The Road to Hoover (Bama Week)

If the season ended today, we may or may not be in the SEC tournament, the tiebreaker between us, Ole Miss, and Miss State would not be decided until Ole Miss and State play each other this weekend.  After this weekend here are the SEC West standings.

1. Arkansas  12-12  @USC, Ole Miss

Alabama  12-12    @Auburn, USC

3. Auburn 11-13    Alabama, @UT

Ole Miss 11-13  Miss State, @Arkansas

Miss State 11-13  @Ole Miss, LSU

6. LSU 8-16  UT, @Miss State

I'm ready to put LSU in the rearview mirror.  They basically need to win out to have a chance to be in, and we would still have the tiebreaker over them.  Its really simple, if we go 4-2 and finish 15-15 we will be in the SEC tournament.  However, if we go 3-3 to finish 14-16 we could be left out.  The 3 way tiebreaker is the overall head-to-head record of the three teams, so any 3 way tiebreaker that involves Miss State would leave us out because our 0-3 record against them. 

Here are the 2 scenarios in which we can be in the tournament, first of all, we take 2 against Alabama and Tennessee and we are in.

Second scenario is that we finish 3-3 and then we might need some help.  It might sound crazy but it seems we need to cheer for Miss State this weekend.  We need a team not named State to fall back to only 14 wins if we so happen to only win 3 games.

Here is our worst case scenario.  Go 3-3, Miss State takes 1 at Ole Miss and 2 vs LSU, then Ole Miss takes 2 vs State, and 1 at Arkansas.  We all finish 14-16 and we are left out as we pay for getting swept by State.  So hopefully we can see State or Ole Miss tank, but if we can simply go 4-2 we don't have to worry about anything.

If we can't take 2 of 3 from turds and vols then we don't deserve to be in Hoover. I have confidence we can do this

100% agree. We put ourselves in this situation, and now it's time to dig ourselves out. If we can't win these 2 series, we have no business being in the SEC tourney or NCAA tourney.

I hope I'm wrong but, this series coming up could get ugly.

For Bama anyway......so are you putting away your Roll Tide flags now

A lot would have to happen now for us to miss out on Hoover, we'd had to lose out or simply just win 1 more game and have Ole Miss win 2 at Arkansas and Alabama win 2 vs USC.  Focus is slowly shifting to Western division crown, a win tomorrow would allow us to focus completely on that.

Archived