Want the truth...here you go!!!!

1TexasTiger

Great article by Ronnie Sanders; share it with your friends and neighbors, but especially with the bammers you may know.  Unfortunately, most of my bammer associates are still drinking their sorrows away and are not in a state of mind to be able to read yet (assuming they can read when they are sober). :we:

the point is that Auburn is no one's little brother. Well, I never thought Auburn was anyone's little brother. That is a myth that was spread by the media in the state of Alabama. I have NEVER considered Auburn to be inferior to any other institution. I highly resent the notion that we ever thought we were anyone's little brother. I have no jealousy toward them and never have. I have a lot of dislike for them. They brought that on themselves. I grew up having to listen to all the jokes. No, my feelings toward them are nowhere close to jealousy. They are the result of their sheer arrogance. I have no use for them or anything they have or anything for which they stand. To be honest with you, I'm at the point that my attitude is "bammer fans havn't done anything to deserve having a conversation with me about football."

the point is that Auburn is no one's little brother. Well, I never thought Auburn was anyone's little brother. That is a myth that was spread by the media in the state of Alabama. I have NEVER considered Auburn to be inferior to any other institution. I highly resent the notion that we ever thought we were anyone's little brother. I have no jealousy toward them and never have. I have a lot of dislike for them. They brought that on themselves. I grew up having to listen to all the jokes. No, my feelings toward them are nowhere close to jealousy. They are the result of their sheer arrogance. I have no use for them or anything they have or anything for which they stand. To be honest with you, I'm at the point that my attitude is "bammer fans havn't done anything to deserve having a conversation with me about football."

I tend to agree with you until I moved out of Alabama. I live in Texas and not many people know where Auburn is located. We have not done a good job promoting ourselves until Chizik came. Auburn is a top school and it is about time people realize it.

I agree, AU is NOBODY's little brother and we as fans need to STOP ACTING like it.

We need to stop comparing everything minute little thing that is said about and done in relation to our program to that of UAT. To me that comes across as being insecure.

Some of our fans remind me of two siblings who are squabbling because one child got to choose what kind of cereal the family got at the grocery store two times in a row or that the other brother got to sit by the window going to the store AND coming home.

It annoys me to hear some of our fans the whining how we are treated in relationship to UAT on every tiny issue. Things like:

WJOX  was sent 4 people to the Pasadena for 5 days, but they only sent 3 people for 2 days to Glendale

UAT got a committment from a player and Rivals or Scout later raised his rating (like they did last year with Jake Holland)

ESPN hired Nick Saban to do Commentary

This media or that media outlet or member said this or that or that that they love UAT and hate Auburn.

Lets stop comparing and quit nitpicking and be secure and confident in who and what we are, namely a program with a rich history and tradition, an Elite program in the premiere conference in America, and the current BCS National Champions working on a top 5 recruiting class for 2011.

I am reminded of a David Housel Quote: "Auburn is no Harvard, Notre Dame, or Alabama.... Thank God for small favors" 

WAR EAGLE!

Outstanding article!

Odd, I never heard this before, the only thing resembling this I have ever heard was that the team in west Vance was our ugly little sister. Great article though, and wish they would have given names to some of those quotes. especially this one: "I know one thing. (Jordan-Hare Stadium) is the loudest bitch I’ve ever been in.”

I enjoyed that article. Having grown up an AU fan it seems Dye'swprds are just as propehtic now as they were almost 30 years ago. After  :devil: and the evil empire won the national championship in 09 it seemed,at least in their eyes, it was back to business as usual. So, i guess you could say we're twins, with  :devil: and the turds being the evil twin.

Odd, I never heard this before, the only thing resembling this I have ever heard was that the team in west Vance was our ugly little sister. Great article though, and wish they would have given names to some of those quotes. especially this one: "I know one thing. (Jordan-Hare Stadium) is the loudest B***h I’ve ever been in.”

Funny, I always viewed them as our creepy, washed-up uncle -- who played for his junior high football team 40 years ago and still talks about how great he is because he made a tackle once  :dunno:

I live in Texas and not many people know where Auburn is located. We have not done a good job promoting ourselves until Chizik came. Auburn is a top school and it is about time people realize it.

To be fair, if someone doesn't know where Auburn University is, it says more about their lack of knowledge than it does about Auburn. That is like not knowing where Syracuse, Rutgers, Clemson, Duke, Vanderbilt, Stanford, BYU or Baylor is, just to name a few.

I live in Texas and not many people know where Auburn is located. We have not done a good job promoting ourselves until Chizik came. Auburn is a top school and it is about time people realize it.

To be fair, if someone doesn't know where Auburn University is, it says more about their lack of knowledge than it does about Auburn. That is like not knowing where Syracuse, Rutgers, Clemson, Duke, Vanderbilt, Stanford, BYU or Baylor is, just to name a few.

or Miami, Miami, Louisville, or USC  :laugh:

(the 2 Miami's is not a misprint)

...except one of those Miamis goes by "Miami of Ohio". Kinda hard to not know where that is, isn't it?

...except one of those Miamis goes by "Miami of Ohio". Kinda hard to not know where that is, isn't it?

and when you see news about "The U" on TV, the stations always have to include (FL) so everyone knows which one they're talking about.  Bet that makes them feel special  ;D

Archived