JOX COVERAGE OF BCSCG

17-16

Did anyone ever mention before??? ...  that we need an AU-based network of radio stations in the state...

Just 1-more example of why...

Also, I find it interesting that they would be interested in selling out to somebody else...

Jim Dunnaway is going because he is also the Sports Director for CBS 42(probably not on WJOX dime). Al Delgreco would probably be going anyway. Paul Finbaum is going because he has more of a Network that extends beyond WJOX. This is not a big commitment from JOX.

Jim Dunnaway is going because he is also the Sports Director for CBS 42(probably not on WJOX dime). Al Delgreco would probably be going anyway. Paul Finbaum is going because he has more of a Network that extends beyond WJOX. This is not a big commitment from JOX.

This is my thought as well. Dunkaway and Finebammer are going on CBS and FOX's dimes respectively. ADG is going on his own. I think by what Haney meant that they would be broadcasting from out there was really a, "yes, ADG will check in with us from time to time via his cell phone."

Did anyone ever mention before??? ...  that we need an AU-based network of radio stations in the state...

Also, I find it interesting that they would be interested in selling out to somebody else...

WAPI 100.5 is the only pro Auburn station in the state outside of Auburn

funny cause WAPI is owned by the same company as WJOX FM and AM

Why would you want or care if Jay Evans did his show, the Opening Bowel Movement from Glendale? He might be in Glendale, but he will probably be carrying Sara's bags. :laugh: :laugh:

funny cause WAPI is owned by the same company as WJOX FM and AM

Thank you. I get so sick of AU and UAT fans whining that this media outlet or that medial outlet is pro one school or another.

You guys remember F-bomb bashing the new editor for B'ham News for not sending more people and having

greater coverage in Pasadena? The gist was; the game was one of the biggest news events in recent memory

for this state (AL). I recall ALL the Jox radio shows coming from Pasadena for an entire week. It doesn't

appear that his own employer is going to give the same priority to covering this game as last year. I thought

I would be hearing all the shows coming from Glendale this week.   

Not defending JOX or F-bomb, but I think the game was on a Thursday last year. I could be wrong, but I think the majority of JOX's major local programming is M-F.

What's the difference?

JOX primary local programing is during the week. If they send people out there now, they have to pay them and their expenses for the week AND for the entire weekend when they really are not doing anything.

When the game was on Thursday, they could broadcast their daily shows live M-TH from pasadena. This year there is nothing for JOX to broadcast on Sat and Sun.

Like some pointed out earlier, all the local TV stations have people there because they have sports to do all weekend prior to the game.

Remember, fans are driven by emotion and make emotional decisions, corporations are driven by the bottom line and they make finanical decisions.

Archived