in a message board like you are doing is considered yelling.

What is with all the panic? Do you think that AU can't fill a class? What is the difference between a silent commit and a public one? Nothing other than the people that NEED to know do and we will find out later. Public commitments are no more concrete than a silent one. Both types can change at any time. RELAX! It's all good!  :we:

this

Before anybody starts saying the previous didn't recruit well, be reminded that they recruited almost every starter on this team, excluding Cam, Dreyer, Brandon Mosely. Maybe a few more but not many. Fairley was originally signed by the Tubberville staff and placed in a junior college. All the linebackers. All of the starting receivers, etc.

Archived