Derrick Lykes

aubietiger14

As far as experience goes on the DT position... anyone think Derrick Lykes will get any significant playing time next year?  No one ever talks about him so I am curious.  There isn't a whole lot of depth behind Whitaker and Carter next year at DT so i would think he has to step up. 

I haven't been expecting too much from Lykes or Travis, particularly since they got beat out by both incoming freshmen this year (Whitaker and Carter).  You never know when someone's going to take a step up, though.  Look at Fairley from 2009-2010.

I totally forgot about Jamar Travis, i thought i remembered from when he first got here he was going to take some time to develop.  Well if anyone is going to step up next year will be perfect opportunities for the both of them.  Hopefully some of our incoming freshman can be productive. 

I don't know about playing time for Travis or Lykes because I don't think either played this year but I think the Freshmen Blackson, Niles and Wright will get plenty of opportunities in '11.

I know Travis got playing time on special teams and even made a pretty good play in the NC game.  I dont recall either of them playing DT but I guess they could have gotten some mop up time these season.

I know Travis got playing time on special teams and even made a pretty good play in the NC game.  I dont recall either of them playing DT but I guess they could have gotten some mop up time these season.

I take it back.  I do remember Travis on special teams. I was starting to think the kicking team consisted of only Byrum, McNeal and Sanders.

No kidding.  JT made a real nice open field tackle on an Oregon kick returner - he was moving real well for a big man.  I may be wrong but I seem to recall that he actually fielded a short kick-off last year against Ball State or a similar OOC team.

yeah, Lykes was hurt this year, which is why he didnt play. I think he's gunna be great once he gets a healthy year as a starter under his belt. Watched him play in high school so i know he's got it in him.

yeah, Lykes was hurt this year, which is why he didnt play. I think he's gunna be great once he gets a healthy year as a starter under his belt. Watched him play in high school so i know he's got it in him.

This if lykes hadn't been injured this year I think K carter would have gotten a redshirt

Archived