2015 3* JUCO DT Jonathan Taylor (Alabama signee)

madmoney123

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kid needs a second chance. Just don't think AU is that chance. We all make mistakes no matter how big. We all deserve a chance at redemption

I agree that he needs and should get a 2nd chance. However there are consequences to our actions and he is having to pay for them. I hope he changes his life and makes something of himself.

If he visits, we are interested. All the message board platitudes in the world won't change that. And unlike most of you, I'd need to know the details of the assault before I black-listed the kid. Is this behavior consistent with other behavior in his life or was this a one-off deal? What did the girl do or say leading up to the assault? A girl has made me irrationally mad before (and no one would describe me as an angry person), and although I've never touched her in that anger, I understand how a woman's words can affect a guy. If the kid is a thug who consistently uses force when he is upset, then no way we should take him. But I'm ok with it if he's a good friend and teammate who got into a bad relationship.

If he visits, we are interested. All the message board platitudes in the world won't change that. And unlike most of you, I'd need to know the details of the assault before I black-listed the kid. Is this behavior consistent with other behavior in his life or was this a one-off deal? What did the girl do or say leading up to the assault? A girl has made me irrationally mad before (and no one would describe me as an angry person), and although I've never touched her in that anger, I understand how a woman's words can affect a guy. If the kid is a thug who consistently uses force when he is upset, then no way we should take him. But I'm ok with it if he's a good friend and teammate who got into a bad relationship.

So you're able to justify a 340 pound man punching and choking a woman. That's pretty f***ed up.

He was also arrested in the check deal that happened last Spring. Last thing we need is a guy that has been arrested twice in less than half a year.

Hoping Auburn stays away from this one.

Not a good look to even offer this guy. Our d-line depth takes a huge hit after this year, so we'll see how much Gus values winning over character. As posted before me, this is way different than getting busted with marijuana or anything similar to that, especially in light of recent events in the football world.

I, for one, am thinking Gus would take him. Short-leash, second chance Nick Marshall gets in trouble and nothing happened. He gave Mike Dyer another chance after he volunteered his gun for a home invasion in addition to multiple failed drug tests at AU. Some will be sensitive to my comments, but it is actually the reality up till this point.

Counter argument; he kicked off one of the safeties when he first got to AU for marijuana related issues and also sent Ricky Parks packing after he almost made his way back on the team.

Marmot, I'm going to stop you short from blaming the lady. It doesn't matter what she said. Frankly, given their size disparity, if she did anything short of pulling a knife or gun on him, he had no excuse. She could hit him with all her might, and he'd barely feel it.

Not a good look to even offer this guy. Our d-line depth takes a huge hit after this year, so we'll see how much Gus values winning over character. As posted before me, this is way different than getting busted with marijuana or anything similar to that, especially in light of recent events in the football world.

I, for one, am thinking Gus would take him. Short-leash, second chance Nick Marshall gets in trouble and nothing happened. He gave Mike Dyer another chance after he volunteered his gun for a home invasion in addition to multiple failed drug tests at AU. Some will be sensitive to my comments, but it is actually the reality up till this point.

Counter argument; he kicked off one of the safeties when he first got to AU for marijuana related issues and also sent Ricky Parks packing after he almost made his way back on the team.

Yep and I believe that safety led our team in tackles the year before.

Wow. I didn't really need to read this. It doesn't matter what someone does to make you mad....you have to be strong enough to just walk away. There is never an excuse to hit.

I have had women make me really mad too but there is never ever ever a reason it's ok to hit a women. You just walk away. Easy or not that's what you do. And now that everyone knows what the consequences are they better learn to check themselves because the Ray Rice deal has raised a lot of awareness and the punishments are only going to get worse. Auburn needs to steer clear of this kid. No matter what the reason it would be a huge black eye for us if we take him.

When asked about this type of situation, Gus stated clearly "You don't go there." So as I said earlier, Gus has spoken and I'm not sure why our own fans would continue to entertain it as a possibility.

When asked about this type of situation, Gus stated clearly "You don't go there." So as I said earlier, Gus has spoken and I'm not sure why our own fans would continue to entertain it as a possibility.

Exactly. I see it as a non issue.

But we were fully prepared to "go there" prior to the recent NFL s***storm, so in reality, this new change in position (if it even sticks) seems highly PR dictated. I'm not going to pretend that just because the subject is now extremely taboo that Gus and company need to be applauded for their valiant stance.

I have had women make me really mad too but there is never ever ever a reason it's ok to hit a women. You just walk away. Easy or not that's what you do

Gender bias is hilarious.

There are lots of reasons to hit a woman, You think a woman can't physically harm you? Ronda Rousey could probably beat down the majority of guys on this forum if she wanted to. Go to a bar, you think some crazy b*** can't bottle you? It happens all the time. What are you going to do? "Walk away" LOL? I've personally seen a drunk sloot swinging a high-heel at a guy on the street...can you comprehend how much damage that has the potential to cause?

This has nothing to do with this case, but that exact overplayed logic you just spat out has given thousands of women the idea that they can go around doing whatever they want without consequence. It is a complete joke, and it trickles all the way down to the justice system which 9 times out of 10 will give a slap on the hand to a woman for committing the same assault that a man would get serious punishment for.

As in all cases, the individual needs to be judged fairly by the circumstances. If Gus and his staff feel that this was an abnomolly and that circumstances escalated, give the man an extra chance.

As in all cases, the individual needs to be judged fairly by the circumstances. If Gus and his staff feel that this was an abnomolly and that circumstances escalated, give the man an extra chance.

Gus ain't running Auburn University....and you can bet that any other prospective student with that on his record would not be admitted. Who knows what's an anomaly for a guy this age....might just mean it was the first time anyone complained about him. Let him get an honest job somewhere for a year or so and show good work habits, keep himself out of trouble and then maybe we can give him a second chance. Giving some guy a second chance because he says he is sorry and won't do it again....what BS.

JMO but the athletic department is not doing the rest of Auburn's students any favors by bringing kids with criminal histories onto the campus.. We don't need these kinds of students at AU. This isn't "holier than thou"....this is just common sense which seems to be lacking among some folks posting on this site.

Before it gets out of hand lets not insert Rush L into the conversation. All post so far have been ok but we all know it can/will get out of hand.

thanks

golf

I was just pointing out that we got slammed on a nationally syndicated radio show over this. If I was gonna make it a talking point of politics I would have said it in a different manner lol.

But we were fully prepared to "go there" prior to the recent NFL s***storm, so in reality, this new change in position (if it even sticks) seems highly PR dictated. I'm not going to pretend that just because the subject is now extremely taboo that Gus and company need to be applauded for their valiant stance.

I heard rumors, but nothing concrete that we were recruiting him. Are you basing this on more than just those rumblings?

Gus ain't running Auburn University....and you can bet that any other prospective student with that on his record would not be admitted. Who knows what's an anomaly for a guy this age....might just mean it was the first time anyone complained about him. Let him get an honest job somewhere for a year or so and show good work habits, keep himself out of trouble and then maybe we can give him a second chance. Giving some guy a second chance because he says he is sorry and won't do it again....what BS.

JMO but the athletic department is not doing the rest of Auburn's students any favors by bringing kids with criminal histories onto the campus.. We don't need these kinds of students at AU. This isn't "holier than thou"....this is just common sense which seems to be lacking among some folks posting on this site.

And what is Junior College except everything you asked for? Do you know specifics that we don't?

Archived