Wow. just wow.

cason

Zeke Pike and Ladarious Phillips in the backfield together.

we are going to be beating teams into submission.  can you imagine how banged up opposing defenses are going to be in the 4th quarter?  our speed guys will light it up.

I really want to see us sign one big old bruiser of a running back this year.  we've got some real earth movers on the line and at fb and a qb that is 6'5 220 (in High School).  throw in one big powerful back and we will just roll over people.

future looks bright.

i think he can do it.  i don't know that he could play 4 quarters at 290 but losing 20 lbs when you are that big should not be an issue with a lil diet and yoxercise.  bruisers...  has everyone seen Pike's highlights? 

hopefully with the foot healed he can do the work needed to loose atleast 20 even 30 would be good. but he looked every bit of 290.

I think if LP drops to 270, we have our guy.

I hope he develops a strong work ethic required to be successful at this level. When he was signed, the coaches asked him to report at a certain weight to compete at RB. He arrived weighing more than he did, when he was signed.  :-\

I hope he develops a strong work ethic required to be successful at this level. When he was signed, the coaches asked him to report at a certain weight to compete at RB. He arrived weighing more than he did, when he was signed.  :-\

I think all this talk about weight is overweighted - er I mean over-rated - but good point there stat! I say we get Jillian down here to work on him a few days!

QB race this year is gonna be sick, next year's race is gonna be just outright ridiculous at AU...Trotter better watch out, cuz the kids are coming in HOT!!!!

I think all this talk about weight is overweighted - er I mean over-rated - but good point there stat! I say we get Jillian down here to work on him a few days!

It's not about what you weigh, it's about what you do with it. LP's problem is that he has a bunch of extra weight that he can't do much with, whether he's at FB or DT/DE. He needs to lose some weight, learn how to block, and be humble enough to sacrifice his body on 25-30 plays even though he'll only get the ball 5 or 10 times/game. That's a lot to ask for but if LP wants to succeed as the FB he's gonna need to make some serious progress over the summer. I think we've all seen his potential, but as Coach Trooper said will that be a back-handed complement or will he take advantage of his potential and shine on the field?

I watched him closely Saturday and I gotta tell you, his blocking leaves a lot to be desired.  Not sure FB is the place for him.

Don't worry about LP's work ethic, he attended class, practiced football and worked almost full time while in high school at Handley and took care of his disabled mother. He is a man and will take care of business, let's keep our "expert opinions" to ourselves and enjoy the ride.

We need to pick up outstanding RBs and linebackers this year.. We have recruited two great offensive lines. RBs we will need, Dyer may be gone in Junior year and OMac will be graduating next year.

Don't worry about LP's work ethic, he attended class, practiced football and worked almost full time while in high school at Handley and took care of his disabled mother. He is a man and will take care of business, let's keep our "expert opinions" to ourselves and enjoy the ride.

But that's what a message board is for!  It's for us arm chair coaches! :laugh: :laugh:

The man can stand flat footed, jump up do a flip and land on his feet at 290. I think he can play 4 quarters at that weight if he wants to.

Never was worried about it because I'm not the one competing to play. It's a message board full of opinions and I expressed mine in the same manner you expressed yours.

Stat, sorry not meant as a slight against your post. I read everything you write. I meant it as a compliment to LP and the athleticism he has at such a large size. I have never heard of a guy doing flips at his size before. Not to mention his hurdle in the A-Day game. It does make since that he would hurdle players as they dive at his legs. There are no DBs that will want to hit him high. War Eagle!!

Stat, sorry not meant as a slight against your post. I read everything you write. I meant it as a compliment to LP and the athleticism he has at such a large size. I have never heard of a guy doing flips at his size before. Not to mention his hurdle in the A-Day game. It does make since that he would hurdle players as they dive at his legs. There are no DBs that will want to hit him high. War Eagle!!

Tiger Oak,

My last comment was directed to AU-Handley who obviously took offense to my comment about work ethic. I agree he is very athletic for a guy his size and I know there was a particular coach on the staff, who wanted to bring him in. I did not intend for my initial comment to come across as LP being "lazy". My intent was that the work ethic required to start at this level is far more than what LP was accustomed to at Handley. The same holds true for every player arriving at Auburn. What LP did between national singing day (after his football season was over) and the day he reported to Auburn, I don't know. I do know that a certain Auburn coach was not happy with the weight he reported at, when he arrived at Auburn, especially wanting to be a running back. The additional weight also slowed down his rehab after he was injured in the spring of 2010. I hope he is able to live his dream and becomes a success on and off the field.

Archived