Cecil Newton schedules Cam workout

JamesG

I agree with this guy, Cecil was a hair away from ruining his sons life and preventing a dream national championship. He is selfish. It's plain as day that he solicited Cams talents at Miss St. We know there's no connection there with AU and I dont think any will ever be found, but lets face it, Cecil hasn't even apologized for his actions. He disappeared and let the world talk endlessly for weeks about a scandal that may have tainted our program forever; people need to stop trying to take the "higher road" by defending Cecil at all costs because it's just plain ignorant (don't even try to say here that he's the reason Cam came to Auburn, we know this is BS, he sent him to UF the first go around if you happen to remember, CECIL IS NOT AN AUBURN MAN!) He needs to stay the heck away from Cam's football operations, he's definitely done more harm than he could ever make up for in that category.

Guest shirley4au9

Could we give this issue a rest for now? BREAKING NEWS! Cam Newton is not returning for his senior year. The national and and local media will never drop issues regarding the Newtons. Whether anyone likes it or not, Cecil is Cam's dad. He will continue to be a great influence in his life. What business is it of ours? I believe it to be sad, some are beginning to resemble those we hate so badly. I thank Cam Newton for the memories, I wish he and his family well. Cam is and will forever be a member of the Auburn Family.  We are all entitled to an opinion, but I wish so many weren't so negative toward one of our own. I don't understand why the topic was necessary. JMO!

all im saying is that NFL execs have already been quoted as being skeptical of cams potential from a business standpoint because of fear of his fathers meddling.  Im not saying cam should disown his father.  im not saying i wish harm on his father.  all i am saying is that it would be best for cameron newton if his father would stay out of the spotlight while cam is in the process of preparing for and being selected in the NFL draft.  if the way i worded it offended anyone, my bad.  I did not mean it as harsh as it sounded but it is hard for me to speak fondly of a man whos selfishness has brought so much negative attention upon a great player, a great person, and a great team. my team.  our team.  a team i have waited my entire life for.  it is what it is

B. I. NGO!....and Bingo was his name-o.

people need to quit judging. 

I wish Cam nothing but the best.  I couldn't care less who schedules his workouts. 

Agreed.  Lets put it to rest.    War Eagle!

let's be real here people... Cam Newton has played for Auburn and has moved on.  We are the National Champs and he is going to the NFL.  Our only concern should be who is playing next year and to welcome any former player that is in good standing with open arms whenever they come back to AU.  I, nor anyone else, should care what Cam does or doesn't do.  Keep the peace my brothers and sisters and let it go.

MODS - are we to the point now where Cecil Newton talk should go in the general chat section? I have my own opinionns - mostly focusing around the fact that we still do not know exactly what happened at Miss St and who approached who, who said what, etc. We just do not know....and should not judge even when we do know....not our place.

Any way - I am tired of this being "associated" with Auburn Football - can we move to general chat now that Cam isn't coming back and is NFL bound?

War Eagle - as many have said - still 2010 National Champs!! :)

I am tired of every move Cecil makes being National news.  And Auburn is always included in the news and MSU is never included.  Although we all know how it should be reported. 

;D  Find this thread now. 

I am tired of every move Cecil makes being National news.  And Auburn is always included in the news and MSU is never included.  Although we all know how it should be reported. 

;D   Find this thread now. 

You are hilarious A4E!! Thanks for moving!! Agreed - tired of being tired about this subject!! War Eagle!!

Archived