Are we focused and practicing for the BCSNCG?

Gulf Breeze Tiger

I read daily about the practices being held by Oregon and their team focus, but there has been little to no news about Auburn practices.  Can anyone give updates on our focus and preparations?

I read daily about the practices being held by Oregon and their team focus, but there has been little to no news about Auburn practices.  Can anyone give updates on our focus and preparations?

Why are you reading Oregon news and not Auburn news?

That's the point.....there is no Auburn news to read about practices and focus.  Correct me if I am wrong.  I have seen comparisons of our O-Line and D-Line vs, theirs and now Malzahn news about Maryland, but once again nothing about our practices or focus. 

Then you haven't been paying attention very much.  We practiced 4 times before Christmas and got back on the field today.

We have the only coach who has coached in, and won, a BCS National Championship game.  I'll trust he knows what to do with the 37 days off.

What are you talking about? Of course we are practicing and focused.  I just got in from practice. 

I spent three straight hours alternately sitting and standing in preparation for my performance in Glendale.  Now I'm off to do film study. Got to plot the route to the airport.

Later tonight I'm going to run some packing drills to make sure I don't forget anything in my bags. 

Focused. Practicing. We are.

What are you talking about? Of course we are practicing and focused.  I just got in from practice. 

I spent three straight hours alternately sitting and standing in preparation for my performance in Glendale.  Now I'm off to do film study. Got to plot the route to the airport.

Later tonight I'm going to run some packing drills to make sure I don't forget anything in my bags. 

Word^^^

Its all about timing...peaking at the right time if you know what I mean.  CGC knows how and when to peak this team.  Don't forget that he's been in this position before.  Pull the reigns back until the home stretch.

Now, if you are really that bored, do what I do...watch the DVR of all the games this year.  Just finished the LSU game...again!  And we won...again!

Patience, grasshopper...patience.

If it will help you sleep better .... in an article posted on rivals tonight Chizik said the focus was there and that it was probably one of the better practices we've had so far. He said the game is getting closer and that means reality sets on, meaning better focus, and in his opinion it was a very productive day.

He also said that even with the media focus on this team and this "game of a lifetime" that he wants them to balance the need for hard work and the need to have fun.

I hope you're doing those vocal chords exercises.  I don't want to hear any slipshod cheering from the AU fans out there.

It will be a total crying shame if we lose this game due to losing any of our coaching staff prior to the NC. I have a lot of respect for CGM, but if he up and leaves prior to the NC, this will hurt no matter what is said. Do I think we still could win this game? yes I do, but a distraction of this magnitude hurts and there is no way to avoid that. If CGM does decide to take the Maryland job, all I ask of him is to keep it under wrap until the NC has been played and then do this. I will cool down soon even if I have to go outside in 9 degree weather for an hour or two. I thought we were through wilth all of the coaching change crap for a while. My bad men..... It will be a better day tomorrow!

WDE!

Doc

It will be a total crying shame if we lose this game due to losing any of our coaching staff prior to the NC. I have a lot of respect for CGM, but if he up and leaves prior to the NC, this will hurt no matter what is said. Do I think we still could win this game? yes I do, but a distraction of this magnitude hurts and there is no way to avoid that. If CGM does decide to take the Maryland job, all I ask of him is to keep it under wrap until the NC has been played and then do this. I will cool down soon even if I have to go outside in 9 degree weather for an hour or two. I thought we were through wilth all of the coaching change crap for a while. My bad men..... It will be a better day tomorrow!

WDE!

Doc

Even if he takes a head coaching position elsewhere, he will be coaching in the national championship game. Period. No ifs, no ands, no buts.

Actually, I think someone asked him this about the Vandy job, and he said he would have still coached in that game. If you remember, he coaches Tulsa's bowl game after accepting the position here, and that one was a slightly smaller stage...

Gus needs to decide what he wants to do, interview for jobs at second tier schools, or concentrate on getting the best game plan together to beat Oregon. If he takes another job after agreeing to a huge contract extension just a few weeks ago, then personally I don't think he should be on the sidelines for the BCSCG.

Gus needs to decide what he wants to do, interview for jobs at second tier schools, or concentrate on getting the best game plan together to beat Oregon. If he takes another job after agreeing to a huge contract extension just a few weeks ago, then personally I don't think he should be on the sidelines for the BCSCG.

Wha..........

I nominate this for "Comedy Post Of The Month".  You have to be joking!????

:laugh:

Wha..........

I nominate this for "Comedy Post Of The Month".   You have to be joking!????

:laugh:

Ya pretty silly post indeed. pfft Malzahn hardly needs to prove himself to anyone in his commitment and dedication to the team.

I agree.Even talking with another school 2 weeks before the title game is not the right thing to do IMO.

If he wants to go the UM,let him go now.

This will really hurt recruiting if CGM jumps ship a month out from NSD.There has got to be a better way of leaving.

But,I think he stays FWIW :laugh:

I hope the players are studying the Ducks like they are us....All we have is nothing but distractions.  Gus, grades,

etc...like cannot we just focus on the Ducks 24-7.  I am sick of all this media distractions and about our players

I wish CGC would just put an end to this.  Gus could easily say he will not entertain any coaching job till after

the NC game, but he lets it drag on......sick of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for record... there is a thread for Gus already. Just sayin :thumbsup:

I have read a few articles with CGC saying all is well and the focus ( :-X) is there.  :laugh:

Relax people!!!!  Is this your first year to be a college football fan?  This type of thing happens every year.  Assistant Coaches are interviewed for Head Coaching jobs.  Head Coaches are interviewed for other Head Coaching jobs.  This is the time of year these things happen.  Schools looking for new Head Coaches want to at least have the Head Coach in place three to four weeks before NSD to try to shore up their recruiting class.  We just happen to have one of the "hot" names on our staff right now.  Yes, the timing is bad for us but there is nothing that can be done about that.  

I can assure you that CGM is as dedicated to this team and to the preperation for this game as any coach on our staff or any other staff.  He wants this National Championship as much as anybody.  He will be on our sidelines January 10th, no matter what happens, doing his absolute best to help this team win it all.  

And, in my opinion, he will be back next year.  I don't think he gets offered the Maryland job.    

Sorry Mod this is by no means my first year to be a college fan, but it is my first NC game, and I am concerned!

Just another ballgame to prepare for. And yea I know it is the MNC. Still, just a game you have to focus on and prepare for. This team all year has been able to focus on what is at hand with tremendous distractions going on all season. I see no reason for that to change. As Mod said; this is nothing new in football and I`m sure our staff is prepared to handle it. Malzahn will handle whatever happens as professionally as possible because that is what he is all about. Same for Coach Chizik. These two gentlemen are as professional as they come in coaching.

Auburn is very focused. As focused as they have been all year.

Archived