Martin Aiken

Jonesy

Beat me to it Jonesy!  :thumbsup: AUsome prospect with TONS on talent! He'd be a VERY nice pick-up for us! He had 13 SACKS last year and led his team to the state championship game! Plays at same high school (Bamberg-Ehrhardt) as former 5* DL's Ricky Sapp and Da'Quan Bowers, as well as a former four-star center, A.J. Cann. Other offers from Clemson, Colorado, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Louisville, Michigan, Michigan State, UNC, NC State, Tennessee, Texas Tech, USCe, USCw, Va Tech, Wake Forest.... and although it's not listed on Rivals, the tahd from bama ALSO have offered! Texas has also shown LOTS of interest in the big DE as well, which says a LOT!

INTERVIEW 2

:we:

Big DE from South Carolina. He has tons of offers.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Martin-Aiken-100943

Big time player.  Lots of people think he'll grow into a DT.  May be second best player coming out of South Carolina this year behind only Shaq Roland.

• 2 weeks later...

AU hangin' tough with Aiken even though other schools have turned up the HEAT for one of the nation's TOP DL! One of those schools is Clemson & after a recent visit there Aiken nows says that his "Top 4" are AU, Clemson, USCe, and Ga Tech.

• 2 months later...

What happened with this guy. He is set to announce his decision and we are not in it. Do we have other guys higher on the board?

I think we got bigger fish nibblin'

What happened with this guy. He is set to announce his decision and we are not in it. Do we have other guys higher on the board?

He would be a great get, and especially for us to dip into his high school. But I think the Coaches feel pretty confident in Jordan Jenkins.

He would be a great get, and especially for us to dip into his high school. But I think the Coaches feel pretty confident in Jordan Jenkins.

From what I hear we probably shouldn't be putting so many eggs in Jenkins' basket. I hear we're about 4th on his list behind UF, UGA, and Bama.

From what I hear we probably shouldn't be putting so many eggs in Jenkins' basket. I hear we're about 4th on his list behind UF, UGA, and Bama.

Not what i heard. My understanding was that if there was a leader it was us.

Agreed. From DJ last week:

Re: Jordan Jenkins

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2011, 01:56:16 PM »

Reply with quoteQuote

Named a "Top 4" today of AUBURN, Alabama, Florida, and Tennessee, although he left room for the two GA schools (UGa and Tech) to stay in the mix as well. Already camped at AU and UT... now plans to camp at Florida, UGa and Ga Tech.

I've had a "feeling" about Jenkins for awhile now. I believe that we were his SOLID #1 back when Coach Rocker was still here, and then we fell off a bit when he left. But now I believe that we are BACK in front for Jenkins, and I feel VERY good about our chances with him!  Cheesy

Archived